It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilization 5 Game contains NWO ideals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I recently bought a copy of Civilization 5 on sale. I was a big fan of this series in the past so i figured it would be fun. And it is fun, but as i played i started noticing there were some NWO ideals and concepts put into key parts of this game!!!

Example 1: The United Nations Wonder.

The U.N. has always been a "Modern Wonder" in the Civilization franchise. In Civilization 2 you acquired the ability to build the U.N. upon the discovery of Communism. In Civilization 5 however, you have to learn "Globalization" before you can build it.

This is the description of the U.N. in Civ 5: Source

Globalization of course is considered a key aspect of the NWO. But one of the more interesting things about the U.N. in Civ5 is that it is a key part of one of the types of Victory in the game. Effectively upon building the U.N. you can have a vote for "World Leader" and require the votes of a number of other countries or city states. the U.N. gives you an extra vote for yourself.

So you learn globalization and then can get voted as the "World Leader" through the U.N and win the game.

Example 2: The Utopia Project

The Utopia Project is the method for "Cultural Victory" in the game. Once you have ammassed 5 complete branches of Culture you can build the "Utopia Project"

This is the image in the game for the Utopia Project:

It is described in the game as:
The Utopia Project is the name for a somewhat amorphous vision of the future of the world. Depending upon who is doing the envisioning, it may include nuclear disarmament, universal peace, or a one-world government. Its proponents hope that it will stop nations and people from killing each other so often, increase the prosperity of everybody, and allow the world to address some growing global problems like climate change and international terrorism. Its opponents see the Utopia Project as a polite name for American (or now Chinese) hegemony.
source

That description alone screams NWO concepts.

Thought this was interesting. I;m sure there are more things in the game but i haven't been playing it very long.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They did it for the fun. They do not support the new world order. I, as a programmer, occasionally throw in nwo propaganda into my games, but not to recruit people or "engineer" them, but to make them more aware of the symbols in real life.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
They did it for the fun. They do not support the new world order. I, as a programmer, occasionally throw in nwo propaganda into my games, but not to recruit people or "engineer" them, but to make them more aware of the symbols in real life.

I'm not saying they did it because they support it, just that it was "interesting".

Chances are there is someone at that studio who knows enough about it to put it in there. Probably for their own amusement.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yeah but who wins the game that way anyways, so much more fun to just conquer.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
NWO ideals? As the NWO exists only as a facet of peoples imaginations it also has a variety of ideals. De-population, military occupation, alien hive mind, or whatever the theory of the week is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Where is it okay to cross the line from playing a game with depopulation ideas etcetera and hearing about the governments that actually have these ideals and do them either through the news or internet web sites though.

I always liked the game, maybe not so much pt 4 as the rest, but you know.

join