It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice For Those Considering Joining The Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi ATS.

Pfew! this has been a while and i thought i´d turned my back on ATS for good.
Boy was i wrong.
I´ve been absent for a while because i had to find myself again and get my life back on track.
I was getting depressed and that´s the main reason i left ATS for some time.
ATS isn´t a good place for people that have a negative outlook on life.(which i had)

I just came buy to share a video with you guys.
I don't know how old this is or anything but i found it a refreshing video.
It's about an ex-military men who gives his thoughts on the military and how he sees the military.
I couldn't agree more with what this guy said.

'they don't send you overseas to be heroes, they send you overseas to be bullies'

'and some people tend to fight back'

'we are there to implement the political will of the US'

Just watch the video at the link below and let me know what you think.
Also i would like to ask members to keep it civil.
because i know the military/service are quite touchy subjects on this site with both people who support the military and those who do not.
despite your opinion and outlook on this particular subject i would like to ask you all to keep it civil.

I found the vid here. (if youtube link doesnt work, click here)

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Welcome back! The man speaks the truth and it is refreshing to hear it! Sometimes the truth hurts and in this day and age when we have so many people lining up like lemmings for the same corrupt goverment to protect us, we need to keep in mind the atrocities that they have commited against humanity!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Come on...this guy was "special forces." There is desk jobs and actually there is alot of them. Anyone who goes infantry chose to do it. This guy is high as a kite. Going into the middle east is keeping Russia from doing whatever they want. How many of you peeps forgot they invaded Georgia for no apparent reason? China is now doing the same thing and testing Japan. What the US is doing, is trying to bluff their way into and remaining a superpower.

I tell you what...you want your family to survive when the collapse happens, its better to be on the other side of the fence than being the ones without food. The military will roll in and take over the supermarkets. People will be shot and killed. Either way, this guy is dumb and definitely a conspiracy nut because he was ordered to do things he can't share with any one of you.

You know what I say...do whatever the hell you want. Quit being sheep.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sad thing is this is the only "Job" some will know I am Canadian but have a few friends I met while travelling and working in Texas a while back and some of the guys younger bro's had been so hard pressed to find work they felt there only "job" left was to become a soldier. I had a long talk with them about not being a soldier but a corporate mercenary in a for profit war. Used lots of threads on ATS as proof we are meerly occupying and not so much at war or spreading democracy. A couple kept looking for work and one went into service. The one who did regrets it now that was three years ago and his bro say he feel he made the worst decision ever.

Sad though when young guys able bodied and willing to work feel the army or military is there last resort.

Starve or Die you pick kinda

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the video and your well worded Thread, I will say that I was impressed but I will also stay out of the fray here being a non- American.....

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
Come on...this guy was "special forces." There is desk jobs and actually there is alot of them. Anyone who goes infantry chose to do it. This guy is high as a kite. Going into the middle east is keeping Russia from doing whatever they want. How many of you peeps forgot they invaded Georgia for no apparent reason? China is now doing the same thing and testing Japan. What the US is doing, is trying to bluff their way into and remaining a superpower.

I tell you what...you want your family to survive when the collapse happens, its better to be on the other side of the fence than being the ones without food. The military will roll in and take over the supermarkets. People will be shot and killed. Either way, this guy is dumb and definitely a conspiracy nut because he was ordered to do things he can't share with any one of you.

"Anyone who goes infantry chose to do it."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll take some feedback for this but my time in the military was some of the best times I have had great people and just like all other jobs you aren't always gonna agree with the boss or even with all of your coworkers
But it's a job and one that we as Americans can't do without don't forget you get to post videos and give your opinions because of the job service men and women do..

And before I get bitch slapped for saying the above I personally am glad to listen to your opinion and viewpoint even if I disagree it's why I joined so we have the right to debate and hear each other out!!!!!

So thanks to all the former , current , and future service members who read this and thanks to the OP for bringing videos like this to our attention it's only healthy to look at things from as many angles as you can.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I have some Advice.. DON'T Join.

Unless that's just all you ever wanted to do..

It may BE all you ever do..

Or you could lose half your hearing in training get discharged and have them claim that you couldn't hear from when you passed the hearing test in the beginning at MEPS..

I have heard better stories but that is mine. I actually couldn't pick infantry.. 14E I was going to be.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

"They" got to you with their propaganda din't they?
Sure there are meeeeeeeelions of desk jobs and nobody volunteers for infantry, ask any car salesman....err recruiter.
Then the 3 preferred jobs you pick and like the guy said..."Hmmmm, bout that"....sorry, but your 3 choices are filled and for the meanwhile we need to put you in boots....or you could take the less than honorable discharge, your choice!

I like how you put the quit being sheep thing and join the military..

Buy Made in USA folks, so that your children and grandchildren may have jobs and NOT have to join the military as a last ditch effort to make fiats.
Rome is burning.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom

But it's a job and one that we as Americans can't do without don't forget you get to post videos and give your opinions because of the job service men and women do..

Please tell me how the illegal wars and mass murders over the past 20-30 years have given anyone in the United States any freedoms?

If anything, with every war we enter, we see more and more of the citizens constitutional rights taken away.

Tell me again how you continue to break that oath you took.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Oh there are more than three choices...Well here's the army one's anyway.

My father was in the army, my sister was in the navy, my brother is in the air force, my husband happens to be in the army and several of my extended happen to be army or marines....Really, I may put the boot to my son if he wants to join.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Like I said we don't always agree myself and every other service member that has ever served with the boss.

As far as breaking that oath, that oath, sir is the reason you get to flame me here like it or not!!!!

It is something I would do again without hesitation and as I get older i hold even closer to that oath

Like I said in my original post my times in the service were some of the best definitely not all good but I have a lot
Of fond memories and I would do it again but I would've stayed and retired.

And thanks for your viewpoint as well I am sure someone will think I'm being a wise guy but I'm not at all I'm just glad we live in a place where we get to exchange thoughts and ideas in a free manner

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Like I said we don't always agree myself and every other service member that has ever served with the boss.

As far as breaking that oath, that oath, sir is the reason you get to flame me here like it or not!!!!

It is something I would do again without hesitation and as I get older i hold even closer to that oath

Like I said in my original post my times in the service were some of the best definitely not all good but I have a lot
Of fond memories and I would do it again but I would've stayed and retired.

And thanks for your viewpoint as well I am sure someone will think I'm being a wise guy but I'm not at all I'm just glad we live in a place where we get to exchange thoughts and ideas in a free manner

Thank you for taking my response in stride.

That oath is the reason I have what I do, no denying that, but that was a long time ago when the enemies were foreign and not domestic. I am reminded about this oath and the liberties that troops fight for but am at a loss as to how this threat is coming from the middle east, where most troops are stationed.

The real threat to our constitution are the people currently sitting on Capitol Hill, systematically shredding our constitutional rights, waging unconstitutional wars, while robbing us and our children blind. In my opinion, anyways.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Agreed, and you must have misunderstood what I wrote.
When enlisting, you are asked what your favorite 3 jobs would be.
They then tell you, "Hey, your job is open"!! Let's get the ball rolling!
You then go through the daily abuse that all soldiers enjoy in order to become part of the team.
Then after you been in abit they tell you, "Ooooh sorry, seems the job is full. But put on these boots and grab this rifle and as soon as your job is open"...
Well, that almost always happens unless you are connected or just extremely lucky.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

How many of you peeps forgot they invaded Georgia for no apparent reason?

If you are referring to 2008, that was a response to a Georgian artillery barrage on Tskhinvali.

top topics

join