learn more

It's sad that Liberals are using Children's death for Politics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

That doesn't take away the fact that gun control is part of the liberal agenda and has been for years.

fact
/fakt/
Noun
A thing that is indisputably the case.
Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

in·dis·put·a·ble
/ˌindiˈspyo͞otəbəl/
Adjective
Not disputable; unable to be challenged or denied: "an indisputable fact".

Fact is something that cannot be denied. Due to your lack of evidence, I would say that this is most certainly not the case. Are you going to provide substantiation for your claims or not? And I don't mean speculation. Your speculation is worthless without probability.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Apparently you are allergic to the truth, you would prefer that people and elected politicians fall into clearly defined lines and we just don't.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It's a sliding scale. The classical definitions that are used to define each political stance do not cleanly apply to most people. There's nearly always one or two issues on which they differ or are undecided.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 17-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The last couple of posts is really sad.

Some liberals can't admit that things like gun control and universal healthcare are part of the liberal agenda. It's really sad. If you're a liberal but can't accept these simple truths, you need to think about how hypocritical this makes you sound.

Liberals wanted single payer and pushed for Universal Healthcare. Every Democrat isn't a liberal so of course they have to accept what they can get like Obamacare.

The reason liberals couldn't push through single payer and get universal healthcare because there's Democrats who voted for Obamacare but they wouldn't go any further.

Again, it's a FACT that gun control is part of the liberal agenda.

The fact that you guys are debating whether or not gun control is part of the liberal agenda instead of debating whether gun control is destructive is telling.

You can't debate what I said about gun control. It's truly a destructive agenda of liberals. After every tragedy we spend time debating gun control with politicians, the news media and every other movie star in singer will start making political statements about gun control and nothing ever gets done because gun control is just stupid. You will never get gun control in America. If you ban guns, the guns you ban will be controlled by criminals. In America we have the 2nd Amendment and sadly a violent culture. So debating gun control is an exercise in futility.

We need to debating ways to make sure those guns stay away from places where there most destructive like gangs or the mentally ill.

Sadly, the liberal agenda of gun control will be talked about for weeks. Liberals will hold marches and threaten NRA members and nothing will get done.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

First of all I'm not a Liberal, I'm further left than that. Secondly sometimes Liberals drive me crazy too, there's just some things I can't be Centrist on. Third, I support the Second Amendment.

We do have gun control laws, if we didn't any old person could walk into a gun dealer, buy whatever gun they wanted, whatever ammo they wanted, no questions asked. Our gun control laws are effective.

You seem to be confusing gun control with repealing the Second Amendment which is never going to happen, one of the main reasons why it is never going to happen is because there are a good number of Liberals who also support the Second Amendment. Liberals are currently the majority in America and Democrats stand to win the House during midterm elections because that is exactly how fed up America is with the GOP.

If banning guns were a majority agenda (notice I never denied that there are people who do seek such, some of whom are Liberal) then SCOTUS would be the only buffer between the majority and the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ugh. Seriously, ATS? You deny ignorance by ignoring it? What the hell is up with this thread still being here? I've seen more worthwhile threads be removed.

This is right up there with the "2nd line" posts. If you're going to make a policy, stick to it.
edit on 18-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by Sphota

Again, the fact is they're liberal and conservative agendas that are destructive. Both liberals and conservatives push these agendas religiously and it's destructive.

It's simply stupid not to say the word liberal or conservative because you have some pie in the sky view that makes no sense.

Not to derail the thread, but Obama being a "liberal" and Bush being a "conservative" seems more pie in the sky to me.

How many "conservatives" have been caught with drugs, prostitutes (male or female), adulterous behavior, or otherwise? How many "liberals" have sold out the people for profit?

The truth is that the real cloud 9 that some people here live on is that there really are these two ideological groupings and they hold fast to the ones in their corner.

The reason I question the word liberal and conservative is because I used to think I was liberal. My views really haven't changed, I've just gone deeper into researching the issues and the superfluous drivel I hear from supposedly liberal politicians seems more in balance as a non argument to the point of view of the supposed conservatives than it does as a rebuke of the actual premise (wars, drugs, poverty, healthcare, social security, pick the issue).

Liberal means freedom. Conservative means keeping it as is or holding on. You would think the liberals would espouse the 2nd amendment as a case of personal liberty. It's all a matter of historical context. You have to have a set scenario for which one would want the freedom to change and one would want to keep it as is. The problem is that life is not static, so something that would be conserved 100 years ago might be rehashed now and rebranded as change and the shoe would be on the other foot.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Liberal means freedom. Conservative means keeping it as is or holding on. You would think the liberals would espouse the 2nd amendment as a case of personal liberty.

When something goes so terribly wrong, it shows that someone somewhere was incapable of handling such freedom, and when that possibility not only exists, but presents itself as an actual event, we are desperate to ensure that it never happens again.

We don't want to be afraid of the people around us, and if we must sacrifice certain freedoms to make sure that even greater freedoms are secured, then we'll do so. It's ridiculous to assume that the many will cater to the few. And just to be clear, everyone participating in this thread, I'm providing a well-rounded perspective on this. Don't attack me for having a different opinion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join