Dec 21st 2012 "gravity-loss" scenario VS. rotation reversal scenario

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Who needs skydiving when you can and jump over your house.

Over your house. Then the hills over yonder. Then the Rockies. Then the troposphere, getting cold now. Stratosphere...uh oh. Not even wearing Jordans.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Over your house. Then the hills over yonder. Then the Rockies. Then the troposphere, getting cold now. Stratosphere...uh oh. Not even wearing Jordans.

Maybe we should have the shoes of the flying god Mercury, or was it Hermes. Funny that the Red Wing shoes became so popular in the past.

You need to eat a lot of good baked beans before going outside, those turbo farts are critical in a situation like that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
well not really, the ground would stay put, but everything else would move....so you'd probably land on your butt in what was an ocean

only way out of being flung off would be right at the poles, if the earth stopped spinning you would just stay put as there you are just rotating around in a very slow 360 deg rotation.
edit on 17-12-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

tya but in my analogy the "bull" is the "earth" ...

but point well taken.. let's hit the poles!
last one there is a rotten egg

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

aahha this thread is turning out just like i hoped... everyone having a good shot at the amusement factor.. even Phage is crackin a grin for the first time i've seen ever...

classic ATS!
edit on 12/17/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
has anyone taken into account the fact that there is suddenly no gravity, aside from the rotational movement, but the orbital movement around the Sun?

IIRC isn't that something like 60 miles a second (I'd have to look that up). So if you view the planet from the top down, anyone from 12.01 to 5.59 would just about be ok, and still some chance of surviving.

For us between 6.00 and 12.00 the earth would zip away at 60 miles a second or whatever it is! Bad day

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

For us between 6.00 and 12.00 the earth would zip away at 60 miles a second or whatever it is! Bad day

It's about 18 mps but why would we stop? We are in orbit around the Sun just like the planet and everything else on the planet is.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
True.....my bad, its 6am here and still working
Didn't think that one through, was an "amusing" thought if you could call it that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by fuserleer
well not really, the ground would stay put, but everything else would move....so you'd probably land on your butt in what was an ocean

only way out of being flung off would be right at the poles, if the earth stopped spinning you would just stay put as there you are just rotating around in a very slow 360 deg rotation.
edit on 17-12-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

tya but in my analogy the "bull" is the "earth" ...

but point well taken.. let's hit the poles!
last one there is a rotten egg

Don't even start with the poles, They were supposed to end after the election.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
If you consider how fast the Earth is spinning, if it were to begin slowing down it would either take a very long time(long enough to essentially destroy a large portion(if not all) of the ecosystem due to over exposure to heat/cold sun/no sun) or it would happen so fast we would all be thrown very hard simultaneously.
edit on 12/17/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

That's what I was thinking.
Check it..
You're standing on a car that happens to be going 2,000 some odd mph.
Car suddenly stops.
How far do you fly? And how long do you bounce and scrape along the ground, decimating your physical body?

Would not be pleasant... Everyone, and everything, literally yanked off the ground and tossed to the east, very very hard.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TooManyTheories

If you consider how fast the Earth is spinning, if it were to begin slowing down it would either take a very long time(long enough to essentially destroy a large portion(if not all) of the ecosystem due to over exposure to heat/cold sun/no sun) or it would happen so fast we would all be thrown very hard simultaneously.
edit on 12/17/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

That's what I was thinking.
Check it..
You're standing on a car that happens to be going 2,000 some odd mph.
Car suddenly stops.
How far do you fly? And how long do you bounce and scrape along the ground, decimating your physical body?

Would not be pleasant... Everyone, and everything, literally yanked off the ground and tossed to the east, very very hard.

ok again.. i re-re-reitterate.....

imagine being floated in the air JUST before THAT happens...
which is WHAT this thread is specifically about.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Everything that's not loose enough to start floating, trees, buildings, etc, would still get that force. Enough force that they would be torn from the ground and sent flying through the air.

Besides, anything with enough force to reverse the Earth's rotation would likely either drag the moon off with it or slam it into our side.

Stop with this silly sh*.
edit on 12/18/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Everything that's not loose enough to start floating, trees, buildings, etc, would still get that force. Enough force that they would be torn from the ground and sent flying through the air.

Besides, anything with enough force to reverse the Earth's rotation would likely either drag the moon off with it or slam it into our side.

Stop with this silly sh*.
edit on 12/18/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

meh ...yer drunk.

I made this thread. it's about if the earth reversed rotation and we floated in the air before that happened.. then landed safely after it happened.

you stop with the silly sh*t...

silly... sh*tter...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join