It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Fossils found at more than 5.000 meters AMSL (Above Sea level) in Peru.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Each to their own beliefs i guess but my question would be please provide evidence for a global flood (of Noah proportions). I studied geology for years (like many here at ATS) and have never come across any evidence to support this view.

If it happened, the evidence will be there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by Trueman

Were you there??

It could have risen for a short time.....Could have been a giant tsunami( from asteroid or giant earthquake).

Or maybe some child from the hills buried their vacation treasures and have not been found until now!!

My bet is on a giant flood that stuck around for 4o days

i'll relie on science that has proven continental movement of the various plate crusts....geez people, this has been settled science for a long time now...enough of the mythical religous beliefs already

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by Trueman

Were you there??

It could have risen for a short time.....Could have been a giant tsunami( from asteroid or giant earthquake).

Or maybe some child from the hills buried their vacation treasures and have not been found until now!!

i'll relie on science that has proven continental movement of the various plate crusts....geez people, this has been settled science for a long time now...enough of the mythical religous beliefs already

^^ what this guy said...

fossils are found at these altitudes all over the planet , its what helped us learn about the earths crust movement ...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow! What a nice find! You made my day!
Going fossil hunting Cincinnati, Ohio area soon! Someone found a nice snake and
painted it white, then they put that out by their mailbox in Eastern Ohio.
edit on 18-12-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think was my fault, didn't make my point clear. Also thanks for the additional info.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Wow! What a nice find! You made my day!
Going fossil hunting Cincinnati, Ohio area soon! Someone found a nice snake and
painted it white, then they put that out by their mailbox in Eastern Ohio.
edit on 18-12-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

Ha ha..., it would be great to have a pic of that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by Trueman

Were you there??

^^ what this guy said...

fossils are found at these altitudes all over the planet , its what helped us learn about the earths crust movement ...

I collect fossils at a place called Needle Peak in West Texas. At 4,608" elevation I've found fossilized whale bones and various other marine fossils. The entire area is ancient volcanic rock and Needle Peak is basically a Basalt Spire. The peak's elevation is not the result of uplift, it is a Tertiary intrusion which dates it from 65 million to 2.6 million years ago.

Ocean levels were considerably higher than they are today....

edit on 18-12-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by jjkenobi

Each to their own beliefs i guess but my question would be please provide evidence for a global flood (of Noah proportions). I studied geology for years (like many here at ATS) and have never come across any evidence to support this view.

If it happened, the evidence will be there somewhere.

Even if we have such an evidence, I still don't understand how the animals in couples got inside the arc. And I'm Christian.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You Christians go on believing your fairy-tales about a flood. You'll just be left behind, staggering by yourself, clinging on to your old fairy-tale beliefs while the rest of us try to figure out the real history of the universe.
This whole "a scientific conspiracy"-thing is ridiculous. The first people to find fossils where believers.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

My guess is that they are about 4000 to 5000 years old.

About as old as when the entire earth flooded. This kind of evidence of the Biblical flood is all over the place.

However, this is not in line with modern day science

That's because modern day science is based on things like geology that use hard evidence and lots of facts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join