It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caucasions Living in Ancient China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I'd like to say that these caucasians in central asia are most likely predecessors of the turkic people. Turkic people are a mixture of asiatic and caucasian. This might be when the caucaisian influenced got into the current turkic people. These people might be the people that link the altaic people with the finno-ugurians. Although i think the difference between finno-ugurian and altaic is too small to call them different language groups.

I'd like to say that more people should study D.N.A. migration patterns before making statements about races

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Came across this report today which suggest's that there was a trade of technology and ideas between western cultures and china well before the silk road routes were established.

radioaustralia

Wheat grains nearly 5,000 years old found at a Chinese archaeological site two years ago, have revealed that western man travelled to China much earlier than previously thought ...........snip.......... "The clothing they wore was of a style that was only recognised from Turkey and areas like that, so this seems to be pretty strong evidence that there were people making that journey east 4,000 years ago," he said.

Transcript of interview

mojo

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
"1934 by a Swedish explorer, but virtually no work was done on them over the next more than six decades.
In 2003, a Chinese team started digging in the area, finding 33 tombs and nearly 1,000 relics"

Strange how the Swedish explorer had nothing major or fascinating to report??? and did "no work" on them. Of course we have to be careful there is a-lot of propaganda that comes from china that is influenced by strict a communist government.

Although i conclude the Mongols and the Chinese have been neighbors with Russia and have historically fought many wars and have interacted with the Russians which would explains Russia's oriental heritage.

Mongols had conquered and occupied Russia for centuries many russian women were captured by Mongol raiders and kept as wives or slaves this was told to be by a Russian friend of mine.

In fact the Russian "alphabets" look very similar to Chinese, Japanese and Korean pictographs as opposed to most ancient Arabian and European runes(alphabets). Also Russian Bakshir and the Siberians that live in Russia have oriental features. Russians in general also have smaller more slanted eyes than most Europid large and round eyes.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by cosmicpancakes]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpancakes

The Cyrillic alphabet were influenced by the Greek Alphabet.
2nd line.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

The Cyrillic alphabet were influenced by the Greek Alphabet.
2nd line.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

If you are connecting the Cyrillic Greek alphabet to the Russian oriental pictographs you are wrong the very early ancient Greeks never even encountered russian tribes.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You're understanding Romantic Rebel's comment the wrong way round.
Nobody suggests the Greeks got their alphabet from the Russians.
The point is that the Russians got their alphabet from the mediaeval Greeks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks for explaining my comment. The Cyrillic Alphabet was named for St. Cyril, although there is some dispute as to whether this is the alphabet he invented or not. Cyril was a Greek monk who, with Methodius, brought written language to Christian converts in the mid-9th century (c.860) in what is now Russia. The Cyrillic alphabet is closely based on the Greek alphabet, with about a dozen additional letters invented to represent Slavic sounds not found in Greek.

In Russia, Cyrillic was first written in the early Middle Ages in clear-cut, legible ustav (large letters). Later a succession of cursive forms developed. In the early eighteenth century, under Peter the Great, the forms of letters were simplified and regularized, with some appropriate only to Greek being removed. Further unnecessary letters were expunged in 1918, leaving the alphabet as it is today—still in use in many Slavic Orthodox countries.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

You're understanding Romantic Rebel's comment the wrong way round.
Nobody suggests the Greeks got their alphabet from the Russians.
The point is that the Russians got their alphabet from the mediaeval Greeks.

I never said that Greeks got their alphabet from the Russians. If you actually READ my post. I said that the Russians could not have gotten their alphabet from the Ancient Athenians because they NEVER ENCOUNTERED any Russian barbarians from the caucasus. The Russians spent more time interacting and fighting wars with their oriental neighbors. The russians were more influenced by their Chinese neighbors which is why you see so many orientals in East Russia. Many many Chinese and Mongolians have Russian lastnames ever wonder why?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by cosmicpancakes]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Wow. This thread just made me really sad. For two reasons. One, William One Sac no longer being here.

And two, no flags for a really cool thread! Mummies are awesome, people. Flag the science threads too so that they get some attention.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks for explaining my comment. The Cyrillic Alphabet was named for St. Cyril, although there is some dispute as to whether this is the alphabet he invented or not. Cyril was a Greek monk who, with Methodius, brought written language to Christian converts in the mid-9th century (c.860) in what is now Russia. The Cyrillic alphabet is closely based on the Greek alphabet, with about a dozen additional letters invented to represent Slavic sounds not found in Greek.
www.pbs.org... [/quotwww.abovetopsecret.com...]

Everything you are saying is true assuming that Russians are "slavs" which they are not Russians are oriental. Ancient slavs lived around the areas of Hungary, Poland, Austria, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany not Russia. Missionaries from Slavic nations went to russia in an attempt to Christianize them. If you notice Russian warfare they fought more like oriental tartars rather than the broadsword using European Slav barbarians. There is a area in Russia called Kazan which is know as Russia's true capital where you see many orientals.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I do notice many Eurasians look a cross between Asian and European. Country's near Russia and China have people which look like they're White but they have Asian features. I wonder if the Native people of Australia are related to these people.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Within some of the ethnic minorities even today in China's far northwest, some of them look more caucasian than Asian or Chinese. Some could even pass for outright westerners without too much effort - as they have lineage related more to Turkish & Russian ancestry than anything else.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by cloudbreak]

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

reply to post by Epsillion70

Actually these mummies have now been proven to be defacto european Celts. This was verified using DNA profiling, textile examination by ancient textile experts, and tool analysis.
So there you have it: europeans brought technology and civilzation to the Chinese thousands of years before the first chinese dynasty. I bet the chinese communist party hates these mummies!! Lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join