It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday 2012: Watch the 'End of the World' Live Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
For all doomsday believers! This Friday!! I don't believe it personally but it will be nice to watch. Will you be watching?

Anyone worried that the world will come to an end Friday (Dec. 21) can scan the heavens online this week for any signs of death from above. The online Slooh Space Camera will broadcast a series of live cosmic views all week, beginning today (Dec. 17). The free webcasts will help the public keep watch for any monster solar storms, impending asteroid strikes or other potential agents of the so-called "Mayan apocalypse" that doomsayers claim is set for Friday.

"Rather than merely offer scientists' dismissals of the many silly doomsday scenarios that have now been heard by almost everyone in the world, and which have reportedly produced panic in Russia, Slooh will take a 'let's see for ourselves' attitude," Astronomy Magazine columnist Bob Berman, who will participate in the shows, said in a statement.

Doomsday 2012: Watcth the 'End of the World' live
edit on 17-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lol, thats pretty cool. Even space.com is getting into the "spirit" of the end of the world

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How are we supposed suppose to watch it when NASA already confirmed that there would be a three days of darkness upon us all starting December 21, 2012?

If I could, I'd be on ATS all day long but I might end up sitting in front of a candle and meditate after all.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
How are we supposed suppose to watch it when NASA already confirmed that there would be a three days of darkness upon us all starting December 21, 2012?

LMAO source please?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheProphetMark

this is not going to happen. no darkness.. not unless you get drunk and forget to switch the lights on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

NASA confirmed 3 days of darkness???

Link please becasue this is not true.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If I could, I'd be on ATS all day long but I might end up sitting in front of a candle and meditate after all.

I don't know if NASA said anything about it. But at least three days of darkness happen every year up in Alaska if that helps

edit on 17-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

LMAO source please?

I've been duped. Ugh, if you want to believe something enough you're abound to turn an blind eye towards ignorance but I should be denying my own ignorance and I apologize for not doing that.

Question

I want to know how much truth is there in the myth of "the three days of darkness" that could fall on the earth. AND May I know if galactic alignment will occur this year? Some people say it will cause massive earthquake, tsunami, meteor impact. They say that this galactic alignment happens just once every 26,000 years.

My recent questions about the doomsday hoax have included many references to three days of darkness and to a galactic alignment that happens once every 26,000 years. Both of these ideas are false. The “three days of darkness” went viral on the internet when someone forged a document saying that NASA had confirmed this would happen in the last week of December.

David Morrison
Astrobiology Senior Scientist
December 14, 2012

Source

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
S&F! I been wondering if there will be anything like this.

Someone in the thread about "Rainbow Serpent Energy" said something like, "a researcher is opening something in one of the mayan pyramids on Dec. 21, 2012. There will be a live broadcast online."

The guy never provided a link.

But yeah, stuff like this.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Unless it isn't a reference to darkness in the sense of day and night so much as a reference to three sequential days of truly 'dark' acts being committed. Nice how those three days lead up to Christmas Eve and some of the busiest times for travel and people gathering in public places.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

it's all good.. we've all been there and I do appreciate a person who can say.. I was wrong i do apologize.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I thought there was going to be a live broadcast of a load of ceremonies for 24 hours with lots of Mayan dudes and stuff, can't find the link now, nor any reference to it. It was something Drunvalo related, there was a website, I checked it out. Either my searching skills are defunkt, or it is no more.

Fridays are usually a busy day for me, so it's doubtful that I'd get a chance to see any of it anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
SLOOH Space Cam doesn't seem to be loading anything for me, either in Chrome or IE.

events.slooh.com...

Anybody else having trouble? In the center of the screen it just says "Connecting..." perpetually.

Also, are the notes on the right side ("other events") supposed to be clickable? I see an arrow button out of place that leads me to NASA's nonsense but that's it. Even the arrows above the circle in the middle do nothing.

C'mon people, I'm missing the end of the world!!
This only happens once in every great while!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think the live cast stopped for a little bit. Any ustream videos?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sounds kinda boring to me. I'd rather watch a live feed with drunk people making fools of themselves.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Your post my friend should be made into a t-shirt!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
sod it why not
i will be watching
its my birthday aswell

then if anything does happen i can atleast see it first hand

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

With our luck it'll be biological and/or nuclear warfare.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

C'mon people, I'm missing the end of the world!! This only happens once in every great while!!!
reply to post by anjuna

Yep only every 26,000 years

top topics

join