It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 US Men busted at Canadian Border (smuggling CANDY)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
www.komonews.com...

Hows that for apples....? This is the hieght of ridiculousness and a waste of the precious resources we have watching the borders.....
Stupid is that stupid does.............
Where do they get these brain dead cops from all the time?
I am thinking these freaks actually enjoy their little power trips far too much......
edit on 17-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Meanwhile down on the Mexican Border, oh wait, what border!

2.5 hours x (salary per hour) x Number of Agents = Morons in charge of the Nut House.

P

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Now that's funny

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This incident by a few individuals should not represent an entity as a whole.

Way to gather all of the bad and disregard the good.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Me and my friends actually had an unfortunate incident with Canadian border patrol before...in which we had our streaming equipment confiscated which included laptops and high quality cameras and such. Set me back thousands of dollars...sigh.

Vs.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Versus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The irony for me is that the eggs are banned from the US for having something inside with non nutritive value. reminds me of fast food in general...Funny stuff

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451
This incident by a few individuals should not represent an entity as a whole.

Way to gather all of the bad and disregard the good.

ok you list the good...........

THE NON NUTRITIVE INREDIENT IS THE TOY INSIDE THE EDIBLE SHELL...........

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Something like this happened to me once over two chocolate bars that may have been knockoffs. I unwrapped them, ate them, gave the lady the wrappers and smiled. She cracked up laughing and waved me through. Aussies are a little laid back.

P

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So you want your border guards to be allowed to pick and choose which laws they get to enforce??

Why do you think that would be a good thing?

By all means lambast whoever passed what appears to be a daft law, and rail againsdt eth (probable) lobby group that wanted it.

but if you want your enforcement officers (border, law, or anywhere else) to be allowed to pick and choose what they will or will not enforce then you are asking for even more trouble.

by far the most useful characteristic of any enforcement agency is the ability (and willingness!) to act without fear or favour.

Edit to add: wiki link discussing the banning of KS in USA
edit on 17-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is what I have been saying all along... We need to legalize it. Legalize it, man.

People doing time over a damn Chocolate bar, non violent Sugar Addicts being treated as criminals and locked away with murderers. Families ripped apart- Over what? Some Chocolate.

Enough is enough. I suggest we petition the White House and End the WAR ON CANDY. The war is lost man...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

No, but you use a little common sense, don't waste hours, get the owner of the eggs to either give up the eggs or eat them. Then allow the little toys through.

A little CDF is in order not this Gestapo over the top BS. Jeez

P

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
YES A LITTLE MORE HUMANE AND INTELLIGENT ENFORCEMENT WOULD BE IN ORDER AT THE BORDER......

The wholesale lumping of everyone into the possible terrorist suspect type reaction has got to stop.
To be honest, the whole border security issue is a charade of sorts.....
When the bombers that have gotten through, like the shoe and underpants bomber...it turns out they were helped aboard the plane at an airport with an Israeli security company running things....
or some such tale...
terrorism is fast loosing its believability, and the draconian attitudes of the ptb are incresingly obvious as power ploys....
The stupid laws like this type of trade barriers, need to be administered somewhat more gently by those who have more important things to actually do than harrass some unwitting Kinder egg smuggler for hours......
"these are illegal here in USA...eat em or throw em in that garbage can...dont bring any more next visit ,drive on....."
lifes too complicated...this stuff needs to be simplified....there is no reason for such hostilities yet many instances of unitelligent merely robotic hostility along with the enforcement, and also attempts to escalate further charges...
The hook here is the thing boils down to a taxation grab in the form of fines.....
Seize yer vehicle....possibly....
Even keep it....
jail you and call protesting the arrest" resisting."
the situation may start innocntly, but can quickly spiral into a felony or two without much trouble...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I can sleep better at night knowing my children will not be exposed to this horror ....

(sarcasm)

I would think we have MUCH bigger issues to worry about than someone wanting to bring a few chocolate eggs back to the states.

new topics

top topics

join