It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the quietest rant you will ever hear...listen closely....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
killing of all kind sucks. it is only condoned for 2 reasons, to protect yourself or to protect others from imminent danger. killing for sport is ridiculous, killing out of anger is ridiculous, killing out of rejection is ridiculous, there is no crime of passion that is acceptable in the form of killing, killing in the name of religion is ridiculous, killing in the name of gold, oil or diamonds is ridiculous, killing killing killing period sucks.

Catching food for hunger is acceptable, that is for survival and completely different, killing for sport sucks.
edit on 12/17/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

Recently I made a thread that deserved to be removed, I screamed at the top of my lungs and I found it offensive that I even wrote it, the moderator who removed it is very sweet and I know it was not something she wanted to do...this was my response to her and I wanted to share it...

No stressful is having loved ones killed. This is not real, most of these people don't have a clue, and the fact is I expected it to be removed. I made the thread to emphasize how ridiculous killing of any kind is, unless it is self defense or to protect others from imminent danger. I wanted to demonstrate that people were more interested in threads about killing and guns and gun control than they were about the victims. You saw my thread about the victims...and you see the threads about gun control, compare the 2 it is obvious where peoples heads are. I could care less about stars and flags but it is a barometer for what people find important. It is shameful, and completely against my very soul that they make this issue about guns. It is about people and choices.

edit on 12/17/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Killing for food is not a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Agreed..

killing of all kind sucks. it is only condoned for 2 reasons, to protect yourself or to protect others from imminent danger.

I think even if I was in a situation were I needed to take the life of another to protect myself, I would still find it difficult... It would have to be a dire and hopefully highly unlikely situation for me to do that... But I would kill to protect the ones I love most..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

No its not a bad thing... Unless you start causing unnecessary harm to the animal you are about to kill. They should be treated with respect and gratitude..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

No its not a bad thing... Unless you start causing unnecessary harm to the animal you are about to kill. They should be treated with respect and gratitude..

I agree, if you kill to eat...end it quickly as possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I said sport. Not hunger or survival.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

Agreed..

killing of all kind sucks. it is only condoned for 2 reasons, to protect yourself or to protect others from imminent danger.

I think even if I was in a situation were I needed to take the life of another to protect myself, I would still find it difficult... It would have to be a dire and hopefully highly unlikely situation for me to do that... But I would kill to protect the ones I love most..

Of course you would...would you go to the aid of a defenseless innocent person or animal that you did not know?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Of course you would...would you go to the aid of a defenceless innocent person or animal that you did not know?

That's a brilliant question.

I know you weren't posing the question at me, but it did make me think: "would I?". The answer is I don't know, but I would hope that under those sorts of circumstances, I would.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You all arent hunters are you? Its NEVER the object to maim your target... a clean kill is the goal. I dont know of ONE person who wants a sloppy kill so they get to follow a blood trail to then have to put yet another shot into the target animal... who's meat is now not as good as it would have been with a clean kill. An animals ( and human for that matter) releases biochemicals.. hormones and etc.. when in duress like adrenaline , lactic acid in the muscle with the overexertion of running after a sloppy shot, and etc. Your goal is a clean kill and minimization of suffering/running.

Seriously.... people have some strange ideas concerning the reality of things on here...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I hate killing, but I'm going to give you a truth that we all run from. Our entire existence, meaning the existence of every creature from the microbial to the giant whales of the sea, of every plant, tree and flower lives in a system of kill and be killed. "Nature" would not survive without it. Humans cannot survive if they don't kill something every day.

Sure, we say it's okay to kill this, but not that; those, but not them. We justify killing this living thing for food, but not that living thing just for the fun of it. But, in the end, all humans kill things.

It's what nature wants.

A tree attempts to grow higher than other trees in order to steal as much of the sun as possible, thereby killing the smaller trees (thereby killing its own kind). Monkeys kill monkeys. Birds kill birds. Humans kill humans.

Again, I don't like it any more than anyone else, but this LIFE!

We don't want to face the fact that there aren't enough people dying. Seven billion alive today, 20 billion tomorrow, a trillion somewhere down the line. Nature doesn't want this many people alive. The environment just won't be able to handle such uncontrolled human expansion. The wars aren't killing enough people. Diseases are losing the battle. And we are the ONLY species on the planet without checks and balances. We were supposed to only live for 25 to 35 years. We beat that, but we will sorely SORELY pay for it in the future.

Life is about killing. It's just the way it is.

Note: Speaking only about the numbers, the 2004 tsunami killed about 300,000 people. This number was replaced by births, not in years, not in months, not in days, but in roughly ten hours. Make of it what you will.
edit on 12/17/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No that is not what life is all about. The cycle of life is not an excuse to kill.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Really that's the goal huh, what's ridiculous is that you have that as a goal, being a hunter for food is one thing but taking such enjoyment from it is ridiculous. I eat meat and fish, I feel this is part of the life cycle, we are carnivorous and require certain vitamins and minerals to have a balanced health as humans, as a soul my heart cries out for any animal being killed, particularly for sport and fun and recreation. Being a hunter is not supposed to be fun, it is for survival period. It's not about enzymes, it's about making the sufferer not suffer as little as possible when they give their life for sustenance, that is the cycle of life.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Lets hope you never have to, but I can say I have and the reward is beyond description. I have saved the lives of others many times, I have saved animals. It is very rewarding. I won't give details only to say there is no greater feeling than seeing the relief or gratitude expressed. It is TRUE LOVE returned 10 fold.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by jiggerj

No that is not what life is all about. The cycle of life is not an excuse to kill.

You're right, it isn't an excuse. It's awful. It's evil. It's what we do.

I've often imagined myself as an alien that survives simply by breathing air. I come down to earth and watch in horror as these earthlings kill and eat, kill and eat. They gather together at tables, laughing and chatting while stuffing their faces with newly dead things. To me, it's more horrifying than a vampire movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yes of course I would.. However again it would have to be an extreme situation for me to kill someone.. I have been to the aid of an animal before many times - it comes with the territory (I have worked with animals for years)..
Its not pretty, but I haven't had to kill someone to protect the animal..

I have also been to the aid of my friend who was attacked and beaten by an older man - I did not kill him.. I just dragged him off her and we both ran out the door..

I'm ok with maiming someone if needs be, but like I said it would have to be an extreme situation for me to kill someone..

If I'm able I will protect anyone that needs it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I have never killed anyone, but I have gone to the defense of others and put my life at risk.

Of course you would...would you go to the aid of a defenseless innocent person or animal that you did not know?

The question never specified killing.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The question never specified killing.

Apologies.. And in answer to your question, yes I would. And I have done it before...

new topics

top topics

join