It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credo "March on the NRA"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Occurred at noon EST today. Would have expected higher turnout being in hoplophobic DC and all.

pics

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm going to say, i'd make sure I was armed before I marched on the NRA.

Pretty small turnout. I wonder how many NRA members there are in that area?
edit on 17-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I wonder how many NRA members there are in that area?

If I had to wager a guess I'd say the number would be significantly smaller than the number of gun-grabbers.

Granted it was an "emergency" march but the population density is so high there it shouldnt have been difficult to get a couple of thousand to show up rather than a couple hundred (they state "hundreds" in attendance).

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What's the point of this march? The very concept that "marching on" the NRA is going to effectively help their cause in any way, shape, or form is fallacious. I don't understand this mentality in the least.

Guns aren't the issue, the issue IMO is the sheer amount of mentally ill people we have in America who do not have access to therapy or medication......

CREDO is simply reactionary and short sighted.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
These people are clueless. This gun debate is pointless. They might try to take them. But they won't be able to.. How about these people go to work or do something with their lives. Leave everyone else alone. I guess these are the same type of people that say we should open the borders and give everyone welfare. Be a free thinking American!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, I was a member of the NRA for quite a while but quit because they were pushing members to back irrational policies. Precedence is used by our legal system a lot to interfere with our rights and I am skeptical of allowing the government start enacting rules, But I am not going to back the NRA anymore unless they help to solve the problem with these deranged individuals doing these mass killings we have been having. They have many members and I am sure that they also have some members that are irrational. I used to be proud of the NRA but not after meeting some of their new crazy members around here a while back, you would think they would require some standards to join their organization. When I belonged to the NRA I assumed they did but I guess anyone is allowed to join.....as long as they donate.

We have to make guns inaccessible to the people who would use them to kill innocent people though. These mentally disturbed people need to somehow be identified and their guns moved out of their reach at least till they get better. I cannot see this being done successfully without the public and local police working together. Just because someone was a judge or professor doesn't mean their rational enough to carry a gun either, we cannot use social status to effectively control this. We need to examine this uniformly.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sorry, but I think the turnout was so small due to members out purchasing whatever they can before any bans are implemented. I was in the local gun shop today and had to wait an hour just to speak with someone. Every, and I mean every single person in the store said almost exactly the same thing, and that is get what you can while you can before it's banned.

Needless to say the owners looked very pleased by the turnout and I didn't see one person walk out the door empty handed while I was there.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Arrest them all for treason.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Sorry, but I think the turnout was so small due to members out purchasing whatever they can before any bans are implemented. I was in the local gun shop today and had to wait an hour just to speak with someone. Every, and I mean every single person in the store said almost exactly the same thing, and that is get what you can while you can before it's banned.

Needless to say the owners looked very pleased by the turnout and I didn't see one person walk out the door empty handed while I was there.

Disregard my previous post because I totally misread the OP.

new topics

top topics

join