It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Rant #8675309

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have held my tongue past these gun threads which are becoming so numerous and repetitive that they should have numbers assigned to them.

this thread is a reply I also put in
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but I figured I'd contribute my 2c to the insanity around here.

Anyway...the entirety of the subject is becoming a bit of a flame for the moth of insanity.

I personally am sick of repeating the same talking points over and over again to what appears to be a def crowd. You can rationally and logically destroy every talking point someone may have...but they will continue on with those same exact talking points...as if you never said anything, as if they are educating you, and as if its the first time you have ever heard it...

lot of people regurgitating lots of the same stuff at people who aren't listening...it begins to look like a group of insane people stuck in a cycle of talking to themselves...because there sure as hell isn't any "progress" being made here...there is no compromise...this isn't even dialogue...it's gone south of a discussion and has all the hallmarks of lunacy.

its all about the guns....its all about the guns...

people who aren't even in this country keep repeating this completely ignorant of the FACT and REALITIES of the world...the facts that these atrocities happen in "gun free zones" goes COMPLETELY over their heads...the facts that gun laws/regulation has increased phenomenally over the past 30 years and consequently so has the occurrence of mass shootings...but they glaze over this factual reality...they dismiss it, it doesn't enter their brain it bounces completely off their head and the continue to make the same fantasy land points over and over again...

they fail to see the failure of gun laws and instead adopt a completely fantasy filled illusion of a world where the gun was defeated by laws...they are in essence trying to un-invent the gun...and are so miserably hopeless to see that as an sad exercise in futility...

They are so miserably desperate for a "solution" that they would do the first irrational thing that comes to their mind JUST so they can say...."we'll at least were doing something about it..." and in the criticism of their illogical, irrational insanity they default to "should we just do nothing??" as if the absolutely only option on the table is an exercise in futility...eliminating the gun.

You can present any number of rational, logical, and most of all PRACTICAL solutions to the issue and they will nod their heads and go back to talking about the ever so fabled boogie man..."the gun"...

I find it funny when people demonize the gun as the culprit behind the worlds problems yet expect and are relieved when people with guns (police) show up and save the day...

I just can't handle the insanity of it all anymore...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
guns don't make us free..just as they don't kill people. A gun is a tool and its use is determined by people...It takes action by someone behind that gun that makes it a tool for freedom...or a tool of oppression.

outlawing them will strictly make them a tool for oppression and at that stage freedom-fighters would all be criminals.

100% of all crimes are committed by people who are breathing...I say we implement air-free zones and regulate the breathing of air so that criminals will obey these laws and not commit crimes...
Maybe if we ban air all together we can ensure our safety as we will know that those criminals won't be alive to commit crimes...

this is the anti-gun logic 101 and in the above situation that legislation leave you either a criminal or dead...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You can try and persuade people that a tool for killing, and only killing, should remain legal but many people realize that a tool for killing is not some toy for the masses to buy.
You can churn up the numbered facts all you wish, one fact remains: People are using guns to kill other people, due to societal pressures they cannot handle and that continue to increase over the years.

Now with that said, your ok with people toting guns with the increasing mental illnesses we see coming up due to the societal pressures?

If so, go find an island with all your gun toting friends and live on it. A majority don't want guns in their world, don't need guns in their world and are not afraid to be without them.

We know the King of England is dead and the need for guns in your home is totally unnecessary in this day and age.
You may want to keep an antiquated law and antiquated way of thinking around, but many wish to evolve beyond the mistakes of the past.

You are right about one thing though: No one will compromise on this, when children are being killed for no reason there is no room for compromise anymore, it's time to take effective immediate action whether you agree or not.

Ask yourself this: If one 5 year old child is saved due to new laws, was the new law worth it?
It's time to choose, life of others or guns. If you choose guns we know where your heart lies and your morals.
edit on 17-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCanuckian

More guns are used to shoot targets and hunt than are used to commit a violent act. 90% of guns will never be used in violence. Guns are used for what the holder intends, that is all. How is taking a citizens gun that has never been used for violence making people safer, do you think the criminals listen to the laws....will they turn in their guns....no they don't listen to gun-free-zone they take advantage of it...
edit on 17-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'd point out.. (for about the 1000th time in 3 days..as the op might note himself) that guns ARE NOT SINGLE PURPOSE ITEMS. They do MORE than simply take life from living things. They are used for MORE than defense or being the one people need to defend against.

Firearms are actually a matter of national heritage, sporting and intense competition.

Of course, I've made this point several times to those who blindly insist a gun has only one use. (and ...you may be the exception..but NOT ONE of those people are among those I've EVER seen say they've ever owned a gun.. go figure the experts on items they've never owned?) Without exception, I've been outright ignored making these points...while others keep merrily saying the same nonsense and spreading the same bad info...sometimes within a couple messages of my own.

I suppose...we're talking AT each other and in many cases, not even reading what is typed in response. That has to be it.... We can't actually have anyone here who can't read. That's an absurd notion, but the only other explanation.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but in my neck of the woods. A gun is used for feeding one's family...as in hunting. If not for having guns to feed families as part of our history, we'd have a lot less people here today. I personally know of at least 8 neighbors that depend on hunting to stock up meat to feed themselves and their families. They can't afford to run down to a grocery store and buy everything they need. They depend on the hunting season up here in the mountains to help keep food on the table.

I also have neighbors, besides me, who have livestock, and depend on guns to keep those animals safe from other predator animals....

Guns do have a place in our society...just not in the hands of unstable people.

Des

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
You can try and persuade people that a tool for killing, and only killing, should remain legal but many people realize that a tool for killing is not some toy for the masses to buy.

The "tool" for killing is a right guaranteed by our Constitution, written by a group of people that had to FIGHT and KILL for their freedom from a tyrannical government.

Guns are NOT for hunting, they are NOT for self-defense. They are for the DEFENSE of FREEDOM. Period. Now is where you tell me that our guns cannot stop the most powerful military in the world.

Here is where I tell you that 80% of those people in the military share my view and belief system. Here is also where I tell you that the people that realized that the only way to protect freedom from tyranny are the same rag-tag group of people that defeated the most powerful military in existence at the time.

Nothing has changed. Millions of armed civilians CAN and WILL stop a tyranny. No number of tanks, helicopters, or drones can stop it. Humans have to operate them. They have to grow the food to feed the war machine, they have to build them, etc.

Now you say, but I live in Europe and we banned guns and we are free! Here is where I tell you that you people in Europe are still enjoying the protection of the United States of America. If you lose the United States of America then tyranny will sweep through your nation faster than Hitler's blitzkrieg.

I too am tired of these stupid debates by ignorant people. If you think 20 kids are bad then just look in to history at what governments did to their own people. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in the past century alone. Maybe after 1000 years of complete peace I might hold your view but people are still alive that were tortured by their own government so we aren't there yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am a believer that "guns don't kill people, people kill people". what happened in sandy hook was a tragedy that probably could have been avoided. banning guns dosen't stop people from being crazy.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You can evolve anywhere you want. It is not about saving one 5 year old. There are more shootings daily for self protection than all of the shootings where crimes are committed. There would be many more deaths without each of us owning our guns than allowing only criminals to own them...and they will have them regardless of what the laws are.

No thank you...I will keep my guns and at least have a chance at protecting my family and my freedom.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

If their bleeding little hearts truely cared as much as they are pretending. They would be going after Big Pharm and their so called mental health drugs. How many of these shooters were on em??? We all know that our illegitmate goverment is in Big Pharms pocket. Instead of the outcry over people with mental health issues being banned from having guns, why the hell are we not addressing the dangers to those that are taking these drugs? Why don't we hold Big Pharm and Washington responsable!

How about the arms trade and the defense contractors that sell weapons to other countries??? Do we hold them accountable for the deaths of thousands of children??

I'll say this much! The illegitament government MIGHT have a chance of taking our weapons, when they lead by example! But as long as they push for a NWO and allow bankers to walk free and corporations to do whatever they choose. There will be hell to pay in this country if these facists think they will be able to do away with the second ammendment! What good is a constitution if we allow it to be destroyed?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here is my 2 cents,,

I need my guns to protect MY family from psychos like this guy that murdered 26 people including 20 5 year olds!!

What happends when a phsyco goes door to door in my neighborhood killing everything he sees?!?!?!
I
Call the police??

edit on 17-12-2012 by viperdave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
many people realize that a tool for killing is not some toy for the masses to buy.
what the hell does this have to do with me? I'm not "the masses" I'm an individual...or do you not believe in that sort of thing?

You can churn up the numbered facts all you wish, one fact remains: People are using guns to kill other people, due to societal pressures they cannot handle and that continue to increase over the years.

What do insane people HAVE TO DO WITH ME?!?!? as an individual? Or are you just going to diagnose me over the internet with an imaginary degree in paranoia JUST so you can justify your crucifixion of the "masses" as insane so you can take away inanimate objects from everyone...

Now with that said, your ok with people toting guns with the increasing mental illnesses we see coming up due to the societal pressures?

no wish to address the mental aspect? no wish to look closer at the ROOT cause? just a desire to rid the world of inanimate objects and let the insanity run amok? Again failing to realize what the real threat is...this same logic would compel you to own nothing so no one can rob you...

If so, go find an island with all your gun toting friends and live on it.

I thought we did that...I thought the 2nd amendment was a pretty good indication of that...

A majority don't want guns in their world, don't need guns in their world and are not afraid to be without them.

Majority? 0.o exactly who the hell are you speaking for? how do you know you are in the "majority"?? and again...wtf does the "majority" or "masses" have to do with me....the individual??

We know the King of England is dead and the need for guns in your home is totally unnecessary in this day and age.

the king isn't dead you and your imagery "majority" took his place trying to force your will upon the world...you are acting no different than a king...fyi

You are right about one thing though: No one will compromise on this, when children are being killed for no reason there is no room for compromise anymore, it's time to take effective immediate action whether you agree or not.

so in other words its time to force your will and paranoia on people who are completely innocent, completely uninvolved in said "incidents" and better yet...force them WITH GUNS!!!! to obey your horrible problem solving skill? sounds logical to me...

Ask yourself this: If one 5 year old child is saved due to new laws, was the new law worth it?
It's time to choose, life of others or guns. If you choose guns we know where your heart lies and your morals.
edit on 17-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

Ask yourself this...if one 5 year old child is saved because his/her parents were armed and capable of protecting him/her...wouldn't you feel like a complete ass for your desire to rid that family of said ability to protect their children?? no you wouldn't...because you have an unhealthy fear for guns, an absolutely horrible ability to problem solve, and even more ridiculous sense of reality and a nose you can't see past to top it off.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'd point out.. (for about the 1000th time in 3 days..as the op might note himself) that guns ARE NOT SINGLE PURPOSE ITEMS. They do MORE than simply take life from living things. They are used for MORE than defense or being the one people need to defend against.

Firearms are actually a matter of national heritage, sporting and intense competition.

Of course, I've made this point several times to those who blindly insist a gun has only one use. (and ...you may be the exception..but NOT ONE of those people are among those I've EVER seen say they've ever owned a gun.. go figure the experts on items they've never owned?) Without exception, I've been outright ignored making these points...while others keep merrily saying the same nonsense and spreading the same bad info...sometimes within a couple messages of my own.

I suppose...we're talking AT each other and in many cases, not even reading what is typed in response. That has to be it.... We can't actually have anyone here who can't read. That's an absurd notion, but the only other explanation.

great reply and is pretty much exactly what I was trying to highlight with this rant...the whole gun discussion is going NOWHERE!!!

new topics

top topics

join