It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan 14 Theater Shooting, 12/16/12, San Antonio TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Was this missed?

www.mysanantonio.com...

Searched and didn't find it..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmehere
Was this missed?

www.mysanantonio.com...

I think i may have read about it another thread, but dont quote me, im not certain, so no wonder you didnt find anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Was this missed?

www.mysanantonio.com...

I think i may have read about it another thread, but dont quote me, im not certain, so no wonder you didnt find anything.

Ive just noticed the name of the cinema, well that's bloody ironic isnt it?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Exactly! "Ironic", indeed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Beat me to it.
Mayan eh? thats bizarre.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. I fear we will see more and more of these as the days go by..this doesn't make sense to me though.

Pollard said the woman called to warn restaurant employees, but by the time she saw his message he was already outside the China Garden firing a Glock 23 at the front door about 9:25 p.m.
Garcia went inside, chased people out the back door, and followed one employee as he ran toward the theater, apparently because he was the easiest target, Pollard said.

“He was chasing him, shooting in the air and at other cars,” Pollard said.
He said that when a San Antonio police officer heard the gunshots and pulled into the theater's parking lot, Garcia shot out his patrol car's windshield.

Garcia then continued charging toward the theater, still pursuing the restaurant employee. When he reached the lobby he fired more shots, Pollard said.

One of the shots struck a patron in the back, but the bullet did not strike any vital organs, and the man was released from San Antonio Military Medical Center later Sunday night.

A sheriff's sergeant working off-duty as a security guard at the Mayan Palace chased Garcia toward the back of the theater. She cornered him after he ran into a men's restroom, shooting him several times and taking his gun, Pollard said.

Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

I don't know much about guns but according to wikipedia a glock 23 would have an effective range of 50m (55yd) A glock 23 .40 would on average hold about 17 bullets. They say he fired right upon arriving at the restaurant/mall so let's theorize he shot 3 bullets at the front door, or more. We'll say 5 bullets are now shot.

"He was chasing him, shooting in the air, and at other cars" Lets say he shot 2 more in the air and 3 more at other cars. That's now 10 rounds he's shot.

An officer reported he "heard shots being fired" and upon arriving on the scene immediately had his windshield shot out. Now like I said I don't know much about guns but I do know that a Glock 23 handgun would not be able to destroy a patrol cars windshield, especially since this guy didn't have many bullets left at this point if the reported story is true.

So he shoots out the patrol car's windshield and is now running away?

A sheriff's sergeant working off-duty as a security guard at the Mayan Palace chased Garcia toward the back of the theater. She cornered him after he ran into a men's restroom, shooting him several times and taking his gun, Pollard said.

How convenient that an off-duty Sheriff's Seargeant so happened to be working off duty in the theater. She cornered him? after shooting him? and "taking his gun" ??? This is so strange.

And then we have YOUR link. where WITNESSES say they heard multiple gunshots.(multiple shooters)?

Witnesses said numerous shots were fired inside and outside the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 theater complex on Southwest Military Drive around 9:25 p.m

I'll be watching this as it develops..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the links that I missed

I must not have searched the right keywords!

I used to think CT were nutjobs...Guess that now makes me a nutjob...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

No a car windshield will not stop a .40 caliber pistol round. Not even a police car.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111

No a car windshield will not stop a .40 caliber pistol round. Not even a police car.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Also, the running out of ammo thing is easily remedied with extra mags. Who's to say he didn't have extra mags? Most do.
edit on 17-12-2012 by lilmehere because: Missed some words.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

A .40 would distroy a windshield, I remeber shooting windshields out of abandon cars as a kid with a bb gun...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lilmehere

Sorry...just not enough casualties to be noticed i guess.................

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That's a sad state of affairs in this sad planet, things need to change. To many kooks, violence on tv and other locations is far to easily accessable and undoubtably has an affect on many.
edit on 17-12-2012 by KristofLaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join