It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Alien Grave in Mexico ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Look two posts up, man. Those are some big eye sockets on that baby.

ETA - Excuse me...*ma'am.
Haha
edit on 21-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Look two posts up, man. Those are some big eye sockets on that baby.

ETA - Excuse me...*ma'am.
Haha
edit on 21-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Ha, I did notice that

I just figured maybe it would be easier to tell whether or not this was a normal effect of skull binding and, if not, then that would be a good starting point. But yeah, that baby's eyes are huge. I briefly looked up whether or not it was possible but couldn't find any straight-up scientific sites. The ones that did mention it play both sides of the fence. Any anthropologists here that could be of assistance?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The only way to know if they were aliens,is a DNA test.

The practice to elongate the head was (and i think still is) common to certain ancient tribes.The "important" people of the tribe chose this,to distinct themselves from the common people.

The picture posted in the OP,could be a human,but the eye socket is a little different than the usual human.

I will wait for the DNA results,before i jump to any conclusion.(which i'm sure we'll never see)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sigh. Why is it anytime someone digs up a skull like this the first response is to go ancient alien theorist and say "it was aliens"?

It's a ritual called headbinding, performed on infants when their skulls are soft and still developing. You can make a skull like that today but people would consider you a child abuser if you did.

Head Binding
edit on 22-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
HUGE NEWS!!!

and i noticed the MSM has covered it mainly as of Dec 21, 2012

the skeletons were found in mayan country too

this is a HUGE symbolic tip of the hat to those of who have been looking for confirmation signs like this that play into the big game/patterns

utterly chilling. they try and dismiss the stuff and its the ONE SKULL that is 100% not completely human.

an utter moron could tell its not what know as a human skull.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
The whole "skull binding" argument do not explain the infants found with elongated skulls - when those are found the official explanation is "birth deformities". You can never win this discussion here on ATS.
edit on 20-12-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

Heres an example

Originally posted by anomalie

for the moronic people posting PROOF that headbinding is real, etc, you're clueless. Anyone who reads this board or is into archaelogy already KNOWS that

but in posting such pictures you prove to the believers that you don't get it

humans can shape their heads and obviously did it for a reason. but it doesnt shape their EYES, jaw, etc into a different homanid/hybrid type form

in trying to disprove, you give more credence to this one skull just released this week

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer

Originally posted by UltraMarine..

en.wikipedia.org...

Not aliens..

edit on 19-12-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

Perhaps not Aliens but - Not Human either. See the pics in this post for comparison www.abovetopsecret.com... or compare the pics in this thread to the pics on your wikipedia page - They don't come close to matching. It's not just the skull, it's the entire skeletal structure of the head, eyes, jaw, face areas. These are all very disproportionate to that of modern homo sapiens. You'r not gonna make the face, jaw, eyes etc do that by binding it like you would for a skull.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Skull shaping still happens to this day in parts of Africa .. google images has several examples to be found in their search.

They also have a neck extension that some of them practice that makes their neck really long, supported by metal rings... if the rings are removed their necks as adults then it would likely kill them ( or so I've read ).. that has happened in Africa and Thailand

Modern photo of skull shaping:

Neck rings:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Perhaps not Aliens but - Not Human either.

The article stated they were humans who had skull elongation ( a known, and still practiced thing ) .. and dental mutilation, also a known thing.. they are humans.. it's just a great archaeological find because it shows that this practice happened further out than was known about geographically

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Mexican experts have found a cemetery a few thousand years old in the state of Sonora that has features never seen before in that region . A mere 300 meters from the village of Onavas, southern Sonora, was an outdoor grave site, the first pre-Hispanic cemetery,of that state found with burials composed of 25 individuals, 13 of whom have intentional skull deformation.

Most interesting of all , is this picture which looks like an alien skeleton :

That skeleton surely do not look Earthly . What do you say ?

Link

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Mate calling people posting head binding photos moronic is not going to help your cause previous elongated skulls found have been proven to be human...what makes this one any different ?

If you have evidence then please present it

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Dear ATS’ers,
First post of what I hope will be a long and meaningful relationship with you all. I am a long time reader/lurker and have never felt the need to jump in the conversation until now. To the OP thank you for bringing this news to forum. I am not an archeologist. I am not a Ufoligist either nor do I hold a degree in a relevant field. I am a cook. A curious cook but a cook I am at the end of the day. You will never hear me state anything as “Fact” unless proven to be. I find it offensive when people do that. You see I kind of cruised along my existence accepting the possibility of ET life and generially accepting what the MSM told me until a few years after 9/11, after the initial shock, anger and confusion wore-off and I began researching that day specifically I then started falling into the other rabbit holes we all know so well. I’ve spent a great deal of my free time over the past two years researching ancient man. By “researching” I mean I did not limit my study to Youtube videos (however I always find the comment sections filled with zealots for both sides of any argument and IMHO paid shills) I have read volumes of real books, some I got something out of such as work from Cremo & Hancock others not as much. I have recently read Brien Foerester & David Childress’s book dedicated to these impressive skulls and while I cannot sing it’s praises (poorly written) it does a serviceable job for those new to the subject. I have recently found a great deal of controversy around the acquisition and DNA testing of these skulls. Several warring FB groups all devoted to the same thing bickering and name calling. Seems like there could be money involved soon and Mr. Foerester was not asked to return to his Ancient Aliens spot (topic for further conversation) There are not just a few of these here and there- make no mistake there are hundreds of them and the significance of this recent find is that they have never been found that far north, traditionally limited to in and around Paracas, Peru. As many members have previously stated; Head binding is a historic global phenomenon. But why and what were they attempting to emulate? These skulls, again IMHO, have mysteriously connected pre transatlantic cultures in a way that not many have looked into. The skulls in question are not examples of head binding as cranial volume is not increased by binding. This is a fact. In many of the skulls that tests have begun to be run on, researchers have found up to a 30% increased volume in cranial capacity. More so cranial plates are not consistant with ours. I’ve begun to consider (just a hunch) that these peoples may have had increased Pineal gland size/power/activity due to their brain size. I also find it fascinating that they are recovered so closely to ancient megaliths. To dismiss these ancient anomalies as simply “alien” or “not alien” seems to do them a disservice as they could serve as keys to our real hidden history. At any rate I look forward to this discussion and of course your collective opinions on the subject…

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by slave1

Very well stated Slave! IMHO though, the kicker for me is the facial bones. I understand that some ancient peoples practiced the skull elongation but you can't change the shape of the facial bones as this skull displays. The mental (chin) bone and the cheek bones do not look anything close to a human skull. I could be completely wrong but that is my honest opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperStrength

Thank you! And agreed. Llyod Pye was on Coast to Coast last night, said the same thing ; )

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Jeeze imagine a poor sap with an elongated skull, a stretched neck, and tyhem big flappy lips they make .......
alien or whaaat?
One quick question though....is there a chance that this practice encourages more brain mass?

If this may be so...these long brained indivicuals may have extraordinary talents we short brains cannot imagine...
Has anyone ever asked one whats the rush?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There is a condition called Craniosynostosis Craniosynostosis where the skull joints fuse and cause abnormal skull shapes due to the continued growth of the brain. It is believed to be genetic which could mean there where multiple generations in an area that were killed which could be an explanation of the mass grave.

When any of the sutures grow together early, the baby’s head develops a specific shape, depending on where the fusion occurs

edit on 12/23/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperStrength
reply to post by slave1

Very well stated Slave! IMHO though, the kicker for me is the facial bones. I understand that some ancient peoples practiced the skull elongation but you can't change the shape of the facial bones as this skull displays. The mental (chin) bone and the cheek bones do not look anything close to a human skull. I could be completely wrong but that is my honest opinion.

Wrong... you can change the shape of your jaw bone. A new study has confirmed that human jaw sizes and shapes vary according to diet, not just ancestry.
The data clearly showed that the hunter-gatherer groups tended to have more robust lower jaws. The diets of these populations consist primarily of unprocessed foods that require more chewing. This in turn is going to effect the structure of the facial bones to accommodate the jaw bone muscle.
Linky
More reading

These aliens must have enjoyed jerky

edit on 23-12-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

There is a condition called (craniosynostosis) in which the skull grows upwards. King Tut. the people that used to be the skulls found in Mexico; and others may have had this condition.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

Link: www.umm.edu...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
...most interesting of all , is this picture which looks like an alien skeleton :

That skeleton surely do not look Earthly . What do you say ?

Link

This, unfortunately for wild imagineers, is probably just cultural disfigurement of a body part, as mentioned by others. In this case, the wrapping around the skull. When done from an early age, and in an entire village, it makes them seem "un earthly."

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
There is a condition called Craniosynostosis Craniosynostosis where the skull joints fuse and cause abnormal skull shapes due to the continued growth of the brain. It is believed to be genetic which could mean there where multiple generations in an area that were killed which could be an explanation of the mass grave.

When any of the sutures grow together early, the baby’s head develops a specific shape, depending on where the fusion occurs

edit on 12/23/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

so magically all over the globe, people for some reason worship the elongated skull and their gods also have them even though it has nothing to do with DNA connections to same families?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join