A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

i agree with your sentiment that one should do more then chase whims, and even that too many members are self-inflated folk preaching to the choir... but i do not think every member of ATS falls into that category. there are enough members of this site with integrity to make it worth my while, otherwise, why am i wasting my time? i can preach to the choir in my own temple!

ETA: stick around for a few years as well, before you summarily sum up ALL the users of ATS.
edit on 17-12-2012 by mythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
i think the OP is underestimating the ATS community and our ability to sort through the trash to find our treasures.

takes us to maddening places. sometimes this takes us to ridiculous places. but every so often, we find a pearl. we unearth a truth... a strange truth, perhaps... but a truth, non-the-less.

And THIS is nearly exactly what I told him in another thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

*gives you a standing ovation*

When I first started here, I was afraid to post because if you made a statement, doesn't matter what side you were on, you better back it up. They were far few threads, but hey were much more informative, factual, and intelligently debated by knowledgeable people.

those days are long gone. Now it is a string of crap. Conspiracy spam.

The premise was that if you ever want to be able to convince the public of your stance, then you better get it through the vetting process here first.

So know, this is a conspiracy board, crap, DOES NOT STAND.

If you are not willing to back your statement up, then you get off the board.
edit on 17-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

it is past my bedtime, so i cannot drop into a Lost dialogue... though i'll hunt you down in the future, and we can continue.

though your point is quite valid- i will say that if Jack had believed in Locke much sooner, he could have spared many a great deal of suffering, and perhaps even Locke's life.

i will let you make the metaphor.

(i was always a Desmond fan, myself... and his time/space buddy Faraday.)

see ya' in another life, brutha'

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by TravisBickle451

i agree with your sentiment that one should do more then chase whims, and even that too many members are self-inflated folk preaching to the choir... but i do not think every member of ATS falls into that category. there are enough members of this site with integrity to make it worth my while, otherwise, why am i wasting my time? i can preach to the choir in my own temple!

ETA: stick around for a few years as well, before you summarily sum up ALL the users of ATS.
edit on 17-12-2012 by mythos because: (no reason given)

I'm happy to know you at least felt where I was coming from, but I should let you (and whoever comes across this post) know that a member's "registered" date does not always equal how long they've been around the actual forum.

That date really means nothing and should be disregarded. I'd suggest it should be eliminated from immediate view since people often use it as ammo in arguments, usually to the effect that a new member knows less overall than an older one even if that detail has no weight within an argument.

Not saying you did this, but just something that happens more often than it should.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How dare you come on ATS during a national tragedy and spout logic and reason?
Who do you think you are, anyway ?

Thank you for saying what you said.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.........

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
would you give it up already, is there a damn spot on this site you havent spewed this crap about,

ITS A CONSPIRACY SITE

GET OVER IT, OR GTFO OF IT

P.S i just heard santa gave the shooter the guns, and the elves are covering it up.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
would you give it up already, is there a damn spot on this site you havent spewed this crap about,

ITS A CONSPIRACY SITE

And there is the typical conspiracy theorist. What a shame.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

ITS A CONSPIRACY SITE

P.S i just heard santa gave the shooter the guns, and the elves are covering it up.

It's as much that as it is a discussion board. For a place that emphasizes openness to ideas, free speech, and the like, you should be happy there are people here that at least challenge you to think half-reasonably and at least keep one foot on the ground.

Not everyone is here for the crazy ideas that get out of hand or the "doom pr0n", some want to get some extra insight and maybe help some folks snap back to some sense of reality.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
the op is right by the way, you can see the fall in standards in other things

it used to be if you posted a single sentence, or posted something that was a bit pointless, you'd get warnings and bans from ats. I remember standards on ats were the highest of any forum i've ever been a member of. It's the complete opposite now as the forum is over run by teenagers and people who aren't well, mentally.

I get that ATS need to make a profit. What I don't understand is why we can't implement a premium membership section. Call it $10 a month, ATS would even make tons more money. Sure it'd be less active, but the quality would be much hire as only more serious and mature individuals would, generally, sign up. You'd weed out a lot of the kids.

Just an idea that won't ever happen, but I think it would be cool. Because right now the standards of ATS aren't that far removed from "derp i saw jesus is in my toast" type sillyness

and too much protection is given to people who don't have any capacity for reason. there seems to be this prevailing notion that everyone is entitled to an opinion and that opinion should be protected from ridicule.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I come here to ATS to get insight on peoples thoughts and ideas about what it going on in the world today! Do I believe in everything I read here? Absolutly not!!! In my opinion, to be a member of this sight and complain that what you read is garbage and think it should be banned is nothing more than advocating censorship. What is wrong with just sharing your opinion if you do not accept the the theory and just move on! If you like to debate then have a sensible debate and if it goes nowhere for either view, call it what it is and be done with it! After all, isn't this what this sight is supposed to be about? Sharing your idea's with a community That is considered whacky to most people and may be considered far fetched! If you don't agree with someones views, state your reason as to why, dismiss it and move on, that simple!!! Just because you don't accept it, doesn't neccessarily mean that there might not nean there is any truth to it!!! As for the Batman link, I don't know, but I would rather someone bring something like this to light and turn our attention to it, than to never be seen!!! Maybe I will eventually dismiss it as a straw grasped out of the air, maybe I won't! Time will tell, but at least someone brought it to my attention and gave me that option!!! I am capable of using rational thought and coming to my own conclusion and so are alot of people on ATS! If you dont want to listen to something someone has an opinion on, simply skip it and move to the ones that you think are inportant, because what is important to them maybe different from what you think!!! Just my two cents!!! peace!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by machinist47

Its one thing if presented as just what it is, a weird coincidence. But until someone finds proof that someone high up on the Batman set has some connection to all this, then it is over the top nonsense. And back in the day, a thread like that would have never been accepted as typical great ats content.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

yah what a shame, being put down by a whiner.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I understand what you are trying to say, but that is your opinion and nothing more! their opinion differs from yours, does that mean that only your opinion is the right one? People are going to believe what they believe regardless of what is said!!! Take God for instance, I mearily don't care what your belief is and I am not going to debate it with you, but you know what your beleif is, and it is irrelevent as far as this example other than weather or not your going to let someone convince you otherwise!!! It is the same thing as far as people's opinion on other issues! It is fine to state why you believe what you do, but at some point even debate becomes moot! The only thing that bothers me, is the advocation of censorship!!! If you can debunk it, debunk it for the rest to see and call it good! some will accept that it was debunked, some won't again it is a matter of opinion weather that criteria was met! Also there will come a point that I will consider this debate useless and move on! Weather you accept my opinion, and I do respect yours, is just that!!! Opinions!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

No. I'm not stating opinion.it is a fact that there hasn't been a single fact that points to conspiracy. Just a name on a map in a Batman movie
edit on 18-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You are not stating fact, You are stating your opinion There is always the chance that there may be something more that hasn't come to light yet! Like all investigations, there are things that start out as a mere coincidence, but combined with other relevent coincidences, become what is called circumstancial evidence!!! One fact for sure, is people have been convicted and sentenced to death on circumstancial evidence!!! Again, a juries verdict is from formed opinions based on what is presented!!! In my opinion, it is still too early to tell and the jury is out! Time will tell!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
To have to post about ending insanity in ATS is an insane request.

Your too late by about 5 years.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

Stop reading them if you don't like CT...I am not saying this to be rude but I ignore rediculous post daily, it is simple just don't click and don't get sucked in. No reason to kill others mental excercise.
edit on 17-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Mental exercises usually involve something constructive, flexing logic in the way that might help your reasoning skills. Simply lumping a bunch of unconnected points to fit into a preconceived notion is not a mental exercise, it's lunacy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

The only thing that bothers me, is the advocation of censorship!!! If you can debunk it, debunk it for the rest to see and call it good! some will accept that it was debunked, some won't again it is a matter of opinion weather that criteria was met!

It's hard to debunk something that has no reasonable or rational foundation to begin with. So there was the name of the city on a map in Batman? Okay, that came before the incident.

Hypothetically, even if we presumed it's connected in some way, there is the belief that the makers of Batman planted it in movie to foreshadow a real life event, to let a bunch of CTers on message boards know a few years later that they knew... OR, maybe the deluded kid was a Batman fan, saw the original shooting at the theatre, then saw the map and thought it fit nicely together to carry out the attack there.

Or wait, maybe it's just a coincidence...

-_-

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I understand what you are trying to say, but that is your opinion and nothing more! their opinion differs from yours, does that mean that only your opinion is the right one? People are going to believe what they believe regardless of what is said!!!

There are opinions based on facts and opinions based on beliefs. The latter leaves you quite vulnerable and open to manipulation. The former not only keeps you from being foolish, but also protects you from people who would try to exploit you.

Up to you which opinions matter I guess.

Personally, I've always found it odd that "truth seekers" would be satisfied with the latter.
edit on 18-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join