It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by mattdel

What the hell is wrong with you OP!

You seem to have forgotten "Political Correctness"?

The facists got you on that one didn't they? Now on to the next round of our Constitution being shredded by the mob mentality that has now taken control of the U.S.A.!

Truth and peace be damned!

/the above post was total sarcasm......
edit on 17-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Am I too late? Are we already crying conspiracy before the news haas even filtered out all the inacuracees? Evidentally were going for another government sponsored attack? Ohhh, enlighten me please Mr. Seeker of all that's right true and accurate..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

From what I understand that picture wasn't cleared for use by anyone at all. The problem here is people think copyright doesn't apply to what they post on Facebook and it does. Facebook's abuse system is also user-reported for the most part. One of his "friends" likely reported him. I doubt Facebook was actively looking for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Originally posted by mattdel

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Facebook has evolved from picture sharing into an all purpose information sharing center. You don't get to decide what "belongs" there, it's up to the end user.

No, It's up to Facebook. It's their site, not yours. You sell your soul at the door so to speak. And everything on there will be held against you for the rest of your life. So, with that in mind. Stay off of Facebook, you don't need it.

Why in the world er, HOW in the world could you possibly believe that it's up to the "End user"? In your agreement it states you have NO ownership over anything posted to them and that you agree they can censor postings and do whatever they want.

I was arguing that another member of FB doesn't have the right to decide what I post, not that FB doesn't have the right. Context clues, dear. Context clues. 3rd grade stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You might not be able to manage your Facebook and Google connection settings right now. Dec 13 2:42 PM
Updates We're still working on the problem and will provide an update by Dec 17 8:00 PM. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience. Dec 14 5:00 PMreply to post by mattdel

So today on Facebook I posted link to sign petition about westboro baptist at the white house, account now all messed up.

So just wow, guess I'm included. Didn't see that coming!

link   
I don't see a problem with "permanent facebook account termination", in fact I encourage people to set that as their facebook goal.

Permanent Facebook account termination = progress

What would people do with all their newly discovered spare time???

link   
Good for Facebook. Continuing this behavior will send it the way of... wait, what was that site called... um... it was "Social space"??? or... um... "My Social" or... wait... I think I remember... "My Space"!

People aren't just waking up, their wisening up and the social engineers in favor of their one world government just... can't... handle... it!!!

Intelligent, aware and educated people will always be the thorn in the paw of the lion which makes it whimper like a kitten!

link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yeah, can't get much more offending. And how can they cry conspiracy when the story hasn't even been settled yet? Whatta joke. This is what gives bad name to "Conspiracy theorist".

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

When I am visiting my grown children and other people in the family etc., I do not bring up conspiracy theory type stuff. Facebook is like that - a family visit. They have every right to keep you from posting that kind of a word/image.

I didn't like it either, so much so that I won't even post it for others to see. ...........everything about it was wrong and it was also disrespectful.

ATS is more tolerant but I assume they have a similar policy but for different reasons. Freedom of speech is not an issue here. You were on Facebook's private property and you violated their policies. ATS is private property too.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I don't think a FB member erased your stuff.. It was reported, found to be offending and not too mention TOTALLY inaccurate and devoid of any real meaning other than to offend and was subsequently deleted. 3rd grade stuff..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SanDomenico

Yeah, discuss weed being legalized in your state on ATS, Straight to the "Garbage Dump" for you! and a thousand points.
edit on 12/17/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Soon the fight for freedom will have to go undergroud...In Russia, when the printed word of dissent was banned from the mainstream, the people published one page info papers called Samizdat that circulated underground between those whom one trusted.....possession would be worth a jail sentence....
But these single paged leaflets managed to become the most popular news source in russia at one time...
And with the constant monitoring of the internet for dissent, SAMIZDAT may become popular in the western civilisation as well......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
will they shot down ATS facebook account ?
they will open the gates of hell if they do that

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That will only chase off the few sensible people using it. It was only inevitable that Facebook, a microcosm of human society and peddler of cultural/societal "norms", would become more and more authoritative.

It only goes down from here. That's what defenders of this stance are missing.
edit on 17/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

#1: Not my picture, not my article.
#2: Everything in the picture was released by a media outlet at one point or another.
#3: Removing everything that everyone finds offensive from the internet will effectively cut it's size to about 1% of what it is now. Dangerous precedent we set for ourselves.

Please see your way out, you clearly have a vendetta against me, or you're incapable of admitting that you snapped at me out of context and now you won't leave without a fight. Either way I'm disinterested.
edit on 17-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Am I too late? Are we already crying conspiracy before the news haas even filtered out all the inacuracees? Evidentally were going for another government sponsored attack? Ohhh, enlighten me please Mr. Seeker of all that's right true and accurate..

Ok, you got me on that one and I am giving you a star for calling me out on that statement when I am done with this......

The problem is that how do we know what the truth really is??? Six hours after the incident happened the MSM was correcting and trying to cover up what they may have "misreported" on. So therefore you are correct! After we have a news media who is known to lie, and become the first to report, just how will we ever know the truth, when the news is so full of lies.......I tend to believe that the truth is the last thing TPTB want us to really know..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Really, it's not a big deal. Don't like Facebook's rules, there is Diaspora, Google +. Hell, get on Tumblr and cry to your heart's content. You can make your own site and buy your own server then no one can tell you what to do. Until the Government just goes China-style then you are free to find some corner of the internet to talk about whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Excellent point. If you are going to start throwing around loaded accusations, better make sure you fact check first.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Although what you posted doesnt seem to be in and of itself offensive in any way, some who are in the middle of dealing with the terrible events of a few days ago, how so ever they came to be, and at whomsoevers hand, will no doubt find this sort of thing disturbing.

I would be unsuprised to find that on this basis, the suspension is being upheld.

Also, your title leads one to assume, perhaps in error, that yours is not the only example of this. It suggests a wide scale habit on the part of facebook, of suspending vast numbers of accounts. I do not doubt that there are other examples of this, but I, and it would seem you, have no evidence to support that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Facebook is for socializing with friends and family, not for making political statements. There are children on it and it's open to the general public. They have a standard to uphold.

If they had a way to set boundaries for pages that were "questionable" then they would do that, but they don't. Everything is open so everyting is held to the same standard.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Facebook has evolved from picture sharing into an all purpose information sharing center. You don't get to decide what "belongs" there, it's up to the end user.

No, it's not up to the end user, it's up to facebook

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join