It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infringements are a symptom – access is the problem,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
this is in political madness because of the nature of the TPP talks NZ and the US is involved in

when lack of access turns your children into criminals,
there has to be a question,
whats broken and how do we fix it?

if media is created for a market and it is readily available and at a reasonable price, people will pay for it,
if media companies (content creators) want to they can release their content to the public through traditional means,
movie theatres or TV subscription, and over a reasonable time frame.

people have the ability to KNOW how to access that content, they go to the cinema and pay the expected price and know for 100% certainty they are not infringing on anyone else's rights, or copyrights.
there can be no lawsuit for criminal copyright violation, not court fine, no jail time.

YOU KNOW WHERE YOU STAND, and therefore run no risk of paying many thousands of times the cost of a movie pass, in fines

in the internet age, there is no need for theatres any-more, at least not in the sense that movies can be played in the safety and comfort of your own home, there is no huge cost for projectors and rolls of film, a simple computer and tv cable will now do the job of a movie premier.

there is no film to be shipped world wide, no wait for the studios to copy and send to remote parts of the world,
the internet works at the speed of light, and can be anywhere on the planet in less than a second,

so why do we still conform to the idea that movie releases must be "staged" like in times gone by when "actual film" had to travel by ship from one country to another?

why in the age of light speed communications do we still act like we need to WAIT while people on the other side of the earth are raving about a movie, and yet it is not "available" to me at the same time?

we dont have to wait for the "film" to arrive, so why do studios make us "wait"
and what effect does this have on a consumer?

i am not the only one asking these questions by the way,

does the WAIT times for movie releases acually cause piracy?

the next point is this,
it costs "nothing" to digitally copy a movie, and it can be sent worldwide in minutes or seconds,
so the acual costs of copying and shipping is cents on the dollar compared to the theatre model.

so what are the film studios doing on-line that equates to the outdated idea of shipping film world wide?
how does a customer "go to the digital on-line movies"
and where is the "theatre" onlline?
and how do i know that im not going to be a target for litigation if i use this theatre?
and why is the cost of "entry" proportionally the same as a traditional theatre considering there is no cost to run a theatre, no film reproduction cost, and no need to have market openings "at different times"

so instead of making a simple to use, consumer friendly service where you can be assured that like a movie theatre of days past you can come by a ticket and watch a movie without having to show photo id, and sign up for all the other movies i do not wish to watch, nor pay for.

in my younger days we went to movies,
there was nobody following you around, watching your every step to see if you infringed on the studios rights,
but in todays digital world you are followed around online JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE STOLEN THEIR COPYRIGHTS.

you are treated as a suspect, and in some cases, brought before a "pannel of lawyers" and accused of theft.

if the content providers want to keep their business model from the times of film and projectors,
then i want the protection from those times too.

i dont want some film studio lackey following me home from the theatre, and watching me every moment of my life because i used one of its theatres.

i am not guilty untill proven innocent and you are not operating a movie theatre full of people.

we are in the internet age, where information spreads at the speed of light,
and to try and enforce yesterdays high prices and time delays in todays market is folly,

PROBLEM IS YOUR FOLLY IS COSTING YOUNG KIDS THEIR FREEDOM AND FUTURES
you blame them for lack of options and reasonable prices (access) and make them criminals when they do what any person tryes to do, keep up with whats hot in society,

so that you can hold onto a model that has no basis in reality.

you are criminalising our youth to hold onto a model that has no basis in reality.

the fix.

either you want to come into the 21 first century WITH us
or you want to stay in a time that has passed,

criminalising our youth is NOT a business model,
demonizing our internet is NOT going to work long term.
spying on citizens will make YOU hated in the long run.

you seem either unable or unwilling to address the problems and by doing so are condemning our children and their future, because of either greed or short sightedness.

to that end, we open source advocates can and will design a system that can allow you to participate in this new on line world as equals, but you do not make the rules the market does.

the release must be as close to worldwide as possible (time between releases must be minimum)
people are not stupid, they know that once a movie is made, distribution costs are minimal (on the net)
so prices MUST be reasonable, and reflect the digital age we are in.

if you continue to make our children criminals we will teach our children to avoid you, your movies and your business will be destroyed by us

your customers.

my offer.
stop and we will work with you,
continue and you will see boycotts and educational material about how you hate your audience

the internet is the great leveller,
come on board (we will help)
or get leveled (we will boycott)

your choice MPAA RIAA do you want help getting it right?

xploder

edit on 17-12-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Really?

Someone mad because they don't get to watch something when they want, and they have to pay for it?

For crying out loud the world does not revolve around you, even tho some think it should.
edit on 17-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
keep it on topic please

i think that you dont really understand the problem and so you attack the messenger,
would you like me to explain it to you in a more "easy to read" format?

throwing kids in jail is unsustainable in the long term,
and future customers will not buy products from their jailers.

did you read the part where there was an offer to help the content creators?
or did you skip that?

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

That was on topic give us what "we" want or "we" will blackmail you.

if you continue to make our children criminals we will teach our children to avoid you, your movies and your business will be destroyed by us

Or act like a child throw an temper tantrum until the child gets what they want.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by XPLodER

That was on topic give us what "we" want or "we" will blackmail you.

Or act like a child throw an temper tantrum until the child gets what they want.

im sorry if the logic of this passes over your head,
but it is simple logic,

if you keep putting our children in jail, or finning them in pannels,

logically we will stop buying your products, and warn our children to do the same.

and over time your reputation will be destroyed by public opinion.
your business model will cause people to take a moral stand.

i can see the writing on the wall
can you

explaining the market forces may help you understand,
we are the market, and if you force us we will do whats logical.
this is not black mail, this is my opinion on the market.

you again overlook the offer for help for the content creators.

this is an offer, to stop the convictions in direct exchange for the tech required to compete IN THE MARKET

you dont under stand do you

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Children being put in jail said quite a few times already so prove children are being thrown in jail for illegally downloading movies, and songs.

At most a parent gets a email and fined.,

edit on 17-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by XPLodER

Children being put in jail said quite a few times already so prove children are being thrown in jail for illegally downloading movies, and songs.

At most a parent gets a email.

at 12 years old my relative can download movies,
it takes no special skills and can be done any time of the day or night.

children can now be "stalked" around the internet by "tracking" companies,
who are spying on them JUST IN CASE THEY INFRINGE

is that not REALLY bad?
or do you support the indiscriminate "stalking" of children online?

where is the service that helps "reduce" piracy?
so what actions are taken?
a fine?

you ask where are the children being jailed?

i offer a compromise BEFORE IT GOES THAT FAR and in my opinion we are on that path.
our privacy is invaded and our childrens privacy is invaded.

it wont start out as jail, it will be a conviction for piracy that will effect their chances of getting a job,
eventually it will be criminal convictions when the piracy does not stop.

you have completely tried to derail my thread,
i wonder why?

i ask you why persecute your fans, when a few small changes to your business model would prevent most if not all piracy?

why do you defend criminal convictions against people who by societies standard are hardly criminal?

you can go after the banks, so you go after children down loaders?

nice one buddy.

you are miss informed if you think that this ends with an email,
prosecution is ultimately what this system is being put in place for.

i seek a better way forward,

again I OFFER MY HELP
i offer insights to help kerb the problem

you insist the course of the tyrant
if 90% of people admit to piracy of one sort or another,
then how do you enforce this crazy system?

thow your entire customer base in jail?

xploder

new topics

top topics

join