It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about big breasted Chickens for a while

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Dear Sir in light of your titillating thread title,

May I suggest you avail yourself of a nice plump cock.

I'll get my coat.

With no background image for reference, you can't tell if that is a big co.... ah, never mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Never even thought about their attitudes. Don't need crabby chickens attacking us when we walk around.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yeah, I clicked it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Got told to change the title by a mod. Oh well, got the information I needed anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I'm probably not much help but I thought all leg meat was dark and all breast/wing meat was white no matter the breed of the chicken. Could be wrong though.

We're raising Wyandotte's here though, only got them this spring and they just started producing eggs. Hopefully they taste good too lol.

ETA: Didn't realize I responded to Sprocket instead of the OP, oops.
edit on 12/17/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

We have had a tremendous increase in the amount of people raising chickens around here in the last few years. Is it about the same in the area you are in?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Every muscle on an animal has a different chemical makeup. Even the percentages of Omega 3 and Omega 6 is different depending on where it is on the animal. Every muscle tastes different because of the different chemistry they have. I did a lot of studying on that to see why they taste so different.

Meh, they all taste like chicken

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We had some black jersey giants that we ate.

Check your area's laws to make sure slaughter is legal in your area. It's a bit grey here, they are trying to make it illegal to have anything but hens and no slaughter....

Anyway, lots of meat on those birds. HUGE breasts, legs, and thighs.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

:-) that's ok. I'm partial to a nice bit of leg, too.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I have over five acres and am allowed to have chickens and even pigs. I never thought about slaughtering them, it's about four hundred feet to the nearest house though so I doubt if the neighbors will mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Aggressiveness also plays a big part in how well they get along with each other. Two rival roosters of an aggressive breed may do serious damage or even kill one another when they come in contact.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
S & F for posting a thread that isn't about guns, 2012 or politics.

Maybe talk to the local butcher in your area for some tips.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
If you are going to do backyard flock / free range you should end up with a decent amount of dark meat. More exercise usually should equal more dark meat.

On the farm we'd gotten various different breeds over years and nature took its course. What we ended up with was the chicken version of a mutt. A basic "all around" chicken that was well suited to a (mostly) free range life on that farm. It was hardy, usually laid brown eggs, did good in the pot and had plenty of dark meat. Its looks would vary a bit..

What Frog says - we have over 100 free range hens all the time and when they get past thier peak laying time we cull them. Rhode Island Red and Buff Orphingtons mostly with a few Barred Rock for good measure. I find the meat to be excellent despite the age of the birds. The free range lifestyle is what does it IMO.

All that said the birds are smaller - we roast two instead of one for a family of three.

edit on 17/12/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am S&F'ing you just because of your title! It got my attention....

LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Got told to change the title by a mod. Oh well, got the information I needed anyway.

So you chickened out on chickens?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by HumansEh
Dear Sir in light of your titillating thread title,

May I suggest you avail yourself of a nice plump cock.

I'll get my coat.

With no background image for reference, you can't tell if that is a big co.... ah, never mind.

nah, with the cone and coloring, it's an adult Rhode Island Red, so it's pretty big

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

So you chickened out on chickens?

This isn't the first time "Chicks" got me in trouble. Sometimes it is better to "Chicken" out when challenged by real authority

edit on 17-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
go with ducks all dark meat there and much funner to watch

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The laying hens have a great taste when made into soup. I have read that the older the chicken the more medicinal value to it in the chicken soup. I have my own recipe that can knock most colds out within a few days. A few modifications to my original way of making the soup has made it work better, changes I found from researching others recipes and looking at research that has been done by different organizations studying this subject. I was surprised to find there was so much scientific studies done on chicken soup. I guess they were trying to disprove it worked but couldn't. Funny that this is not widely publicized, you have to look for the research to find it. Dr Oz should run something on his show.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I get some bad gas off ducks and geese. My wife might make me sleep in the coop and the gas may make the ducks mean. I'll stick to chicken. Duck eggs are great, we got some from the Coop. A little hard to break the shells though and the white is a little more tough than chicken eggs..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join