It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hear me out fellow ats'ers. And that means you to CT'ers. Things have gotten out of hand. Countless threads have bombarded the main forum regarding some kind of conspiracy about the shooting. From people claiming to have cracker secret codes, to a blip on a map that appeared for 3 seconds in a 2 1/2 hour movie.

I understand that this act of violence was seemingly unthinkable to most. And we desperately want to make sense out of the chaos. I'm not sure why some of you insist there MUST be a conspiracy. But here;s a test for you to see if you really believe it, or if you may need to admit to yourself you are grasping at straws. Would you tell one of the victim's family members this whole conspiracy ideas? Do you really feel you have some sort of smoking gun? I have news for you. Each one of the conspiracy theories on this shooting differs a little. And why? Because none of you know. Some of you claim to have a smoking gun, some think it requires further research. To those calling for more research, great. Do that. Please let us know your findings. But there is no way on EARTH any of you have done all the proper research to actually make a conclusion. I guarantee you , each and every one of you, that you do not know all the facts. That the police have kept details to themselves.

So until you have allllllll the evidence, give it a rest. I personally believe this is what it seems. I loner went nuts, had mental health issues, and far to easy access to guns. He killed his mom and barged into a school and killed 26 people.

And I'm sorry to say this, but I do not need to be told by members who have been here for a few months that this ' is a conspiracy site and you need to leave because you don't believe its a conspiracy' .

That phrase, or some form of it, has been abused so many times in the last few days. This site was here to vet conspiracies. We don't need 45 threads withe the same premise. Ive been on this site for almost five years. I know exactly what ATS is. It is considered a cop out in my opinion to hide behind the ' its a conspiracy website, if you disagree get out'. This sentiment WAS HARDLY EVER used by ct'ers in the past. Because CT'ers actually were able to debate their threads with skeptics. They knew the skeptics were here to vet and search for the truth just as much as the CT'ers were. However that sentiment has changed . Now it is if you don't like my theory get out, because I don't have to defend it.

No, you do. That's what ATS is. If you have a theory, and you believe in it enough, then defend it. Prove it. If you cant do both, then you are just putting out theories you haven't researched and are just posting hunches. Which is fine, but don't get mad when you are called out for doing so.

So to sum up what Ive seen...

Sandy Hook on a map- Coincidence. This theory implies that Christopher Nolan somehow had knowledge two years in advance of the Newtown shooting. You really believe that?

A code cracked connecting The Dark Knight, the shootings, and Apple? Yet no evidence as to how this code was cracked, what it means, what it shows for the future, just that there were names that connected everything. One member even put forward that Spongebob Squarepants in letter equaled 9/11.

MK-Ultra. Lanza was somehow the victim of mind control by the CIA. While I believe in MK Ultra and fully believe it existed in the CIA. There is not one shred of proof that Lanza had any contact with anyone even closely related to the CIA. Again, no proof. At least Ted Kaszinsky had some kind of tie to the CIA tests. Here, nothing. Just throw out Lanza's name with MK Ultra in the same sentence and there you go, a thread on ATS.

Sandy Hook was a blood ritual with ley lines having something to do with it. In this thread the notion of the author of the Hunger Games is somehow involved because she lives there.

And then there was the second gunman. So it is more likely that Lanza had a second gunman helping him (his brother?) OR there were reports that were just wrong as events unfolded like every other time with the media. Just because the media screws up details as they evolve does not mean there is a conspiracy. I would actually think there was credibility to a conspiracy if the media got everything exactly right.

Please CT'ers. Stop using the 'its a conspiracy board, get out of here if you don't believe'. There was a time where that line of thinking was never tolerated on here. Instead of deflecting, start defending. When you make a thread, be able to defend your claims with evidence. If you cant, don't make a thread. Wait until you have something viable.

Otherwise, this site will devolve to the obscurities of the internet. ATS is losing good members by the day. Most because they couldn't take the constant crap thrown against the wall. Because that's what 25 something threads on this topic is. Throwing crap against the wall and hoping something will stick.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And let me add, I am not saying NEVER post a conspiracy theory on this board , even about Newtown. But can we come up with something better than a map in a movie made two years before?

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Stop reading them if you don't like CT...I am not saying this to be rude but I ignore rediculous post daily, it is simple just don't click and don't get sucked in. No reason to kill others mental excercise.
edit on 17-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

Stop reading them if you don't like CT...I am not saying this to be rude but I ignore rediculous post daily, it is simple just don't click and don't get sucked in. No reason to kill others mental excercise.
edit on 17-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Eh, its hard when it almost every thread. I understand it will die down, but this is a tend that is becoming alarming. It could be applied to a lot of topics

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sandy Hook on a map- Coincidence.

Question...how many times can something happen and still remain a coincidence?
No, I really want to know.
I am one that posts about number patterns in regards to these kinds of things.
The same number sets are always there.
No, it's just a coincidence...you can make the numbers do what you want.
But the fact remains, they are there over and over and over again.
So is the symbolism Dark Knight in Aurora, the Wisconson Sikh shooter living on Holmes Ave, Sandy Hook right after Sandy in Newtown as another shooting happened in Newport. The two fathers testifying before LIBOR (haven't confirmed that one for myself) at the very least the 2 fathers being high up in banking.
How many times can something happen and still be a coincidence? Because the numbers are always there and the symbolism is always there, the little "signs" in movies, tv, etc are always there (my favorite-The Lone Gunmen episode where they were going to remote control a plane into the WTC 6 mos before it happened in real life.) Nah, just coincidence.
So how many conicidences does it take? I really want to know.

edit on 17-12-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I knew you were going to make this thread.
Why don't you write up a petition and send it to the White House?

Dear Obama,

We the undersigned hereby demand that threads posted on the web site Above Top Secret.com, that dare to go to areas that WE the Undersigned feel make us uncomfortable, for whatever our personal reasons are, to be "not allowed" and all past threads made (that we deem are just too top secret to be top secret are whatever) are erased, etc.

Thank you in advance for your swift action on this matter.

It is a really big deal to me (you should read my posts) that people on conspiracy websites (while there still is an internet
) all "stay in line" with the "official" stories.

It really bums us out when people don't go along with "what has been decided" and what we have been told is true.

Anyways, Thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This is what I find it ridiculous.

In this very place, people were moaning about the "mainstream media" getting facts wrong and having to update their story constantly as news of the shooting was coming out. Some people called out that it was a "sign of the media trying to get their own 'deceptive' story straight."

Now, with superficial facts coming out (I say this since law enforcement hasn't/won't let everything out), this very place is more than happy to comply and give in to the theories/"facts" that you pointed out are being spread.

So, how is it that it's okay for faint connections to be deemed solid evidence of events while it's not okay for the media to be wrong when the story was developing?

Who's deceiving who?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Then realize what you are implying. Somehow the makers of the Dark knight are involved in the deaths of 26 innocent children and teachers. Would you be willing to state these claims to said film makers? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Yeah we all need to jus chill
And wait for the official story to be told to us
So then we will really know
And anyone else that thinks otherwise would be probably be a crazy

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't disagree that is for sure, I just think everyone is entitled to a voice even if it offends some. Like I said just stear clear of things you know are going to irritate you. I participate in them just for the mental excercise and try not to get to caught-up or defensive.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Definitely agree with the OP. It really cheapens the site to have so many people, who are so gullible and so impressionable that they cling to these ridiculous conspiracy theories. . In fact anyone who believes this crap probably isn't of sane enough mind to own guns themselves, which is what is coming in the future. Psychological exams in most states in order to own a gun and surprise checks to ensure they are being stored safely. people may have the right to own guns, but people also have the right to make sure the gun owners are not a danger to society.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown

At least its something viable. I find it incredible that some people with just a google search know more than the investigators of the story. They know more than the members with actual family members involved in the shootings.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

At least its something viable. I find it incredible that some people with just a google search know more than the investigators of the story. They know more than the members with actual family members involved in the shootings.

I was being sarcastic

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well said and I wholeheartedly agree. It really has gotten out of hand, and even people who I normally find to be rather logical have thrown logic aside to hop on these bandwagons. I'm honestly surprised no admin. has tried to reign it in to some extent, or at least closely monitor threads relating to the Connect. shooting.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic

I know I was just expounding from the point.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And let me add, I am not saying NEVER post a conspiracy theory on this board , even about Newtown. But can we come up with something better than a map in a movie made two years before?

Couldn't agree more!

A conspiracy theory is something based in logic, evidence and genuine concern, this map BS has been debunked over and over again. The evidence is everywhere, these idiots on ATS are just delusional to accept it.

It took me less than half an hour to find out that Batman was created by two New Yorkers, Gotham City was created from New York, and Sandy Hook is in New Jersey.

I found that quickly, but all these idiots are completely ignoring it and choosing their delusion instead. This is insanity, and it makes ATS look like a retarded place full of people who should be in padded rooms.

People need to grow some intelligence and work out the difference between fact and fiction.

And, ATS needs to start promoting mental health services on these forums. I am not kidding.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And god forbid someone calls this out. Lets move it to a forum that has no traffic, so it can be buried. LOL. I expected it. Keep the umpteen theories that ll say the same thing, dont merge those. Keep the threads that are just theories based on hunches, dont move them to the gray area. Sure.

But move one thread asking for some sanity because that doesnt drive internet traffic. Expected and obvious.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Subliminal messaging is put in films that is a fact. You do not think the Pentagon has any connection with Hollywood. Do some research.

Ask about illuminati.,,, Disney. Ducktails.

Simpsons...911

Watchers...911 scroll to right...

Matrix - Neos passport 911

I understand that you feel upset about what has happened. I would hope that everyone on ATS is. But this is a conspiracy website. People have the right to question the official line of events here. That is what ATS is about. You do not know if the MSM is telling the truth. So maybe we should turn it around. Until you have evidence that they are telling the truth maybe you should give it a rest...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Sandy Hook on a map- Coincidence.

Question...how many times can something happen and still remain a coincidence?

Question, how many times has a murder scene appeared in a movie before the crime?

Really, I want to know.

What you are calling more than a coincidence is not a common event, you're suggesting that it is to suit your own argument.

Please list all of these "coincidences" and I'll bet you I can debunk them all with some common sense and maybe half an hour of research for each, just as I did with the Sandy Hook reference.

But, I know that even if I did debunk them all with common sense and evidence, you'll still be screaming about it and probably calling me a dis-info agent or government shill.

The debate here is that too many members of this forum are becoming increasingly irrational, they refuse the facts, refuse evidence, refuse reality, and instead bang on and on about some mass delusion where a secret cabal of ancient club members wanted their great, great, great grand kids to own the world and force everyone else into slavery...

It's forcing all the genuine theorists out of these forums.

The motto here is "Deny Ignorance", but you all embrace ignorance with every piece of evidence and reality you disregard because it doesn't suit the delusion Alex Jones insists you believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Then realize what you are implying. Somehow the makers of the Dark knight are involved in the deaths of 26 innocent children and teachers. Would you be willing to state these claims to said film makers? I doubt it.

Not at all. I read an interview a number of years back with one of the actors from The Lone Gunmen, X-Files spin off. He stated that from time to time, black suits would come in and suggest ideas or elements for shows. The creators of the film need not be into the finer details when asked to highlight this or that. Same kind of thing. Compartmentalization, it's how the intelligence agencies operate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join