It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malfunctions put search for life beneath the Antarctic glaciers on ice: Broken down drill delays Bri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The thread i made about the British team's mission to lake Ellsworth has hit a snag

original thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...

A British team toiling beneath Antarctica's midnight sun to drill down to a lake buried beneath two miles of ice have had their attempts frustratingly delayed by malfunctions.

Twelve scientists from the British Antarctic Survey have worked around the clock over the past fortnight to bore 10,000ft down to ice-locked Lake Ellsworth to collect samples of water and sediment.

They hope to find unique microbial life forms there which have been isolated for at least 100,000 years - and probably much longer.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just imagine they release some killer super virus.....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nyancat

we can hope

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I hope the British are more forthcoming than the Russians. For all I've heard about Lake Vostok since their breakthrough period came and went, you'd think they just packed up and abandoned the place entirely. I guess they don't figure we need to know how all that turned out down there. Grrr.... Here is hoping England is a bit more open on discoveries deep beneath the ice.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It would be very interesting to see what is down there. I hope that they are able to continue without too many further troubles.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They maby found a deadly bactiria that could be used as a potenticeal weapon so keeping under wrap's,
or dont want to panic the masses,.

or..www.newscientist.com...
news.discovery.com...

or (joke)

edit on 17-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join