It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by splitfamiliar
Could all this have been avoided if the threads in question were placed/moved into the skunkworks?

I was under the impression that it was created for such a purpose?

Completely avoided. And that's how it used to be. skunkworks until proven to be more then coincidences

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Then surely the fault lies not with the newer members of ATS bringing the site down in older members opinion but with the guidelines on where to post and members not alerting the mods to posts in incorrect forums.

I find this post a perfect example,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I often browse the skunkworks but always leave my ego and my rational mind at the door.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Then surely the fault lies not with the newer members of ATS bringing the site down in older members opinion but with the guidelines on where to post and members not alerting the mods to posts in incorrect forums.

I find this post a perfect example,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I often browse the skunkworks but always leave my ego and my rational mind at the door.

I would almost certainly agree with you. However here is where most of the problem lies:

Most, not all, but most will post a thread stating its just an idea and a theory, and 'they arent sure'. But sure enough, you question the theory, provide evidence to the contrary, or ask for any real evidence to support said theory, then they get defensive and say " youre just close minded for not believing this. I know. I know the msm lies. This was a hoax"

So they go from its just an idea, to eventually 'its what really happened''.

And then when you call them on that. They revert back to the 'this is a place to share thoughts and ideas, you dont like it get out'. ANd then talk about it as if its fact again.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well why not leave them to it then? There's still plenty of good stuff here.

On a final note I would like to raise a couple of questions regarding some of the statements you've made over the last couple of threads if I may.

Firstly you claim to have insider knowledge of the film industry but I can find no evidence of this other than a single minor instance? given that this was a large part of your argument against this can you validate your claims.

Secondly you repeatedly hark for the ATS of old when it was a far better place yet your own history here is far perfect when facts and evidence are concerned.

Your ego betrays you.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Well why not leave them to it then? There's still plenty of good stuff here.

On a final note I would like to raise a couple of questions regarding some of the statements you've made over the last couple of threads if I may.

Firstly you claim to have insider knowledge of the film industry but I can find no evidence of this other than a single minor instance? given that this was a large part of your argument against this can you validate your claims.

Secondly you repeatedly hark for the ATS of old when it was a far better place yet your own history here is far perfect when facts and evidence are concerned.

Your ego betrays you.

If you'd like to go on the attack, sure. yes I have more inside knowledge than most on here when it comes to Hollywood. I never claimed it was because I worked in a bunch of projects. A few pilots that never got picked up ( hard to accomplish, very lucky on my part to even be cast multiple times and even have a shot) and I was on a network show on CBS during prime time. I had to leave the show after filming only one episode unfortunately for family reasons. Nothing I regret in the slightest. That plus living in Toluca lake, CA, I was able to become great family friends with some pretty powerful people in the business.

Proof? My credit on the network show is on IMDB. As for powerful friends? I dont know , you could become friends with me on fb I suppose... Pictures with my friends who are in the biz that you would instantly recognize. As for more proof, I dont know what to tell you. Id assume once you saw I was telling the truth about the first part, then why would I be lying about the second.

edit on 21-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Your ego betrays you.

As for this, Im not even sure what you mean...

Maybe your ignorance betrays yours...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
There was no attack intended, merely a question of validity.

You quite rightly ask people to bring proof to the discussion, I was simply asking you to do the same.

I'm perfectly happy to believe you on your word if you are willing to do the same to others.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There was no attack intended, merely a question of validity.

You quite rightly ask people to bring proof to the discussion, I was simply asking you to do the same.

I'm perfectly happy to believe you on your word if you are willing to do the same to others.

As I said, Im willing to offer proof. Search knapple on imdb, it will have my role on the one episode I managed to film before moving.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Let me know when you have verified so I don't leave up personal info about myself. I did it for you because you asked for proof.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I did, which is why I questioned you.

I am not disputing you are an actor but your claim to have insider knowledge is im my opinion somewhat diminished by your visible history in the industry.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I did, which is why I questioned you.

I am not disputing you are an actor but your claim to have insider knowledge is im my opinion somewhat diminished by your visible history in the industry.
I don't know what to tell ya. Everything I said is the truth. I proved I have Nadeen on a TV show ( not reality TV either ) that's something like what, one in a million. I Todd you I lived in Toluca lake. A very small community. Google what celebs have lived there in the last 15 years. At some point connect the dots. At least these dots I've shown proof of.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by splitfamiliar

I have an idea. I'll send a picture of one of those choose friends and me, to a trusted member or mod. Best I can do.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You don't need to do any of those things, I'm really not that concerned.

But fair play for offering. that goes a long way.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You don't need to do any of those things, I'm really not that concerned.

But fair play for offering. that goes a long way.

I know. In the grand scheme of things it means diddly. But my credibility was questioned (fairly, you haven't been here for other proof of my credibility, so I don't Blame you). But an, alarming amount of new members have not questioned it, but out right attacked me, because I question their claims. So I felt it prudent to prove what I could in the hopes that in the future you can verify what I could to you

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Again, given the stance by ATS, I felt this was fitting.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I certainly agree that the membership after 2010 or so has a much different mentality than ATS had around 06-08. I was actually a member in 06 but forgot my password and changed my email. lol.

But the differences have seemed to of gotten worse with those who have registered in 2012. Not everyone for sure, but a lot.

In defense of those who joined around and after 2010: I myself came on board in 2010 after the BP disaster. I read many awesome threads in the beginning, the first one I was hooked on was about D4rk Kn1ght prophecy, but there were also threads about hollow earth where the dude had drawn an illustration that was, in my mind, just a way out there nutty theory.
I was hooked for about a year, but then spent little to no time here in 2012. The threads lost their "meaty intellect." My brain started to feel mushy after an hour digging around rather than feeling stronger and more knowledgeable. Around the time I stopped dropping in I was seeing other posters say that the change was due to facebook. I don't know, I am back but not like I used to be due to the work involved sorting through the muck to get to the goods.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I dont know , you could become friends with me on fb I suppose... Pictures with my friends who are in the biz that you would instantly recognize.

Pick me, pick me! I want to have a semi-famous friend on fb!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76

I dont know , you could become friends with me on fb I suppose... Pictures with my friends who are in the biz that you would instantly recognize.

Pick me, pick me! I want to have a semi-famous friend on fb!

Then I suggest friending Tom from myspace... Hes someplace on there right?

On topic, I think the insanity has passed. Any investigations into SH seem to be diminishing and debates seem to be civil or at least less hostile.
edit on 2-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join