It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists disgusting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Anyone else disgusted by the extreme conspiracy theorists using the CT shooting to push another conspiracy on people?

This is a conspiracy site, yes, but making everything one just makes conspiracy theorist look insane.

Why use these kids death as your own personal conspiracy wet dream? You couldn't even wait an hour or so before creating threads. Are you sick?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Anyone else disgusted by the extreme conspiracy theorists using the CT shooting to push another conspiracy on people?

This is a conspiracy site, yes, but making everything one just makes conspiracy theorist look insane.

Why use these kids death as your own personal conspiracy wet dream? You couldn't even wait an hour or so before creating threads. Are you sick?

Religious people will flee to their God when events like this happen, politicians will use it in their favor, activists will protest, the media will talk about it and so on. Each person has it's own business and that's how it goes. In a conspiracy forum, it will become a conspiracy theory.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm a damn good looking conspiracy theorist myself...

Dont know about the others tho

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

is it any different then 9/11?

what if there is a real conspiracy behind this?
but because you're too immature to ask hard questions, it would never be solved?

why does it matter to you in particular what other people think,
especially when the people we regularly deem "insane" are the ones thinking it?

I find it perfectly acceptable to question it because the media is going on a rampage that needs to be slowed down and methodically analyzed. before/after it causes an unforeseen chain reaction potential.
like copycat shooters and factions overstepping their bounds.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Look. I really feel bad about what happened.
But you get it? Of course they know you feel bad, that't the point.
Look at 911. Who doesn't already firmly believe that something very different than the official story happened.

This has been a horrible tragedy, but don't let that take your eye off the ball. And this one's coming right at you. You can see it as clear as day.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

It's not that they push their crazy theories (they have the right to that) it's that those threads get more attention than the reasonable ones that gets me. Like the thread about his mother being a 2012 believer being a major factor should have gained more attention than the more far-reaching ones.
The simple answer is usually the right one.

S&F
edit on 17-12-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I myself think that its GOOD that conspiracy theorists look into things like this. Ok there are a few crackpots, but in general, a typical conspiracy theorist is an individual that doesn't like to take facts and information 2nd hand, but to find out themselves.

Just like when you were a child and your mother says "dont touch that its hot"...its questioned with "but is it really?? how hot is it in fact?? I'll touch it!"

Conspiracy theorists analyze every detail of a particular event or idea to such a degree that in many occasions, something interesting, or a grain of fact is uncovered that may lead to a better understanding of the "conspiracy" in question.

If you were one of the parents of a child that was shot, or a relative of the teachers that were killed that day, and a conspiracy theorist uncovered some detail that lead to a better explanation of WHY your loved one was killed instead of just "mental illness, sorry", wouldn't you want to thank them?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

We aren't all Alex Jones and so on, making a profit off of this stuff. People try to uncover the lies because they know they are being lied to; I don't know about others, but I participate out of sympathy for my fellow humans. All viruses and parasites need to be found out, otherwise they will continue to destroy, unchallenged.

People who shut up and keep their heads down and never think to question are the reason why psychopaths get away with raping them.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

It's not that they push their crazy theories (they have the right to that) it's that those threads get more attention than the reasonable ones that gets me. Like the thread about his mother being a 2012 believer being a major factor should have gained more attention than the more far-reaching ones.
The simple answer is usually the right one.

S&F
edit on 17-12-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

Got any proof other than hearsay that she was a 2012er/survivalist/gun nut? I see. You don't. So that's a conspiracy in and of itself my friend.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

My guess is that we would not have so many conspiracy theories if there were not so many crooks, thieves, liars and murderous thugs in power.
edit on 12/17/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I had a thread not long ago saying we see conspiracys everywhere we look with no substantial proof. I was shot down because i was reminded this is a conspiracy website. Its like going into a bee hive and asking the bees to stop making honey. Theres good honey and theres bad honey. Theres also snowflakes for people who like facebook.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Why use these kids death as your own personal conspiracy wet dream?

Seriously?

That is projecting a lot onto someone you don't even know other than words over the internet..

How do you know what their real intentions are by posting? Oh you don't..

This must be your "wet dream" calling out all the theorists at a time like this.. sick!!

I am disgusted by your actions, shame on you.

edit on 17-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This event has finally driven ATS over the cliff. Many warned about it.
We didn't heed the prophets warning, nor the messages encoded by the illuminati in dora the explorer.

It's like the zombie apocaplypse in here now.
The zombies surge enmass and beat you down to a brainless pulp if you dare suggest a coincidence is just a coincidence and sometimes there is no Illuminati occult sacrifice ritual behind every single significant event, media reports that are changed are not evidence that the first reports were the true ones, not everything you hear on a police scanner is relevant to the event and a sign something's been covered up, and sometimes the things reported in the news did actually happen and it wasn't just a propaganda false flag event.

Logic, critical analysis, grounded and interesting speculation, not believing something before it can be verified, scientific knowledge from various fields, amateur journalistic integrity... all gone.
All that's left is the herds of zombie sheep bleating - "Dey took oor guurns!! Faaake! No blood! No bodies! Fake actors! Pretend tears! Can't even stick to the script! Psychopaths are in control of the weather! You can't fool me! Go with the feelings in your heart, it's never wrong! SHIIILLLL!!"

It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to some really interesting discussions over the next week, maybe even a genuine UFO invasion on the 21st.

So now I must roam the internet, looking for a new community to call home.

If we meet on the road, I may share my scavenged tin of beans with you, all the while keeping a hand close to my crossbow, you understand.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So it's ok to argue there is no conspiracy, but it's not ok to argue there is. Yeah, I see this a lot from the no conspiracy, everything is a coincidence, crowd.

No conspiracy = respectful
Conspiracy = disrespectful

No conspiracy = sane
Conspiracy = insane

No conspiracy = Realistic
Conspiracy = Unrealistic

Why use these kids death as your own personal conspiracy wet dream?

This is a straw man sir. I think you already knew that when you typed it though.

Why use these children's death to make your point that conspiracy theorists in this case are heartless and morbid?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It is heartless and morbid to imply that there was no massacre.
It is heartless and morbid to imply that because they personally have not seen any blood or bodies, or that because the death count changed or was known too quickly, therefore it is fake.
It is heartless and morbid to imply that the parents are acting.
It is heartless and morbid to imply that the president is acting.
It is heartless and morbid to examine every nuance of a child giving an interview and imply that they don't seem upset or shocked enough.

ALL of these things have been suggested. Many times. I hate these people.

edit on 17-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

We have a media in this country infamous for their lies and deception. Foxnews even won the right in court to lie.
We have a government that is known for lying, and worse, committing atrocities against it's own citizens.
The above two statements are NOT speculation. They are documented FACTS.

So I find it no surprise that anyone would take the stance of questioning everything they see and hear from MSM and government. What you are taking as a personal affront against these children, isn't. At all. It is an extreme caution on the part of the individual that knows they are consistently lied to by both of these entities.

However, objectivity too frequently gets thrown out the window by both sides when something this tragic happens. We let our emotions and fears take over our better judgement, and suppress our ability to analyze a situation from a detached perspective.

Though I know there are exceptions, I think most at ATS who are willing to ask the hard questions, also genuinely want the truth, and have no malice toward the victims in asking. At the same time, I personally think we've seen enough evidence to be confident this is indeed a real event. More than one member of ATS is close to this situation. It's time to move on to other questions.

I hate these people.

Enraged hatred is an emotion that incapacitates your critical thinking skills, and your ability to analyze a situation from more than one perspective. Don't do that to yourself. It literally handicaps you.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I'm a damn good looking conspiracy theorist myself...

Dont know about the others tho

You say that but i can smell you from here...........

disgusting............

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'm sickened by it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Enraged hatred is an emotion that incapacitates your critical thinking skills, and your ability to analyze a situation from more than one perspective. Don't do that to yourself. It literally handicaps you.

I am quite capable of mainitaining an ability to analyse coherently and simultaneously hold a cold hard silent hate for the callous clowns who are blowing their own egos in the rush to be conspiracy king of the year.

Generally though, I would agree that hate may be an impediment and is not to be encouraged.
But it's just a feeling. Feelings happen. I do not try to hold onto them. They go when they go.

Believing the 'story' to a certain extent does not equal passively swallowing everything the media shoves down my throat, as so many self-proclaimed holders of the real truth are proud of accusing those who question the validity of their baseless assertions that certainly have less evidence for them than what has been reported by the media of doing.

The Libor connection is constantly repeated, when the original source of the rumour is Sorcha Faal.
The false quote 'there are no coincidences, everything is planned -FDR' is repeated as a proof that Batman encoded the killers actions. He never said that.

I do understand the points you were making, and agree with them to a point. But they do not change my opinion.

These people are idiots. I am confident in my assertion.
edit on 18-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

top topics

join