It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21st 2012 "gravity-loss" scenario VS. rotation reversal scenario

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
k let this be know that this is all hypothetical speculation...

There's a numeber of threads going on about people dreaming that we would loose gravity during the dec 21st-23rd
it's an interesting scenario to imagine.. and plays into the "rapture" scenario a bit...

considering that the hypothetical scenario that's being put forth that the world will pole-shift and stop on it's axis, and then reverse it's rotation...
such an event just very well may cause a serious "slamming on the brakes" type feeling.. where we're rotating at such an incredible speed right now.. imagine it just ERRRRRRT! stopping then reversing...

that would cause some serious tektonik and tidal violent movement... buildings and such would be yanked off their foundations like someone pulling the tablecloth off the table with the dishes on the table.. but not so suavely successfull as pulling off the trick...

NOW...

imagine that gravity ceases... people and things float up in the air slowly...
THEN this shift happens...the earth changes it's rotation...
THEN gravity slowly re activates...

considering all that..

would you rather be with or without the anti-gravity event during the shift..

i'd rather be up in the air than on the ground when and if something like that happens..
of course.. i'd want the anti-grav and reactivation of gravity to be a slow shift rather than a quick UP then a FALL.

maybe that's why this HAARP induced anti-grav phenomenon would happen.. to lessen lives lost?
(there's a thread on the haarp connection somewhere on here - someone was saying they are a housing inspector and someone from a real estate company told them haarp was going to artificially manufacture this event)
another thing to think about is.. would you stay in your attic pressed against the ceiling? or would you want to go out the door and up into the air during the rotation-reversal?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I like the gravity loss scenario. The best way to lose weight is to lessen gravity.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Interesting. If that were to happen, i'd take the float up then down slowly and much rather be outside considering buildings would be wiped out.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

listen to the words very carefully

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Oh, Lord, through the revolution

edit on 12/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
if the rotation of the earth was to stop it would in fact make things heavier......remember centrifugal force?
it wouldnt stop gravity at all.

And im not going to speculate on what would happen to earths magnetic field during this time.
edit on 17-12-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
maybe that's why this HAARP induced

I've seen HAARP blamed for a lot of strange stuff in these forums, but setting it up as a worldwide antigravity machine is a new one for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah but.
There would be no sky diving anymore. There would be no snowboarding. No hang gliding! No fun!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, but everything would be on fire baby! Just like in the 70's! Woo hoo! Disco space jam!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Um, isn't gravity the force of attraction between two bodies based on their mass? I don't think the earth's rotation has anything to do with it. You might have some damn wicked inertial forces working, though.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

why would it burn? because the magnetosphere is interrupted and its resulting protection diminished......the cosmic rays will burn off the atmo?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Um, isn't gravity the force of attraction between two bodies based on their mass? I don't think the earth's rotation has anything to do with it. You might have some damn wicked inertial forces working, though.

you are correct, but you have to take into account the amount of centrifugal force that is exerted on the planet because of the speed of its rotation.

what if that rotation were to cease? then we would no longer have the negative effect of the centrifugal force counteracting earths gravity.

Im sure im correct phage?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yeah but.
There would be no sky diving anymore. There would be no snowboarding. No hang gliding! No fun!

Not to mention having to be extra cautious where you "relieve" yourself!!! Wouldn't want to catch the stream on the way up lol...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As I was reading this thread, I had the TV going and saw a game trailer where people were floating in the air antigravity-style, then the name of the game was displayed.. God of War: Ascension -- Synchronicity or coincidence?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
what if that rotation were to cease? then we would no longer have the negative effect of the centrifugal force counteracting earths gravity.

Wikipedia says the amount is only 0.3 percent.
And thats maximum at the equator. Everywhere else is less, and no effect at all at the poles.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustynailsK
As I was reading this thread, I had the TV going and saw a game trailer where people were floating in the air antigravity-style, then the name of the game was displayed.. God of War: Ascension -- Synchronicity or coincidence?

Regurgitated names and things places events ect.

Their is no originality anymore

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Centripetal force acting on an object:
f=mv^2/r

So, for me, if I was standing on the equator, f = 2.54 N
Force of gravity acting on me on Earth's surface = 733 N
So, at the equator, the Earth's rotation would make me about 0.57 pounds lighter.

I think.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you consider how fast the Earth is spinning, if it were to begin slowing down it would either take a very long time(long enough to essentially destroy a large portion(if not all) of the ecosystem due to over exposure to heat/cold sun/no sun) or it would happen so fast we would all be thrown very hard simultaneously.
edit on 12/17/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yeah but.

Would a reverse bungee?
You know,instead of descending ,ascending.
Of course you would need some padding for the landing.
But that is the gravity loss scenario.
The rotational reversal would be a whole 'nother ballgame.
Don't think we puny little humans would survive that one.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
ESRI did a study regarding what would happen if the Earth stopped spinning.
www.esri.com...

Basically all the water in the Oceans move to the poles, or where the gravity on Earth would be highest. The equator would become a mega continent. And one side of the Earth gets a lot of sun.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So if i were to stop earths rotation then you would gain .5 pounds?

Now how would the earth rotating around the sun effect that force......like being on the sun facing side vs the dark side of the plant during its 365 day rotation?

then you should see a weight difference if the earth did stop rotating. The outside should still be lighter than the inside of the orbit?

Physics math make my head hurt

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join