It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Area 51 secret?

page: 1

join
share:
Xon

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have heard that area 51 was never classified as secret. But the us goverment did not like to talkt about it. Can someone fiend out if this is tru? Of corse what is going on in the base is secret and but is it paper on that the base is classified as top secret? This internet site: www.dreamlandresort.com... claim that the base was never secret.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Xon]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What goes on at the base is secret. I don't believe its existence was officially acknowledge until circa 1996, when the Clinton administration admitted its existence as part of settling a related lawsuit. Someone, who worked there, sued the military claiming he inhaled hazardous chemicals while working at Area 51. The EPA also found toxic chemicals around there. However, Clinton pardoned it all away so not much was disclosed.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Clinton and his country got sued by a worker , whom won , and the base is still classed as secret just its existance is not

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Area 51 is and was a secret. This is the reason that you can't find an Official name for the base, and why it's not listed on maps. If you look at the history of the base, it has never been included on any unclassified Official registry of US Department of Defense facilities.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It doesnt officially exist, Area 51 is (to the general public) not a secret but what goes on inside is definately a secret.

Iv always thought that it could not be a base for testing secret military aircraft because there are so many people watching it, theres even one man who watches the airspace around Area 51 Every Day! So if it were for top secret aircraft testing im sure someone would have spotted a flying saucer or aurora flying out of Area 51.

Xon

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Area 51 is just a old name where the base is. A pilot calld the base dreamland and the first owner calld it watertown. But I am not sure what the real name is. We youst call it area 51. Go to this site www.dreamlandresort.com... and click on News and events then latest updates then to this article: It's No Secret - Area 51 was Never Classified. It is very interesting. I think it is true that "area51" was never classified. Read on that page it is really good. And it make sense. If you have seen some serious movies about area 51 thay say it's real name. And you can fiend it on some maps. Of corse what's going on inside is secret. but the base itself.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Xon]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

If you look at the history of the base, it has never been included on any unclassified Official registry of US Department of Defense facilities.

That's because technically, it's "owned" by EG&G, a private company, who leases it for government and contractor use. So of course it wouldn't be listed as a base... What better way to keep it secret, than to have it appear to be of the private sector? Anyhow, with all of the recent landgrabs, it'll stay secretive, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just a note from your friendly neighborhood Mod. This area has been covered numerous times here on ATS. Some of the threads include:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your thoughts and comments to any or all of these and other threads. This thread will be closed.

Thanks
FredT

top topics

join