It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Days of Darkness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There has to be SOME type of connection to the Plagues of Egypt going on here:

“Then the LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness will spread over Egypt—darkness that can be felt." So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days. No one could see anyone else or leave his place for three days. ”

— Exodus 10:21–23

This plague was an attack aimed directly at Pharaoh's god Ra, the Egyptian sun god. By introducing the plague of darkness, Moses attempted to demonstrate the clear power of Yahweh; and the folly of worshipping the Egyptian gods.

Egyptian Plague- Three Days of Complete Darkness

"The sun, the most worshipped God in Egypt other than Pharaoh himself, gave no light. The Lord showed that he had control over the sun as a witness that the God of Israel had ultimate power over life and death. The psychological and religious impact would have had a profound influence on the Egyptians at this point. Darkness was a representation of death, judgment and hopelessness. Darkness was a complete absence of light."

Ten Egyptian Plagues For Ten Egyptian Gods and Goddesses

10 Plagues For 2012

If the exodus from Egypt happened tomorrow, these are what the ten plagues would probably look like.

9. Darkness = Internet Crash

10:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward Google, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

10:22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward the divine Internet; and there was a definite darkness in all the computers and smartphones in all the land of Egypt for three days.

10 Plagues For 2012

edit on 17-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Now obviously this is a few days early, but if i'm not mistaken the bible references 3 days of darkness before the apocalypse,

you are mistaken

which a lot of people think is this friday(12/21/12).

they are mistaken

While like I said it's a few days early, I find it very interesting that the sky has been completely clouded/overcast since about thursday or friday.

That is because it has been raining

In essence I haven't seen the sun since thursday or friday.

Most likely because it has been raining since then.

Today is monday (12/17/12).

That is because yesterday was Sunday, the 16th.

Now I live on the east coast of the Unite States, Philadelphia to be specific. Who else has had overcast weather the last 3 or 4 days?

I am around Houston.
Holy sheets, we've been overcast as well.

This isn't really anything huge but I mean, it kind of makes you wonder if things are starting to happen just as they said it would.
I guess the next few days we'll just have to wait an see.

I don't know about the rest of you but while im skeptical, and don't really think anything is gonna happen, the closer we get to the date, the more antsy I become. There will always be the little "what if" in the back of my head when it comes to this.

No one really knows.
People are either going to gloat and be total "I told ya so" A-holes about it, or we will all have a "Wow, this is really happening" moment.
However, I feel comfortable in my speculation that most of the potentially gloating A-holes still have some degree of "what if?" simmering just below the surface, because the farting-elephant-in-the-room-fact is that no one really knows.

But it always makes A-holes feel better about their douche-bagginess to have something they feel justified about gloating over.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Americans are awesome, gotta love em.

Sorry but its been Hot, Hot, Hot, Sunny and Beautiful in Melbourne for two weeks now. Few showers in between.

You guys and gals do remember other countries right? Or is Bible Phrophecy only written for those inhabiting the USA.

If we might be lucky enough to consider ourselves included I'm sorry to say, No Dice.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Some of you are completely turning this around and taking it out of context. If you have something to add please do, if you're only here to troll, please go elsewhere. Also please read THE ENTIRE POST before posting.
edit on 17-12-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Whassap Murgs....

3 days of darkness may well be in the mix of whatever may or may not take place before the end of the year.
However, the Bible makes no such reference in that regard.

But I know that you already know that.

Just clarifying for those that may not.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Never seen it in the Bible but.....
www.youtube.com...

and... there is a lot about this out there
______beforeitsnews/space/2012/10/john-moore-secret-of-the-black-knight-satellite-2448746.html

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
this is the first i'm hearing of this "black knight satellite" (haven't been on here in a while)

extremely interesting
edit on 17-12-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Some of you are completely turning this around and taking it out of context. If you have something to add please do, if you're only here to troll, please go elsewhere.

Who's the grumpy old troll who lives under the bridge?

We're all adults here. Don't be skeerd to call 'em out.

Unless 'twas me you would be referring to.

Then I would have to say, once again, that you are mistaken.

But that's okay, we all make mistakes.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I have heard these quotes many times regarding the Bible, especially the left out parts.

The Catholic Church especially loves the 3 days of darkness story...and talk about it often.

You could be the one who is mistaken.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by stupid girl

I have heard these quotes many times regarding the Bible, especially the left out parts.

The Catholic Church especially loves the 3 days of darkness story...and talk about it often.

You could be the one who is mistaken.

I think the Catholic church has been receiving this story by "messages from the Virgin", and similar non-Biblical methods.
Nothing in Revelation, say, predicts anything of the kind.

As for "left out parts", that is standard shorthand for "I think it ought to be in the Bible, but it isn't and there's no evidence that it's ever been there, so I'll claim that wicked people have left it out".

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yep, I agree, overcast here in Milwaukee since at least last Wednesday.

I've been studying the 3 Days of Darkness for 10 years. 2013 will be my 11th year.
I don't think the 3 Days of Darkness will happen on the 21st as there are many things that take place before that event, and those haven't happened as yet.

If anything is going to happen, it will be the Garabandal Warning from God. If some of you don't know what this event is, please familiarize yourselves with it just incase it does happen.

In short, this is an event from God. His Mercy. During a span of 15 minutes, everyone on earth, doesn't matter, great or small, whatever race or religion you are, everyone will experience it (whenever it does happen). Everyone will be One with God and will see their sins as God sees them. We will see how they hurt others and how they hurt God Himself. This will be the end of the "Does God exist?" mystery that mankind has wondered from the Beginning.

God sends this event to awaken Man because Man has strayed so far from righteousness, that nothing can awaken Man except direct interference from God. This event will awaken many, but many will still not listen. After the event, there will be no doubt about the existence of God, but earth's scientists will explain what happened according to "science" and sadly many will believe them.

This will be our "ascension."

The event is sent to also prepare us for what is about to happen --Revelation. The size and scope of our punishments will be determined by how positive Man reacts to the Warning.

Shortly before the Warning, there will be a brightness which we have never seen. It'll be like 2 stars collide. Then right after that, the Warning will happen.

It's interesting to note, that Maitreya and all of the "Ascended Masters" talk about Ascension and all. They even talk about The Warning, although they don't call it that. They call it Maitreya's "Day of Declaration", when everyone on earth will hear his (Maitreya's) voice, no matter their race, religion, age, sex, etc. It sounds just like the Warning from God doesn't it? That's because I believe after the Warning, Maitreya, or another Ascended Master, will take credit for the Warning and will become the False Prophet. Then a short war in the Middle East will happen and a great military hero will emerge.

After all that, THEN the 3 Days of Darkness comes because this event is when God cleanses the Earth of all Evil. It's during these 3 days that people have to stay in their houses, pray and not look outside because His work is Holy, and no Man can survive seeing His Holiness.

Also during these 3 days, no electronics will work --nothing will. The only thing that will give off Light is candles blessed by someone holy.

Both events are interesting. If anything was to happen on the 21st, it would be The Warning. Everything is poised for it to happen. The Warning proceeds the event what everyone hear on ATS likes to use --the SHTF scenario.

If anything does happen, God bless you all.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Last couple of days here in London have been sunny with blue skies .. looks we might be saved from this apocolypse.. its what us brits have been trying to tell you for ages.. we are the chosen ones..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We must be really screwed here in Montana,
not only do we have overcast sky's...

but god has dandruff , darn white flakes falling everywhere..
close to 5" so far today, may get a few more by morning...

the bible makes reference to the 3 days of darkness,
but as far as it happening... well, slim chance...
not based on religion, but the sun passing through
the thickest part of the galaxy.
But im not counting on it...

it is interesting to read on though i give ya that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
We must be really screwed here in Montana,
not only do we have overcast sky's...

but god has dandruff , darn white flakes falling everywhere..
close to 5" so far today, may get a few more by morning...

the bible makes reference to the 3 days of darkness,
but as far as it happening... well, slim chance...
not based on religion, but the sun passing through
the thickest part of the galaxy.
But im not counting on it...

it is interesting to read on though i give ya that.

This pretty much encompasses everything i'm trying to say. I don't really think anything will happen but speculation is always interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join