It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to say good by to semi auto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
as the days go by the top NRA backers will get on the Assault weapons ban ,ie. semi autos here is just the start of it news.yahoo.com... from the link

Manchin said past debates about assault weapons have been shut down over a fear of destroying Second Amendment rights. But the senator said last Friday's shooting changed all that. "The massacre of so many innocent children has changed—has changed America. We've never seen this happen," Manchin said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Manchin issued criticism of assault weapons, saying, "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about."
if he is saying it then there will be others , and with that .. no more semi autos for John Q public.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
All i'm going to say about this topic, is if they ban assault rifles.....take them away from the military, cops, not just civilians. A ban is a ban and then that means military rifles as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
as the days go by the top NRA backers will get on the Assault weapons ban ,ie. semi autos here is just the start of it news.yahoo.com... from the link

Manchin said past debates about assault weapons have been shut down over a fear of destroying Second Amendment rights. But the senator said last Friday's shooting changed all that. "The massacre of so many innocent children has changed—has changed America. We've never seen this happen," Manchin said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Manchin issued criticism of assault weapons, saying, "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about."
if he is saying it then there will be others , and with that .. no more semi autos for John Q public.

He is doing what he does best. Lying. He believed what he is saying before the shooting and probably had a grin on his face all day as it happened knowing how he could use it for political advantage. He wants you to believe that the only purpose for guns is for hunting and has nothing to do with freedom. He hopes you believe him and then they can set out to accelerate the take over. Traitors. Traitors.. all of them.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lets ban gasoline too, I can make molotov cocktails in like 2minutes

Lets just be safe and ban fire too
edit on 17-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Never gonna happen .. at least not within the next 20 years.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

and kitchen knives, since it was used in china to kill students, oh and alcohol since people drive drunk, and vehicles used in robberies, and kill people as well. :-)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yep. The repercussions from this will be equivalent to 9/11, all the laws that were slammed through without even allowing Congress to read them, "for our own good" of course.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
he doesn't know anyone who use "assault weapons" for sporting or hunting eh? He must not know many shooters and never been out to a range on a Saturday afternoon. Almost every station with people has at least ONE 'black gun' at our large controlled range here and most have a couple. Heck....Gun Manufacturers were backlogged on AR- platforms for most of 2008 clear into part of 2010. I haven't been around to buy anything since then so for all I know, they may still be backlogged.

They can produce an enormous number per month between the half dozen companies that produce a variant of the AR-15 rifle. That means...these have been selling by the thousands...month in, month out now since Obama was a candidate and people read his statements as an Illinois Senator.

Good luck with all that assault weapon ban stuff at this point.
There are more 'black guns' than there are literally Law Enforcement officers in the United States capable of confiscating one of them. After all, there are a couple hundred thousand cops in America...TOTAL. That is Local, State and Federal combined. There are a total of 3-4 million firearms in Law enforcement and military hands in this nation. There are 120 MILLION firearms in private hands.

We won't have ANYTHING banned unless we CHOOSE to comply with it and that's a flat statement of numerical fact. The math doesn't exist...on any level...to even joke about FORCING this issue. if Americans are disarmed..it's because they chose to allow it...and if that comes? I truly am in a nation different than I was born in.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I plan on using my AR-15 to hunt Javelina this coming season. Does that make me a bad guy? I am required to use a 5 round magazine though.
edit on 12/17/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Did you for get the Brady bill it became law , even thou it did no good it still was law, so do not say not going to happen , the better question is , what good will it do? the answer is price will go up, more types to choose from, and no more lost clips.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It is possible that although we, the law abiding, gun owning citizens of this country believe that the ban will not happen because 'people' will not permit it to happen, that a law banning these weapons will be passed without our consent?

Look at the Obama Care Bill, the Federal Reserve Act and numerous other bills which became law without the consent of the people.

Can we truly believe that our representatives will uphold our liberties any longer and that even if a good majority stand with us that they will not do as they did with Obama Care?

I am not posting to start any argument or dissent among the people here, but voicing my beliefs that those in power will use this crisis for their own agenda.

If not, how will we prevent them from banning them?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

And no exemptions for body guards of Mayors (Bloomberg) and Senators (Feinstein), etc....then see if they still want it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Completely agree there, if you ban it for us you ban it for themselves also.

I remember back in school when i would eat something ans the teacher goes "you better have enough for the whole class" basically meaning if i can eat, the whole class can.... therefore if they are allowed to possess them, so are we.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by scottromansky

And no exemptions for body guards of Mayors (Bloomberg) and Senators (Feinstein), etc....then see if they still want it.

Bloomberg is a piece of human trash worth 25 * B I L L I O N * dollars in PERSONAL worth. He isn't AMONG the 1%, that man DEFINES the 1%, personally. I'd say he's in the top 5-10 humans on Earth for total wealth.....and yet he's an authority people are trusting to listen to in good faith? Lol... Oookay. I give up even paying attention to some of those who complain about the SUPER Rich and the 1%...then point to garbage like HIM as someone with something worth listening to.

Bloomers will happily ban EVERYONE else's weapon...but you can bet HIS guards not only have weapons, they are likely full automatic type weapons of the SS variety. I really doubt he trusts his life to the weapons and shooting skills that peppered Times Square with wild fire by his own cops for a suspect that wasn't even moving at the time. Naww..... He'll stay HEAVILY armed, I'm sure. He's special after all...laws don't apply at his level.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilaughatstupiddems

Your post is just what they want to read, more reason they will pass a law banning semi autos, keep giving them fuel, they like it er no, they love it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Do you think that would happen ??????? that would be telling the police or mil "no you can not have full auto nor more than 10 rounds on you, you can not have shot guns nor have m4's nor have a 9mm pistol." you can have a bolt action rifle 6 shot pistol, 38 nothing bigger, and no spare ammo.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes, getting rid of semi-autos would make a huge difference because, as we all know, criminals are good, god fearing, law abiding citizens.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
grab a seat and then a pen to write too your sen/ con/ and NRA for the shoe is a but to droop or should i say hammer on the right to own AR and there variants as well as mag capacity news.yahoo.com...

Carney said Obama was "actively supportive" of legislation to reinstate a ban on assault-style weapons that expired in 2004. The president long has supported a ban, but exerted little effort to get it passed during his first term. Obama also would support closing a gun show loophole allowing people to buy arms from private dealers without background checks and would be interested in legislation limiting high-capacity ammunition magazines, Carney said.

The policy process Obama was announcing Wednesday was expected to include input from the departments of Justice, Education, and Health and Human Services. The heads of those agencies met with Obama at the White House on Monday.

The Department of Homeland Security is also expected to play a key role in the effort the president will announce.
still wondering why DHS needed 500,000 rounds... do i really need to explain.

new topics

top topics

join