It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Doom and Gloom, Tell me what you think of this picture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

Yes, I think they were meant to be. Thank you!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hey, everyone!!! We area live and well. End of the world alive and well. Meant to be!!! Now let's make it better. Merry Christmas and a Happy many New Years.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was only guessing when I said the developers messed up, I believe Imagewerx was right when he said "Neither of them were there in the mountains that day." It's still a very strange story how the other woman got the picture unless your grandparents knew the people who developed and printed the pictures, they might have done it to send a message to the other woman.To do that they would have to have the film of the picture of your grandparents. Only your grandparents can answer that one. It was good to see the picture, thank you for posting it.
Merry Christmas and a Happy many New Years to you and everyone here.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There seems to be a lil trickery going on. Not necessarily intentional but who knows.

If what you're saying ---the man was there yet the woman wasn't, he still doesn't match up to the background. The scale is off. Plus if you look between his legs, you can see a third leg/foot.

So in conclusion it's my opinion that this is clearly not a authentic picture instead screams double exposure.

Sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be while we dig deeper for more meaning in an otherwise boring world.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thinking about this again,the sharp edge between the two parts of the image rules out the use of the Cokin style filter I mentioned earlier.Anything used in this way will be several inches in front of the focal plane so wouldn't be in sharp focus like that.
When negative film like this is printed,it's left on the roll and pulled through the film carrier part of the enlarger one frame at a time when the exposure onto the light sensitive paper below is made.It's impossible to have a second piece of film accidentally sandwiched against the first one in this way unless you wanted this to happen.It was easy even back in the 1930s to do stuff like this,just cut the film into individual frames and put a couple of them into the enlarger at the same time.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have to agree that it has been manipulated with. The straight line of contrast down the middle, the shadows, and the scale of objects in the background don't fit together.
Also it seems as if the two of them are leaning in together.

I loved the story behind this picture though! And that your grandparents ended up together.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Cool looking. But looks like a fake

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

if you look at his left leg it seems very straight on the side nearest the lady , and the rocks can be seen behinde him-between them both !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join