It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by machinist47

I come here to ATS to get insight on peoples thoughts and ideas about what it going on in the world today! Do I believe in everything I read here? Absolutly not!!! In my opinion, to be a member of this sight and complain that what you read is garbage and think it should be banned is nothing more than advocating censorship. What is wrong with just sharing your opinion if you do not accept the the theory and just move on! If you like to debate then have a sensible debate and if it goes nowhere for either view, call it what it is and be done with it! After all, isn't this what this sight is supposed to be about?

Background noise. If you want to cover something up, just bury it in piles and piles of crap theories and pop culture nonsense.

Maybe there is something important in this after all. Given that it appears people are trying to muddy the waters with so much effort...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree with you, but This is a conspiricy web site on the internet!!! to expect anything less is just as insane! What's the sense in argueing with fools? Use your own commons sense and dismiss the nonsense personally! The lunacy on this site is not going to end and that is that!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thank you boncho, it's no coincidence that you are a huge contributor to ats and you also demand theories based on facts.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Your post is unnecessarily long. You could've gotten the point across in a couple well written paragraphs. Instead you post 10 paragraphs repeating and implying the same things.

Originally posted by bknapple32
Sandy Hook on a map- Coincidence. This theory implies that Christopher Nolan somehow had knowledge two years in advance of the Newtown shooting. You really believe that?

You're missing the point. Whether or not Christopher Nolan knew in advance doesn't matter. The conspiracy is that "they" inserted that into the movie to act as a subtle/subliminal forewarning of things to come. There's an entire string of similar coincidences that has raised a big conspiracy about the "Illuminati" using these subtle clues in the film industry. It's a sort of game they play where they reveal a clue to a future staged/false flag event. Again, Christopher Nolan may or may not know a thing about it. It could've been slipped into the set props & used, and nobody would second guess it. Get it now?

MK-Ultra. Lanza was somehow the victim of mind control by the CIA. While I believe in MK Ultra and fully believe it existed in the CIA. There is not one shred of proof that Lanza had any contact with anyone even closely related to the CIA. Again, no proof.

Not saying this is true, but again, it's a conspiracy theory for a reason. There's clues & shreds of peculiarities that point towards a trend. Seemingly normal young men going postal. You think just because there's not proof of having ties to the CIA that discredits the theory?? Wow... right. Because the CIA would really leave all that evidence lying around. You can't really believe that more than a few subjects of a secret mind-control project like that could be proven to be connected to the agency. The victims aren't even aware of their own programmed mind(s), let alone other people.

When you make a thread, be able to defend your claims with evidence. If you cant, don't make a thread. Wait until you have something viable.

A lot of what these people are posting is "viable". Much of it raises an eyebrow at the very least & gets you thinking. This site is not only for conspiracy facts, but CT, as you mentioned. Theories don't really need a large quantity of validated evidence to be viable, or interesting. You may be quick to accept the official story even though it's riddled with holes & the media constantly changing reports. Others may be quick to point down conspiracy avenue & pick the one that most logically fits the scenario --- Even when at times the evidence is sparse. I find the former to be more dangerous & risky than the latter.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
First off, I won't be needing any writing critiques from you, but thanks anyways. I'm not going to respond to much as I've already talked about everything you wrote, being that you were the third or fourth person to say it. However, you did bring something interesting up... seemingly normal people going postal...

Adam Lanza was not a normal kid. Have you done any research into his past? Far from a normal nice guy like you and me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sokpuppet

for the record my username is a mashup of letters in my first and last name

Is your name Pep Blank?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

As you said yourself, be allowed to post your threads, but be ready for criticism.

There have already been numerous threads & post expressing exactly what you've said. Except shorter. Just because you make yours 10+ paragraphs, & excessively repeat what's already been heard (and countered), that doesn't make you right. I doubt people are "leaving ATS" due to a surge in Newton related conspiracies. This happens every time an event like this occurs --- For days, even weeks or more that's all you see being posted. Ironically you contributed to the same monster pile of rehashed topics that you claim are pushing people away.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
People are leaving ats not just because of the Newtown threads. It's a culmination of threads from a variety of topics that have no proof. Nothing to refute because they are all hunches.

Again. Don't care what you think of my op and how I wrote it. Others enjoyed it. And the difference? I question ops for the veracity of the claims made. You are questioning how I word things.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by purplemer

Right, so it couldn't have been some conspiracy theorist who put that message in Ducktails, right? Why would someone advertise like that? I thought this was supposed to be a secret organization and yet you think they advertise in Disney movies? So which is it, are they a secret organization hidden from public view, or are they advertising in kids cartoons to gain attentio? Do you not understand how stupid this is?

Lisa holding up the image of NY, with $9, you do know that the twin towers were an iconic landmark of NY right? Almost everything printed about NY in the 80's and 90's had the twin towrs on it, but now wherever that happened conspiracy theorists are claiming it was a "sign". It wasn't a sign, it was the landmark of a city being used to depict the damn city!

Then we have a grainy image of two large buildings, with something in the sky near them, and we're expected to believe this is evidence of something? What if it were a picture of the towers with a flock of birds flying towards it taken by a tourist on a sunny afternoon, would you scream that the birds MUST represent planes and that the tourists knew and planned everything!?

Neo's passport, has a date in it. Wow, no one had ever written that date before on anything at all, right? Imagine all those people out there with birthdays on Sept 11th, I wonder if they know they are all involved and are agents of the Illuminati too?! How about all those companies that included Sept 11th on their printed calendar's, they must be in on it because they used a date in something!

Jeez, it's like the date is supposed to have never existed before the attack

There you go, I have now debunked all the BS in one go, tell your therapist to thank me by making a donation to a mental health organization.
Just to let you know that you haven't debunked anything from purplemer. Why should I believe what you say is fact with no evidence to backup your claims.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think its pathetic that so many boogerveaters here are playing who framed roger rabbit and out right calling a child killer a victim. Maybe its easier to deal with the admitting the truth. Soulless animals.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
People here dont understand two words. Victim and Proof.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

People are leaving ats not just because of the Newtown threads. It's a culmination of threads from a variety of topics that have no proof. Nothing to refute because they are all hunches.

I actually partially agree with that. There's an excess of those type of threads that have put me off to ATS multiple times. However, there's also an equal amount of threads where the OP tells other members what to post or what not to. Calling people crazy, liars, trolls. Asserting their intellectual superiority & correctness even when their opinion is just as subjective/objective as the next guy. Those plethora threads are equally disheartening. Your post isn't exactly that bad, but I do feel it's redundant.

Again. Don't care what you think of my op and how I wrote it. Others enjoyed it. And the difference? I question ops for the veracity of the claims made. You are questioning how I word things.

I obviously didn't just question the wording. I've stated why some of the conspiracies have viability, even if they're not provable. And at the very least they pose questions. I actually understand this wave of Newton threads more than a lot of previous waves that left me mouth agape. You clearly don't see it the same.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Here's the part I can't figure out about all the theories surrounding the shooting.

Is no one responsible for their actions any more? Does it always come down to the NWO (aka Devil) made them do it? I just don't understand this. If an American soldier goes blitzo and kills innocent people in a war zone, then he should be punished to the full extent of the law. But if an everyday citizen does the same, nope! It's not their fault!!!! The NWO/Devil made 'em do it.

Are people so willing to give up their own free will to the NWO/Devil so they can be held blameless?? Or maybe it's because they just can't accept the reality that yes, some people are really just unstable. No NWO/Devil influence required.

As to the Batman movie. Blah.... If people really understood how a movie that big gets made, they wouldn't be so quick to jump on the "it's sign!!!" bandwagon.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
As to the Batman movie. Blah.... If people really understood how a movie that big gets made, they wouldn't be so quick to jump on the "it's sign!!!" bandwagon.

100% irrelevant.

The size of a movie isn't a valuable argument.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy site, there is nothing wrong with people making up theories and conspiracy. Like some others said before me, if you don't want em, don't read em.

You are the ones that are afraid that the conspiracies might hold more truth than the official corrupt MSM official story. You wish it was just a lone gunman and not a conspiracy to disarm the people or install fear unto them.

You wish that the government didn't attack their own people on 911,
you wish that the war on drugs wasn't a cartel for drug monopoly,
you wish nasa really doesn't know anything about ET's,
you wish that all those coincidences in movies, financed by the elite, are all just coincidences
you wish there wasn't an illuminati and a Satan

The list goes on and on and on.

You are afraid and want others to stop making you think that maybe, just maybe we are being lied to AGAIN.
Push it away all you want, fear will not stop the truth.

I am not claiming that the truth behind the shooting is a conspiracy, but you shouldn't deny others wanting to dig deeper only because yooooou don't like the idea.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

OK, if that's what you believe. Free will and all that.

Do you know where the map came from? Who was the designer?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i don`t read the conspiracy threads anymore, 99.9% of them try to make connections using the most insane reasoning to tie all the loose ends together that it would be just laughable if they weren`t so pathetic.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This IS a conspiracy forum! What do you expect?!?!

IF you don't like all the threads, here's an idea IGNORE them!

I'm sick of all the gun threads so you know what I do I DONT click on them!

Don't tell people what to post on a site that is exactly for what they want to discuss, conspiracies.

There are tons of ridiculous conspiracies on here but that is what this site is designed for, to discuss them. Ever see the one about Obama being a reincarnated Akhnaten?! IT's silly but people discuss it who are interested in it, doesn't mean they have to stop discussing it jst because someone doesnt' like it. You have a choice.

IF you believe everything the media tells you then why are you even here?! Those who question the media are here to discuss the holes in their story. IF you dont like it then DONT read it.

Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thank you for your reply. Is that what you call debunking a post. My granny past away 15 years ago. She could still do a better job of debunking.. The personal insult at the end referring to me as a mentalist is nothing more than a personal insult. Normally this occurs when someone has a disability to argue in a the context of a debate.

I don't see calling people delusional as being an insult, especially not when I see it as a fact, as born out in the evidence I have in front of me.

When does something stop becoming an insult and start becoming truth? I could call you any curse word, and that would be wrong, because there is no foundation for it in reasonable debate. But to suggest that people might be unstable because they think Hollywood is making movies that send them messages, that's not an insult, that's an assessment of a valid situation, as seen in these discussions.

I have explained logical reasons for all the examples you posted, and you still refuse them. You ignore the logic and reason in favor of a the least likely explanation. That's not an insult, it's a fact.

edit on 18-12-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

So where should the "CT's" post their theories??? On another CT's forum??? Don't think ATS wants that? This Forum is setup and dedicated to this type of "Cross-talk"
Go to facebook and hang if you want "Just the facts" ...lol

edit on 18-12-2012 by DjembeJedi because: spelling

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join