It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met Badnarik last night

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I find this funny because although he holds his libertarian beliefs he just can't cross the line... I got him to go and i'm assuming he went because he loves me, but even still he just didn't think much after we left... which is fine. i just dont understand how he can be a bush supporter when he dislikes some of his policies more then the lp platform. it's a confusing rant, I don't want to go on right now, but here's their cute picture together... I think it's funny..

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

Originally posted by TrueLies
FYI Badnarik is now on 49 states and the District of Columbia!

More people = more votes...

EVERY vote counts.... If he's on the ballot... He's just as legit as kerry and Bush are...

which state is he NOT on the ballot in?

Technically, you are correct. There is only one state in which you may live where you will not, under any circumstance, be able to vote for Michael Badnarik. That state is Oklahoma. Although he will also not be on the ballot in New Hampshire, yet New Hampshire allows 'write-ins' for presidential candidates as Oklahoma does not.

If you live in Oklahoma, the Libertarian party suggests that you vote the "none of the above" or NOTA option www.nota4oklahoma.info....

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why all the talk of Republicans turned Libertarian?

I voted for Clinton and WAS going to vote for Kerry but I am now proud to say that I plan on voting for Badnarik.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz

I voted for Clinton and WAS going to vote for Kerry but I am now proud to say that I plan on voting for Badnarik.

Don't worry about it man. If you like the Libertarian Party values, and believe in Badnarik, that's all that matters. The libertarian's are pretty much a neutral party upholding some ideals from each party, but approaching them in a different way.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No but if he gets 5% of the votes then he gets federal assistance next time around, right?

He may i'm not sure, but knowing badnarik he wouldn't take the money...
He's pretty hardcore libertarian...

And he will be running in 08 against guliani and hillary...

ps: guliani is obviously another puppet, from what I saw at the gop convention, I was disappointed... He was a great mayor, but I guess if you want to get to the top you gotta bend over...

So yeah, Badnarik will be running again in 08, hope ya'll vote for him then!!

We'll have a better chance then than now...
Although our chances are getting better everyday.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well I just got off the phone with the chairman of the michigan lp party and he was telling me about "goldwater republicans". Barry Goldwater was a five term senator from arizona he ran for prez in 64.
By the end of his life, the party had moved rightward to such a degree that it frustrated Goldwater himself, who publicly criticzed what he saw as a Christian right takeover.

He alarmed even some of his fellow partisans with his brand of staunch fiscal conservatism and militant anti-Communism. After boldly declaring in his acceptance speech (written by Karl Hess) at the 1964 Republican Convention that "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue...", Goldwater was painted as a dangerous figure by the incumbent Johnson administration, which countered Goldwater's slogan "In your heart, you know he's right" with the line "In your guts, you know he's nuts."

As part of its advertising, the Johnson campaign ran a television commercial showing a scene in which a young girl gathering daisies is interrupted by the mushroom cloud of a nuclear explosion. Dubbed Daisy, it was meant to imply that Goldwater would start a nuclear war if elected. The commercial, which featured only a few spoken words of narrative and relied on imagery for its emotional impact, was one of the most provocative moments in American campaign history and is credited by many as being the birth of the modern style of negative television advertising. Ironically, the ad was run only twice and in small local markets. (Goldwater's own rhetoric on nuclear war was quite uncompromising. On one occasion he remarked, "Let's lob a nuclear bomb into the men's room at the Kremlin." [1] (scoop.agonist.org...))

The Goldwater campaign launched the careers of several important conservative figures. Ronald Reagan, once a Democrat, gave a stirring nationally-televised speech, "A Time for Choosing," in support of Goldwater, which launched his own political career.

More

POINT BEING

If the Republican party had remained true to the principles of Barry Goldwater, the Libertarian Party probably would not exist, because it would be unnecessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join