It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St Loius Police Chief says time to end "gun free" lunacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Yep all the guns in the U.S. are owned by nut cases. Hey pot meet kettle.

Calling for the death of all in the U.S. and then condeming nut cases who kill?

If the problem were guns most of the U.S. population would be dead now anyway considering that there are enough guns in the U.S. to arm every man, woman, and child.

How about instead of attacking all gun owners you just target the nut cases that talk about killing people? I seen what was supposed to be a 4chan post that talked about killing himself and a bunch of others that was posted from CT and a day or so before the shooting. How true it was I am not sure, I will try to find it again.

Edit to add: Did you read my post on page two or did you skip over it and just jump in and post after reading the OP?

Edit to add photos from 4chan of possible killers posting about what is to come.

imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

Not sure how real they are but if so someone could have helped to lessen what happened if not stopped it completely. It is not guns that kill, it is nut cases.

Raist
edit on 12/18/12 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Proud to be from Saint Louis. Arm the principle! and vice principle!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Can't believe I've just read this.
Literally feel like leaving this site for good and attempting to boycott america and its people for the rest of my life. I thought the world couldn't get anymore stupid and yet again, america proves me wrong. Sorry if I have offended anyone, actually no I'm not sorry in the slightest.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Do you realize how many guns there are in America? In most states there are more guns than people.

What would you suggest we do?

Ban assault weapons, Arm the Authorities..

Ruck yeah

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

Do you realize how many guns there are in America? In most states there are more guns than people.

What would you suggest we do?

Ban assault weapons, Arm the Authorities..

Ruck yeah

Yes, that's the issue here, there already out there, the government can't just call them all back in.
I have no idea, if anyone did america wouldn't be in this situation.
In the UK we're not scared of our authorities or government, we all know they're nothing more than a bunch of bumbling, power hungry, posh Oxford kids.
And our police are pushovers, but at least they don't shoot criminals dead on scene.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

200 people were murdered in my City last summer. You do not understand how dire some of the inner city violence in america is, Clearly.

The police take 6 minutes to get there after the call. It takes 20 seconds to grab a gun and shoot back. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm betting that the next post asks how many of the 200 are gun related.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

200 people were murdered in my City last summer. You do not understand how dire some of the inner city violence in america is, Clearly.

The police take 6 minutes to get there after the call. It takes 20 seconds to grab a gun and shoot back. Just saying.

You're right. I can't argue that, but people need to look into the root of the violence, and the fact people are more likely to commit violent crime if they have a gun readily available, of course knife crimes a problem but who'd use a knife when you could use a gun? I'm sorry to hear how many people were murdered in your city, out of those 200, how many were shot?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I'm betting that the next post asks how many of the 200 are gun related.

Yes, that's like asking if the sea appears blue and saying, "I bet the answers yes!"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I actually believe the number may have been more than 200. And I believe 99% were gun related.

Some of them might have been stabbed.

Also I believe that 100% of the guns used in those murders were illegally purchased. Unfortunately most of the time the murders get away to kill again.

I wish we were more like England. But it is the wild west out here. Crazy # is happening in the streets. People fighting. You do not see that # on the news, but you see it on youtube.
edit on 12/18/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Don't forget about good old zip guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I actually believe the number may have been more than 200. And I believe 99% were gun related.

Some of them might have been stabbed.

Also I believe that 100% of the guns used in those murders were illegally purchased. Unfortunately most of the time the murders get away to kill again.

I wish we were more like England. But it is the wild west out here. Crazy # is happening in the streets. People fighting. You do not see that # on the news, but you see it on youtube.
edit on 12/18/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

It truly is an unfortunate position you're all in.
I wish I could say I believe the same when it comes to how criminals obtain weapons, all I can do is say what its like here, I've never come across a real gun, except a hunting rifle my uncle had on his farm when I was a kid, very rarely do I hear about people getting shot, of course out could just be unreported, but as a whole, this country feels like quite a safe one to be in. Where you have gangsters with glocks, we have 14 year olds with knives. (Not too many thankfully)
edit on 18-12-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Drunk tries selling zip guns to motorists (UK)

Shhhhh.... We just pretend they dont exist.

You pass a magic law and they all go away. That's how the world works.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This happened the same day in China as the school shooting here in the U.S.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on children in the country.

There are crazy people worldwide who are out to harm others, some are out to harm children. There are crazy
people all over. The weapon of choice is not the problem. The problem is education of the weapons and not treating them like toys and the crazy
people who want to harm others.

We live in a society (seemingly worldwide) that glorifies violence and talks for days about the peron who commited the violence. The nut cases just love knowing they will be talked about that much. Look at the post of the things posted on 4chan. They want people to talk about them.

Raist

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Drunk tries selling zip guns to motorists (UK)

Shhhhh.... We just pretend they dont exist.

You pass a magic law and they all go away. That's how the world works.

*facepalm* obviously that is how the world works yes

I didn't even know what a zip gun was til I checked your link. There are guns in every country

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
This happened the same day in China as the school shooting here in the U.S.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on children in the country.

There are crazy people worldwide who are out to harm others, some are out to harm children. There are crazy
people all over. The weapon of choice is not the problem. The problem is education of the weapons and not treating them like toys and the crazy
people who want to harm others.

We live in a society (seemingly worldwide) that glorifies violence and talks for days about the peron who commited the violence. The nut cases just love knowing they will be talked about that much. Look at the post of the things posted on 4chan. They want people to talk about them.

Raist

Yeah I've seen Americans chucking that report around like a bouncy ball over the past week. You're right though its sad but true, people seem to be taught nowadays that violence is a kind of forbidden pleasure, so good it has to be simulated rather than practiced. As much as I love them, I can't help but think violent video games have played a part in this just a teeny bit, but no more than star wars has.
Its interesting you say that though, on the local radio earlier they were discussing the fact america seems to be a violent nation, but it seems to think everyone else is the same.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Kind of funny that though, when the aurora shootings happened there was a similar story circulating, in fact, the only difference is the number of victims.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I think the whole wolrd is crazy violent. I think violence is a part of human nature. I also think the glorification of violence stimulates that nature even more. It is not just games, you have it in nearly every movie, and tons of songs. I am not blaming the media a person ingests as a whole, but I think for those with problems already it is a problem.

Sure I some people make me want to punch their face, but I don't because it would be wrong. I rarley find anyone I wish more harm on than that, but the WB church is one of them. I am really torn when it comes to that group. I want there to be free speech and I want to love and forgive people, that group though disgusts me. I admit a part of me longs for one of the nutty people to attack that group more than ever since I hear they will be going to the funerals of these kids.

Raist

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah the "news" outlets love to talk about all the crazy people killing people. If not for that they would have little to talk about. God knows they never tackle the real stuff like the corrupt politicians running the show.

Raist

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

The latest knowledge indicates that the shooters mother was never a teacher at that school.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join