Turn The Japan Forum Into "The Nuclear Forum"?

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Anyone visiting the Japan Forum will quickly learn there is almost no topics about japanese politics, culture, the tsunami, or reconstruction unless it is connected to the Fukushima reactors. Meanwhile there is, and always will be much interest in all things radioactive here on ATS.
There are dangerous reactors the world over, there are small and major accidents both past and present. And then there is the new nuclear technology -promising to be safe, but will it, this time?

So I for one would welcome a Nuclear Forum where all topics radioactive are welcome (regardless if it's Japan, America, Russia, France or indeed Ancient Nuclear War).

Does anyone else think it's time for this improvement?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think that is a very good idea.

I mean,the only one still really going is the mega thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I personally feel that to make the Japan Forum into the Nuclear Forum would be inappropriate, since there is more to Japan than its periodic exposure to large amounts of radiation.

First, as we all know, Japan is on an active fault line and affected by quakes on a fairly regular basis. This makes it interesting from the point of veiw of geological studies, and in terms of the technological development of Japans anti quake building techniques (dont laugh. If you know anything worth knowing about these things you will know that the most advanced systems ever developed to counter shaking are designed and used in Japan).

Second of all, Japan is the most technologically developed nation on Earth right now. The psychology and ideaology of Japanese people make them perfectly adapted to the idea of animatronic and even AI robotics, something which, if not exactly ready to go now, is in the pipes. Thier ability to give objects personality as a cultural convention, allows them to accept the idea of interacting with robotic intelligences as a concept, far easier than your average westerner. This means that this is the nation to watch when one is concerned with the evolution of self aware, self ambulating, androids.

Thier animation studios make some of the most highly acclaimed animations on the face of the planet, including Ghost In The Shell, and the works of Studio Ghibli, as well as many other uncountable classics over the years. These are informed by the aforementioned affinity with the potential of technology, and also by a rich cultural heritage, ages old. These make Japan a focus for animated art, for all true fans of the genre.

That culture is one as rich in blood and romance as any on the planet, and depicted in film, wood block paintings, and in verse, in some of the most achingly beautiful detail that one could hope to see. This culture is steeped in some of the most intricate and subtle codes of honour and etiquette known to diplomacy. From the Emperors of old, to the way business is conducted now, that cultural echo of old times is still with the nation today, and is unique and wonderful, as it is confusing and obsfucatory. For those interested in sociology, there is an awful lot to chew on here.

Furthermore, Japans feudal system heirarchy was enforced by some of the greatest sword techniques, in both weilding and forging, that have EVER been devised. The Samurai and the steel they carried are some of the most legendary in history, and the Ninja and thier ways, some of the most shadowy and mysterious. These enigmatic forces both operated in Japan, as different as they are similar, and all concentrated onto a fairly small nation, by landmass at least. There are so many legends about the nation and the way its history unfolded, that one could study for a lifetime, and learn only the history of a very small region of the country, so historically speaking the nation is a trove of treasures.

And the fun doesnt stop there, because Japans history also contains a criminal element (as does near enough every great nations history) and thiers is a doozy. The Yakuza are a crime syndicate, who are so secretive and organised, that it is hard to say when they began thier existence. They are however secretive, a very storied group of people. They have some of the strictest codes of "honour" of any crime syndicate that we know of today. Even the Italian mafia dont quite compare in some respects, so for criminologists, and those interested in the darker nature of the heart, Japan offers even these some intellectual nourishment.

With everything from ghost stories to chill the heart, to techno thrillers to excite the mind, martial arts to stretch the body, and origami to calm it, Japan has an awful lot going for it, in terms of its depth and breadth of interest for the outsider. For these reasons, and probably several hundred I have forgotten to add, I feel it would be somewhat ridiculous to change the Japan Forum into the Nuclear forum. Japan has more going on, than the number of rads on its counter.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Get off the nukes and into free energy.
Tell the poor Illuminati led people to take only one ounce of gold and make a wire
50 miles long to pick up ELF Earth vibrations for power generation.
Tell me it ain't so.
ELF power exists in some location but could go world wide.
edit on 12/18/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I thought the only reason the Japan forum existed was because of Fumushima... We don't have an Irish board. I can't tell if this thread is a joke.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Get off the nukes and into free energy.
Tell the poor Illuminati led people to take only one ounce of gold and make a wire
50 miles long to pick up ELF Earth vibrations for power generation.
Tell me it ain't so.
ELF power exists in some location but could go world wide.
edit on 12/18/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

I'm on it,man.
Buying one tomorrow.
www.zephyrtechnology.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I thought the only reason the Japan forum existed was because of Fumushima... We don't have an Irish board. I can't tell if this thread is a joke.

I think it should have been named the Japan Nuclear disaster,much like the Deepwater disaster in the gulf forum.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is typical Illuminati wrong way science.
ELF waves are already free to generate power not make more ELF and
wasting Illuminati power.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
TrueBrit I am not denying there is more to Japan than dangerous nuclear reactors. But the board is not being used for many of the things you talk about.

Also: There’s much more to Asia than there is to Japan (especially with Japan being part of Asia!) so if you wanted to discuss Japanese culture, then an “Asian Culture Forum” would bring together more like minds & like subjects.
However rightfully or wrongly (and probably wrongfully) I doubt an “Asian Culture Forum” would generate anything like the interest a “Atomic Forum” would.

TeslaandLyne & kdog1982 I agree a free energy forum is also a great idea. I’d name it: The “Suppressed Science Forum” as there’s also experiments into other things like homeopathy & psychokinesis which is allegedly being suppressed for near identical reasons (either it goes against scientific dogma-consensus, or it also challenges powerful commercial interests).

Personally: I tend to think (that realistically) there is almost zero chance of any technology, that challenges commercial energy interests in too big a way will get off the ground, unless it will always be controlled by corporations as opposed to households. But I am interested in these technologies anyway, as are most ATS people interested in “suppressed science”.
The forum would be a good divider, in that it enables the existing Science & Technology forum to concentrate wholly on the mainstream, whilst giving the other, equally as interesting topics, a place where they would not get buried-squashed by such MS topics.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Basically no one listened to Tesla that was allowed to speak.
The authorities have the last word and big money pays them to suppress what
will undo their happiness and freedom.

Free energy for saucer ships, from aliens or Tesla take your pick.

I know you and others care less just like warmongers do not want their gun
shells exploded by Tesla rays. Read a little Tesla and see why we and Japan
must suffer. Freedom has been lost my friend and its easy to point out how
and why.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well the problem is experts are vying to be the best at determining the
atomic policy for Japan on the net and ATS forums.
I think they even get graded by company or government officials.
So for them ATS is not a waste of time.

Hear this, the E-Cat system was overunity or free energy in other
words but relied on the Lyne Principle which can be hotter and
provide very hot steam to run turbines for electrical generation.

There are many free energy systems waiting in the wings when the
power brokers desire to bring them out. The many atomic experts
will be looking for power positions whenever possible so why not
here. We can't stop the experts from invading forums for their
knowledge of aliens or UFOs or any thing else.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The world should have been using "free energy" for over a 100 years, but they couldn't put a meter on it, so off it went to the black vaults of the MIC

new topics
top topics

join