It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World Party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
-Anyone else having one?

During the whole Y2K scare my Wife and I had a party. Earlier that day I heard the time tipping into the new Millennium from across the World so I KNEW there would not be a problem here (not that I expected one anyhow...) So. Right before Midnight I snuck away to the basement and my Wife got the glasses of Champaigne poured and started a loud "countdown" (as she was a co-conspirator)

"Happy new-"

I switched off the breaker and the house went completely dark.

It was sooooo funny. People were tripping for a second until they realized that the neighbors had power.

So, we are doing a 2012 party. In fact, a whole week. We are stocked up on food (Wife is picking up the last few things now) drinks, smoke(s), snacks, etc...etc...etc.. And are both off of work until after Christmas. We are going to lay around in bed all day and do nothing until the day of the party.

-So. What can I do? And what time would I do it? Some of the people will remember my Y2K party so pulling the Power to the house will not work- But I need something unexpected to do and I need a time to do it (11:11?) .
Anyone else having a Party for the "end of the World"? or plans? There are several big Nightclubs in Michigan having "End of the World Parties".

-Discuss.
edit on 17-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
With friends like you, who needs enemies?

The problem that you face is that no one knows what "the end of the world" means... I've been laughing at hearing interviews with people who say that they're preparing for the end of the world by stockpiling food... um... if the world no longer exists, what good is your three months of food going to do you?

So maybe the best joke to play on your friends would be to hint around that you think something is going to happen at 11:11, your previous victims will get everyone hyped up on what you did before, and then you do nothing.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Get an extra set of speakers (big rumbling ones) and stash them places. Get them hooked up to a seperate system, and have some big earthquakey/explosiony sounds coming out of them as loud as you can. You can sync this with turning the other system off/down, and starting some fireworks. (or what ever)

I shall be kicking it at Bangface in London. Some ravey breakcore sillyness. They always have great parties and a happy vibe. They like to get silly with stuff like this, going to make a T shirt with "5D here we come!" on it for lulz.

Have fun at your party, and what ever prank you decide to pull, I hope it goes seemlessly.

edit on 17/12/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's a great idea for Y2K hahaha

I plan being with friends. Here in western PA we have nice rolling hills and many have been cut through for highways. We plan on having a bonfire and watching the stars all night. Maybe a few beers

If you had the gravity gun from half life you could turn your house around and give people a feeling of a pole shift hahaha

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Some sort of fireball explosion? Maybe you can rig up sound and lights just outside the house?

Set if off late, after 11:11 so people "think they are safe"

Man, are they going to hate you! :-)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
we are having a birthday party for my wife on Friday evening, her birthday is on the 24th and being on Christmas eve, it gets lost in the mix. i am serving lobster for anyone interested.
ahhhhhhhh just joking about the last part but if i was rich, you would all be invited.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I just plan on buying some hot wings and dips and having a nice meal.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm gonna be posting on this site

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm going to spend the evening watching the second season of Twin Peaks ("owls are not what they seem") hoping to finish it by the time...
Some 10 years ago I got this bottle of wine, nothing special, just a nice red one, which I promised myself to consume after the 21st - and that's what I'm going to do afterwards...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Been invited to one tonight. I'm a tad perplexed by the proposed post apocalyptic fancy dress though.
Don't think I'll bother. Don't really fancy spending Doomsday with a massive hangover.

top topics

join