It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do I see replies to post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
How do I see replies , if any to a persons post. I have seen some really stupid post on some enormous threads. How do I see if anyone posted a reply to a post that isn't mine?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Would be nice to have a hierarchy tree view, but there isn't one. You'll have to trek through the thread to find if any replies were made.

Edit: Actually you might be able to use the url in "this post" to search the site for that exact url. Worth a shot.

You see the link on each post that reads "this post"? That's what I'm referring to. Copy that link and search google for it.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Go to your U2U's and click on "Replies", this will show replies to posts you made in any thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Go to your U2U's and click on "Replies", this will show replies to posts you made in any thread.

Thanks but that's not what my post asked for. I asked that question last week.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

How do I see if anyone posted a reply to a post that isn't mine?

Meaning, say you wanted to see posts that I replied to in a given thread for example?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

He means like youtube. He wants to see all comments or replies made to any given post.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Make them your friend,then track their posts.
There is a "ribbon" at the bottom of your page that will show "My friends posts".

No,sorry I got that wrong,that is my friends threads,not posts.
You could just click on their profile.
edit on 17-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Oh, so like a running one page thread as opposed to pages w/ 19 posts each? I don't believe that's an option, at least one that I am not aware of.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
He wants to see all replies to posts that are not his posts. Kind of like this.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Ahh, I see now, kind of like going to the Replies section of the U2U as mentioned, but for someone else that makes a post. So unless one thumbed through all the pages of a thread, one would not know who all replied to a specific post within that thread. I don't know of a feature that allows for that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Could cheat and copy the "this post" url link of any given post and search google for it. It should, in theory, return results from any post that has replied to the post because post by Username is automatically filled in on replies.

edit: Nevermind I tried it and that doesn't even work. I guess there is no solution.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
ATS isn't set up that way. Currently there is no way to see all posts that are replied to a given post.

There are things you can do if it is that important to you. Use the crtl-f function and type the username in and just go page by page, if there is a mention of the username on the page, you'll find it that way. It can be tedious if it is a really large thread but it's the only way I can think of to search replies to a particular post that isn't your own. I use it sometimes to find things in threads. Someone else may come along and give ya a better way to search for those type of posts.

Other than that, it isn't a function that ATS has, sorry.

top topics

join