A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Very true concerning the Lone Gunmen.

I just find the Dark Knight theories to be flimsy at best.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Why don't you stop cluttering the boards with your whining?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by coyotepoet

Very true concerning the Lone Gunmen.

I just find the Dark Knight theories to be flimsy at best.

Didnt the Lone gunmen have an episode where there was a plane attack on the WTC? So by the nature of thinking of those on ATS, the creators of The Lonegunmen planned 9/1

link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Please list all of these "coincidences" and I'll bet you I can debunk them all with some common sense and maybe half an hour of research for each, just as I did with the Sandy Hook reference.

Too many to list. How about the chain of symbolic coincidences regarding these recent shootings for a start that I listed in my post above. How about Sandy Hook as people are still rebuilding from Sandy. Or the coincidence of the 9yr old girl in Tuscon that happened to be born on 9/11/01 or equally that Loughner was born on 9/10/88, exactly 13 years and one day from 9/11/01. This kind of thing is always "coincidentally" present at these kinds of things.

link   
reply to post by purplemer

Right, so it couldn't have been some conspiracy theorist who put that message in Ducktails, right? Why would someone advertise like that? I thought this was supposed to be a secret organization and yet you think they advertise in Disney movies? So which is it, are they a secret organization hidden from public view, or are they advertising in kids cartoons to gain attentio? Do you not understand how stupid this is?

Lisa holding up the image of NY, with $9, you do know that the twin towers were an iconic landmark of NY right? Almost everything printed about NY in the 80's and 90's had the twin towrs on it, but now wherever that happened conspiracy theorists are claiming it was a "sign". It wasn't a sign, it was the landmark of a city being used to depict the damn city!

Then we have a grainy image of two large buildings, with something in the sky near them, and we're expected to believe this is evidence of something? What if it were a picture of the towers with a flock of birds flying towards it taken by a tourist on a sunny afternoon, would you scream that the birds MUST represent planes and that the tourists knew and planned everything!?

Neo's passport, has a date in it. Wow, no one had ever written that date before on anything at all, right? Imagine all those people out there with birthdays on Sept 11th, I wonder if they know they are all involved and are agents of the Illuminati too?! How about all those companies that included Sept 11th on their printed calendar's, they must be in on it because they used a date in something!

Jeez, it's like the date is supposed to have never existed before the attack

There you go, I have now debunked all the BS in one go, tell your therapist to thank me by making a donation to a mental health organization.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Please list all of these "coincidences" and I'll bet you I can debunk them all with some common sense and maybe half an hour of research for each, just as I did with the Sandy Hook reference.

Too many to list. How about the chain of symbolic coincidences regarding these recent shootings for a start that I listed in my post above. How about Sandy Hook as people are still rebuilding from Sandy. Or the coincidence of the 9yr old girl in Tuscon that happened to be born on 9/11/01 or equally that Loughner was born on 9/10/88, exactly 13 years and one day from 9/11/01. This kind of thing is always "coincidentally" present at these kinds of things.

None of that made any sense, seriously. I'm a logical person, and there is nothing there for me to even debunk. 13 years and 1 day? What is that supposed to indicate? Why is it any more or less meaningfull than 13 years and ten days?

Completely irrational!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That would be how the current ATS logic would work. There used to be plenty of healthy, intelligent debate on this site. Now it seems that if you don't automatically agree with someone you are inequivocally wrong. I miss the old days, but then it seems, you and I came aboard at the end of ATS's Golden Age.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Why do conspiracy nuts always count the eleventh day of September as 2? 9 + 11 is 20, not 13.
edit on 17-12-2012 by GrandStrategy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I certainly agree that the membership after 2010 or so has a much different mentality than ATS had around 06-08. I was actually a member in 06 but forgot my password and changed my email. lol.

But the differences have seemed to of gotten worse with those who have registered in 2012. Not everyone for sure, but a lot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Keep posting OP! Your point is well taken and a faint but accurate response to the absolute fruit loopiness. Some keep screaming "don't come to this site if you expect us to hold with mainstream / "official" / PTB explanations !"

OK, but should there no limit? Should people not at least mention when the hypothesis is soooooooo wild that it defies any sort of human experience or logic? By reading your list of reasons in this case, it is obvious to anyone that questioning some of them at least makes sense.

(Of course - you do have "apple" in your handle! And we all know what color "apples" are ! Ah-ha! Proof!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sokpuppet

for the record my username is a mashup of letters in my first and last name

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sokpuppet

Keep posting OP! Your point is well taken and a faint but accurate response to the absolute fruit loopiness. Some keep screaming "don't come to this site if you expect us to hold with mainstream / "official" / PTB explanations !"

OK, but should there no limit? Should people not at least mention when the hypothesis is soooooooo wild that it defies any sort of human experience or logic? By reading your list of reasons in this case, it is obvious to anyone that questioning some of them at least makes sense.

(Of course - you do have "apple" in your handle! And we all know what color "apples" are ! Ah-ha! Proof!

I like that final line

This really has become like a witch-hunt hasn't it? It's as though all those characters in old movies screaming "Burn her! She's a witch!" have all arrived and now use the same logic in these theories.

People back then would see signs in all kinds of things, because they couldn't accept nature, probability, likelihood and coincidence. Everything was a sign of evil. If the crops failed, "Burn the witch!", if a kid got sick "Burn the witch!"

And if the witch didn't burn, "It's proof that she's in league with the DEVIL! Drown the witch!!!"

These people are just like that, they refuse reasoning and logic, and they just scream the same irrational BS.
edit on 17-12-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Of course, in this case, the witch is the government, and the Devil is the NWO. Just thought I'd make that clear for all the witch burners who will not understand my point.
edit on 17-12-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

There are a few members from this year that I consider absolutely spectacular. The landscape here has changed....and if you'll recall many of the theories were much more off the wall and varied, but at least they could be discussed without devolving into immature poo flinging fests.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
And I know ATS likes all the new influx of members. Its good for business. But make no mistake, when the dust settles after 2012. They will have lost a lot of quality posters and will be left with the class of 2012. Most of which will disappear after nothing happens on December 21.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. Is that what you call debunking a post. My granny past away 15 years ago. She could still do a better job of debunking.. The personal insult at the end referring to me as a mentalist is nothing more than a personal insult. Normally this occurs when someone has a disability to argue in a the context of a debate. More to the point however..

Really I would be out of remit of the thread answering your first question in the thread. I posted them to highlight something. It is there and the least you should do is ask yourself why if you are interested and do some research. Opinion without knowledge is less than cheap.

Every time a tragic event happens we get threads on ATS. That is the nature of ATS and every time we get these threads. Someone takes umbridge with the fact and makes a sanctimonious thread about the fact there is no conspiracy here. If you do not like it. Do not read it. Do not make another thread complaining about it. Go and get your news from MSM. It really does not matter. Make your own choices in life. Dont make the wrong choices then whine about it.

What happened was tragic. But why are people so upset about it. Because the media told them to be. Where is the coverage of all the kids that have been killed by drones in the last year...

This in my eyes is a politically motivated event,. You may agree when tighter gun legislation comes to the US

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

For someone telling people what to do and not to do, you arent really following your own advice. I have NEVER once told someone to ' you dont like it, leave'. However you dont like this thread, why come here then? Its your own advice

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
And I know ATS likes all the new influx of members. Its good for business. But make no mistake, when the dust settles after 2012. They will have lost a lot of quality posters and will be left with the class of 2012. Most of which will disappear after nothing happens on December 21.

So you want to turn your thread about the Newtonian theories into a general off topic whine about ATS in general and the fact is has an influx of new members. I am sure many of the new members will have topics more interesting than your rant about the Newtonian shootings..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories ...

-george bush

"is that you george/cass? is this me?"

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

For someone telling people what to do and not to do, you arent really following your own advice. I have NEVER once told someone to ' you dont like it, leave'. However you dont like this thread, why come here then? Its your own advice

Heck I am happy here. I posted my two pence. I have nothing against the thread. I have something against your opinion. Note the difference please and I am here on ATS to debate.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

So you want to turn your thread about the Newtonian theories into a general off topic whine about ATS in general and the fact is has an influx of new members. I am sure many of the new members will have topics more interesting than your rant about the Newtonian shootings..

Then again, go there. Follow your own advice. This thread is about Newtown and the ridiculous theories behind it. Fyi, I finally got the op of one of those threads to admit he had no evidence whatsoever. Not even a theory, just a hunch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join