It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Yes, there was a great deal of mis-information contained in it. That alone would be grounds for removing it.

Who's to determine what is and isn't "mis-information"? When you decide to only allow what is "factual" you're really only allowing what one person or group decided is "factual"; an official story that no one can disagree with. A free and open society in which everything can be questioned is more conducive to truth prevailing than a society in which information is strictly controlled from the top.

Looks like facebook is who determines it since they took it down

Then it really has nothing to do with whether it is factual, it is about whether some moderators at Facebook agreed with it. I really hope FB doesn't go down this path of controlling the free flow of information. If they do, the site's credibility as a social media tool would seriously come into question.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Ummm, it's facebook

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
facebook is a mess ive seen people with 3-5 accounts

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, facebook is going to be done soon anyways...something better will come about...

I wish people understood the internet at all. There's nothing so amazing at facebook. Like it's some sort of shockingly brilliant thing that could never be replicated. lmao. If people were smart, new 'things' could be created all the time, and any time one of them #ed up, like how facebook is #ing up with their censorship, something new and better could come onto the scene. But nobody thinks...they just want to use the popular thing...
edit on 17-12-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Do they realize how much freaking credibility they just gave you by doing that... thanks for the post flagged and starred.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The reason people get banned is not always a direct result of Facebook staff.

It's because of people who complain and report it.

After a certain amount of people complain their system will do it automatically.

Later a Facebook staff will review the complaints and take action.

I have a feeling that there was a lot of abusive comments made also.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Good luck stopping that.
Just like the censorship on ATS.....Facebook is a business and businesses can make up whatever rules they like for their service.

Whoever allowed the constitution and Nation to let corps and businesses violate the constitution for customers and employees is committing treason. It is just too bad that people don't get organized and deal with all the crapola traitors in law, courts and elected office. If people where like me, we would have chewed up all the lines to the top with bullhorns and so freaking mad, by the millions, serve and protect always. NEVER NEVER stop doing that, enmasse.

I'm sorry I know they think they can, and some corrupt judges have allowed it, but its unlawful no matter who allows it, unconstitutional and violates human rights.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Its an open ended, sharing of anything you wish that is constitutionally legal, with your friends and so forth.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
There's nothing so amazing at facebook.

Nope, all it is is a giant database. Databases have been around for decades.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are a lot of inaccuracies in your meme.

I heard he shot the door lock and gained entry that way. He was not "let in." I read a number of interviews with friends of the mother, who you claim "no one has ever heard of." His mother trained him in the use of firearms.

Do you have proof of your statements? If not, why should anyone consider them to be more truthful than mainstream news?

I think you jumped the gun a bit before the full facts of the story has come out. If you've got a theory that can be backed up by evidence, then why not publish it here, instead of making up a meme full of inaccuracies solely for the shock value?

As for Facebook, I hate the site. If someone came to your door telling you to freely give them information about you, your family, your job, your hobbies, and then said they were going to sell the information to corporations and make a ton of cash and not give you any of it, would you do it? Yet that's what happens on Facebook and people are ok with it.

edit on 17-12-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Those are some serious statements. I'd like to know if the author of that can back it up.

On topic: I've seen much much, worse than this on facebook. However, it is their website, so they can censor whatever they deem inappropiate.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Factual ones, brought out gradually through alot of lies and weird mistruths in the media.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Not in an age where the "printed" world has gone digital and nobody looks at paper anymore. When I recently went through Hurricane Sandy it really brought home to us, after eleven days without power, how you need to be able to charge up your phones and access the Internet to read things these days, to even get news. Most people under the age of 30 aren't reading printed books anymore, sad stuff, doubt they'd be interested in a little photocopied handout that attempts to give them important information to ensure their political and/or spiritual sovereignty. Sad stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Yeah, that's perfectly reasonable... if you're a fascist

Facebook is intended to waste your time, make you stupid and lower your self-esteem, not promote intellectual deliberation and speculation on serious social issues & incidents

Hooray for the Free World eh? pfft. what a joke.

edit on 17/12/2012 by TheAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

So which version of the story are you familiar with? Afterall it changed almost hourly since it happened.

Mom was a teacher at the school and dead with her class. Mom was a teacher at the school, but killed at home. Then mom has no affiliation with the school whatsoever, and is dead at home. There was even an article stating mom was alive and talking to authorities.......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
it seems like there is more to the store then we are allowed to see or hear. I use facebook daily and post or share photos and articles that have been shared by others. Some are pretty political articles and some are hot/trending issues that get some temperatures boiling. I think the photo uploaded in this instance, was probably a little too soon while many are still coming to terms with the aftermath of a senseless tragedy. As said, it was likely that one of the OP's friends reported the photo to Facebook which prompted Facebook to shut it down. Likely, there were other posts that violated terms of use - but of course, we won't see those either. I have reported things (and fake profiles to Facebook) that I have seen. Like when I found out my six year old niece was on facebook unsupervised with a webcam!! I reported that profile but here she is six years later, still on facebook.

I think we're missing key elements to the story here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I've listened as the story has evolved and I am familiar with the changes you mention. The investigation takes time, but media do not want to wait so they report every little tidbit they hear as soon as they hear it to fill the 24/7 news cycle. It is rife with errors, no argument here. I don't believe that is indicative of a conspiracy to cover up the truth.

Exactly what does the OP think really happened? His meme does not say.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Ok lol, I was going to point you to the main thread here if you were unfamiliar with the way it changed like crazy

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Again....stop being ridiculous. For Facebook to act, someone had to have reported the image. So you need to go direct your anger at someone on your friend's list. Second, as the days have gone on, all witness accounts, family & friends testimony collected, forensic evidence, phone calls to police dispatch & police reports support the story of this being a lone gunman. No conspiracy. No aliens. No CIA manchurian candidate. Get the eff over it. Some people are desperate lonely mental head cases and they think shooting up a bunch of other people before they off themselves will ensure they are forever remembered. That's all this is. Nothing more. To inject conspiracy theories is a slap to the face of the victims.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join