It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Days of Darkness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Now obviously this is a few days early, but if i'm not mistaken the bible references 3 days of darkness before the apocalypse, which a lot of people think is this friday(12/21/12). While like I said it's a few days early, I find it very interesting that the sky has been completely clouded/overcast since about thursday or friday. In essence I haven't seen the sun since thursday or friday. Today is monday (12/17/12).

Now I live on the east coast of the Unite States, Philadelphia to be specific. Who else has had overcast weather the last 3 or 4 days?

This isn't really anything huge but I mean, it kind of makes you wonder if things are starting to happen just as they said it would.

I guess the next few days we'll just have to wait an see.

I don't know about the rest of you but while im skeptical, and don't really think anything is gonna happen, the closer we get to the date, the more antsy I become. There will always be the little "what if" in the back of my head when it comes to this.

Then again, I'm probably just paranoid :/

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I haven't seen the sun either but I consider this time of year for overcast skies to be normal.
It just hailed really hard
I'm west coast of BC Canada
No sun would mean its pitch black out, unless there is moonshine. It's just gloomy looking.

link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

Now I live on the east coast of the Unite States, Philadelphia to be specific. Who else has had overcast weather the last 3 or 4 days?

Wouldnt that be normal weather for Philadelphia at this time of the year?

Looks like you have some upcoming sunny days also.

www.theweathernetwork.com...

Cheers
edit on 17-12-2012 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

link   
Been over cast here in Michigan since Saturday I'd say, just winter, think it's safe to come out
seriously though unless it pitch black out at noon I wouldn't worry.

link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Then again, I'm probably just paranoid

Let's go with that.

I don't think some cloudy days would qualify for 3 days of darkness.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Southern Middle TN here. We had 60 degrees,Sunny and Hail today.. Weird.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If I remember correctly from someone else's thread, the Bible (Jerusalem/Israel) called for 3 days of darkness and the Maya (south america/mexico) called for the sun to not set for 3 days (or 3 days of light).

If both were to happen at the same time, it would mean the earth would stop spinning. Then apparently spin the other direction.

This came from that video someone posted in a thread last week. I'll try to find it.

Edit: Found it. Starts at 41 min 25 seconds.

(These aren't my beliefs, I'm just contributing to the thread)

edit on 17-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

Wouldnt that be normal weather for Philadelphia at this time of the year?

Looks like you have some upcoming sunny days also.

www.theweathernetwork.com...

Cheers
edit on 17-12-2012 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

In the last 5-10 I wouldn't consider anything to be "normal weather" in Philadelphia. Our seasons change every year, for example, we had a 3 day period where it was between 60-70 degrees and sunny about two weeks ago. And it was snowing now less than a week before that. There is literally no consistency in the weather here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

If I remember correctly from someone else's thread, the Bible (Jerusalem/Israel) called for 3 days of darkness and the Maya (south america/mexico) called for the sun to not set for 3 days (or 3 days of light).

If both were to happen at the same time, it would mean the earth would stop spinning. Then apparently spin the other direction.

This came from that video someone posted in a thread last week. I'll try to find it.

Interesting

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Overcast?!? In DECEMBER!?!??

Hard to believe - that has to be a one in a million chance to have winter weather in -gasp! - WINTER!

(Sorry but this whole 12/21/12 conspiracy/prediction/world ending thing has finally hit the magic mark on the crazy as a per coon meter...)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For the record, like I said I don't think anything is really gonna happen. This is really more for the people who are crazier than me to dissect.

Maybe crazier isn't the word i'm looking for, but you get what im saying.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

More like it has been overcast in Michigan for the past 10 years.

It's been pleasantly warm for this time of the year. No snow, though, and I'm still kicking myself for purchasing an all-wheel drive vehicle.

link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

More like it has been overcast in Michigan for the past 10 years.

It's been pleasantly warm for this time of the year. No snow, though, and I'm still kicking myself for purchasing an all-wheel drive vehicle.

Subaru's all day. AWD without paying for the gas of an SUV

link   

but if i'm not mistaken the bible references 3 days of darkness before the apocalypse, which a lot of people think is this friday(12/21/12).

I don't think the Bible does anything of the kind.
I know some people are predicting that, but I don't know where they're getting it from.

Also, incidentally, the expectations for the 21st don't come from the Bible and have nothing to do with Christian apocalypse.
The whole thing is a non-Biblical religion- or rather, a coalition of non-Biblical religions.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If you are interested in this possibility of three days of darkness you need to watch the video in this forum and read my posts

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-12-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If three days of overcast weather is the sign of the apocalypse, surely the end would have already happened here in the Pacific NW. We get about 2 months straight of overcast, every single year. 3 days of clouds in a row is called a normal week here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Were getting cloudy skies when a cold front blows in here. The clouds also lok different due to the atmospheric changes. Nothing unusual here in Texas.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Then again, I'm probably just paranoid

Let's go with that.

I don't think some cloudy days would qualify for 3 days of darkness.

Yeah, i sort of go with that. Do you honestly believe the much talked about and legendary "three days of darkness" would just be overcast weather, c'mon God can do better than that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well it sure was a dark day today (the whole day) in Holland and from the looks of it (weather forecast) no sun for the whole week.

When driving home from work, I too had this wtf; how dark it is!! I had problems seeing the road and thought how badly poor lighted the road is (even while most of the roads over here got light poles!).

That said I'm pretty sure the sun shines in Africa for example.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I am just outside Philly. While you are correct about the overcast skies for the last several days, it has more to do with the fluctuation in temperatures we have been experiencing than "the end of the world." I've been here for 16 of my 28 years and it has always been like this in mid-December.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join