It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Americans have children and own guns.....and are not buying in.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I think the argument against guns is more about the pure ease of lethality guns possess. You point and pull a trigger and meat explodes. A looney with a sword has to get really close and chop a bit and even then the explosive shock to the living system isn't there.

That said, the gun lobby and the rabid owners won't let any meaningful change happen so that every disenfranchised mental case who wants one can obtain a gun.

The paranoid fear about "them wanting to take our guns" doesn't really comfort me about the mental state of certain gun owners.

That said, having a pistol and a dog saved me and mine from a home invasion years ago. Scary stuff. There exist rare threats in this world that very occasionally warrant firearms. But admittedly it's a shortsighted reaction to complex socioeconomic problems.

If we melted them all down the world would be a safer place... until the next bully forged one again, that is.

I'm getting tired of this human thing...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Good morning!

Here is an email I just received and thought about while reading your Op:

Hunter's with guns

Interesting slant on things

The world's largest army...America's hunters!

I had never thought about this... A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin. Allow me to restate that number: Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home safely.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.

The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower . Hunting.... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.. It's a matter of national security.

*************************************** That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought, when next we consider gun control. -------------------------------------

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain... what army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens.

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by monkofmimir

You really think that the liberals in education are going to want their teachers to carry guns? Can you imagine what the union will expect in return...salary increases? I'm not sure what the answer is but it does primarily deal with mental instability...This will happen again and again and again but I hope to god it's not at my kids school...

Some districts in Texas already allow teachers to carry concealed handguns. As for wage benefits, they do it for the love of the job and the children in their care and direction. I do think teachers should be paid more anyhow, and standardized testing should be done away with.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
I have five children. If my children were to be victims like those in the school shooting I would certainly feel the same way as the parents of those children.

Having said that it wouldnt move me one bit to change my 2nd amendment convictions. I and others, many others, are not going to allow the emotions of this event to shape a revision in our views. Knowing that millions have died over the ages fighting for freedom we cant let slip away from us these freedoms and these rights.

Further more I plan to pass down this understanding to my children as many others will do. I salute all who love freedom and the light of truth on this issue.

You equate freedom with a tool of oppression, seems like a strange concept.

Am I not free if I cannot own a gun?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have 4 kids myself including a 7 year old. I also do not support any type of gun ban. Personally I have always wanted to see a security guard or two watching over my kids, but I do not want to see an assault rifle ban in any shape form or fashion!! Personally I think we should have more transferable NFA firearms available..

It seems to me that the last decade or so has seen loss of liberty the likes of which has never been seen in our entire history and it not the time to give an inch when it comes to the second amendment. A well armed populace is all that keeps a tyrannical government from stepping to far upon our liberties etc...

Go to Iraq and ask around if America cares about the lives of kids. Many sources say as many as one million people were killed in Iraq and tens if not hundreds of thousands of the dead were children.. Do you really want to hand over your guns to a government which has in the last decade stripped more liberty from the populace then the entire history of the USA combined? Do you really want to give your guns to a government which kills kids daily?

Maybe it would be different if the USA was not a war mongering country ran by special interest. Do not give an inch!!!
edit on 19-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kingmonkey

You are not free if you cannot own a gun! There is but one reason why a government would deny its citizens the right to defend themselves on equal footing!

Americans right to bear arms comes from our constitution which says that a well armed populace is critical to maintain a free society. It also calls for the toppling of tyrannical government etc..

These are the laws which this country was founded on. They have served us well for 200+ years and we will not peacefully lay down our arms because they are our fail safe against goverment which has overstepped its bounds!

When the US government calls for gun control coupled with the power grabs that have been happening for the past decade or so.. It is very clear where things are headed! We cannot allow it as we must always have the means to put down tyranny!

For all intents and purposes the present well armed American public constitutes the largest armed force in the world! This is the fear factor that keep goverment within its bounds!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is inside the Beltway at its best. Gallup today reflects the Nations view that this is more about Mental Illness, Violence in Culture and Protecting Schools from crazies than about guns.

Democrats miss the point that most Americans have made the decision that we must protect ourselves as D.C. is more concerned with the "rights" of the criminals.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
This is inside the Beltway at its best. Gallup today reflects the Nations view that this is more about Mental Illness, Violence in Culture and Protecting Schools from crazies than about guns.

Democrats miss the point that most Americans have made the decision that we must protect ourselves as D.C. is more concerned with the "rights" of the criminals.

Democrats, Republicans or whoever that calls for limiting the second amendment should be stripped of office! Such a thing is tantamount to treason!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

You are not free if you cannot own a gun! There is but one reason why a government would deny its citizens the right to defend themselves on equal footing!

Americans right to bear arms comes from our constitution which says that a well armed populace is critical to maintain a free society. It also calls for the toppling of tyrannical government etc..

These are the laws which this country was founded on. They have served us well for 200+ years and we will not peacefully lay down our arms because they are our fail safe against goverment which has overstepped its bounds!

When the US government calls for gun control coupled with the power grabs that have been happening for the past decade or so.. It is very clear where things are headed! We cannot allow it as we must always have the means to put down tyranny!

For all intents and purposes the present well armed American public constitutes the largest armed force in the world! This is the fear factor that keep goverment within its bounds!

Firstly, I am not from the US. I didn't want to discuss your constitution and give my opinion without mentioning that first.

From your description of the US government, it reads like a dictatorship in the developing world. So where did it all go wrong?

You seem resigned to there being some form of armed struggle by the American people against the government? Has the democratic process failed so badly that change cannot be affected via the ballot box?

I do not consider myself not to be free because I have no access to guns so I'm interested why some From the US feel this way?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

First off, a true democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. None are truly free we are subject to moral laws drug laws etc.. just like yourself. We Americans are guaranteed certain inalienable rights by our constitution/founding laws.

In the last decade or so power grabs have been made and some of these rights have been stripped away. America is corrupt to the core, but our constitutional rights are supposed to be inalienable rights meaning none have the right to change the laws guaranteed by it etc.. A tyrannical America is a danger to the whole of the world and a well armed American public is all that keeps it in check..

We don't have an armed struggle our constitution/law says that we should be well armed to meet any possible tyranny head on etc.. What would the outcome in Nazi Germany have been if the Jews had been armed to the teeth?

If we abandon the law which our country was founded on then we invite another Hitler to power etc... Elections can be bought in America friend, but at the end of the day none can trespass to far because American citizens constitute the largest armed force on the planet! Would you really like to see a helpless American public? I know that I would not want to see that!

America has killed one million+ in Iraq and how many were children? To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! It is to further a tyranical agenda!

We are not some small nation with no real military might, our armed forces could level all of the world or least bring the entire globe to its knees! A balance of power here at home helps to keep you and your children safe!

If you trust a system which is for sale to the party willing to spend the most to always have your best interests at heart, then you are a fool! I wonder how many Jews trusted that Germany would always have their best interests at heart? Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

You're obviously a passionate citizen which I can appreciate.

A lot of what you say makes a good amount of sense and has certainly enlightened me somewhat.

As an outsider looking in however, I guess I'll never fully understand the American psyche.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey

A lot of what you say makes a good amount of sense and has certainly enlightened me somewhat.

As an outsider looking in however, I guess I'll never fully understand the American psyche.

Thanks for the response.

Underneath the corruption and war mongering we are a moral society. I imagine not unlike yours. We most certainly have problems as our media purports to be the voice of the American people and our elected offices go the persons willing to spend the most money etc.. We hardly have a perfect system of government and foreign and or special interest can and do control policy etc..

The real America does not have a voice, when we vote for a president it a choice between two persons who have been pre selected by corrupt systems. We do however maintain a balance of power by purchasing and keeping all the arms we can get a hold of! It is a silent trust, and it most certainly does keep tyranny in check.

I know that sounds like some more American dribble, but if Hitler had come to power here I like to think we would have taken him out pretty quickly! It would likley take a Hitler to awaken this Giant..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Could it be the games that triggerd the outrage?

Connecticut school massacre: Adam Lanza 'spent hours playing Call Of Duty’
The Connecticut school massacre gunman Adam Lanza spent hours playing violent video games such as Call Of Duty in a windowless bunker, according to an interview with a plumber who worked at the family home.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

No it was not a game at fault! Billions play these games and only one mentally screwed up person did this! A single armed security guard could have prevented this!

In this world we will always have nut jobs and the best option is to be prepared by having guards at schools and other "soft targets"! We guard banks, but not our children! At least once a week a kid is taken and tortured to death by some nut job. How many kids must die before we accept that we must guard against such attacks? Even if the kid had not been able to get guns he could have done just as much damage or more using other means. Thank God he didn't walk in with a homemade flame thrower or similar. Thank God he didn't take his time and level the place with explosives etc... What if "What if" he had just walked in and started kicking down doors and tossed homemade grenades/pipe bombs in?

There is only one way to stop a person bent on killing others and himself, and this by direct confrontation. The only answer is to guard the children!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Presidential Oath of Office,

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States

Congressional Oath of Office,

“I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God” (5 U.S.C. §3331).

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Not much else to be said nor is their anything to misunderstand.

To do anything otherwise is to violate oath of office and should be solid grounds for Impeachment if not outright treason against the constitution and the nation.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying.

I wasnt blaming the games. They seem to be blaming the mother (with no voice)?

"They" say, only mother and son lived in the house and the older brother had not seen or spoken to his brother in over 2 years.

"They" say the mom was a prepper and didnt allow anyone in her house?

Who are "they" that know so much about what went on in the house?
edit on 19-12-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

With them both gone they can be painted in any light "they" see fit.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey

Thanks for the response.

American psyche.is what makes us American.
The people in charge are only human & they want & want & want.
they have the power to kill for it.
Im just part of the food chain....
Theres no hope for me to change ive been free to long.....
Like the old saying "Dont tread on me"

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

You are right. It is too late to implement gun control in the United States. There are too many gun already in circulation, your society is already too perverted and corrupt, violence is ingrained into your culture since birth, the government and millions of Americans are sick people and gun culture is too embedded into your society. This debate has come way too late. There is nothing anyone can do about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma

I think the argument against guns is more about the pure ease of lethality guns possess. You point and pull a trigger and meat explodes. A looney with a sword has to get really close and chop a bit and even then the explosive shock to the living system isn't there.

That said, the gun lobby and the rabid owners won't let any meaningful change happen so that every disenfranchised mental case who wants one can obtain a gun.

The paranoid fear about "them wanting to take our guns" doesn't really comfort me about the mental state of certain gun owners.

That said, having a pistol and a dog saved me and mine from a home invasion years ago. Scary stuff. There exist rare threats in this world that very occasionally warrant firearms. But admittedly it's a shortsighted reaction to complex socioeconomic problems.

If we melted them all down the world would be a safer place... until the next bully forged one again, that is.

I'm getting tired of this human thing...

Pro gun folks on this thread should pay attention to the above post. I and maybe you have been seeing or hearing this line of reasoning.

"I am a gun supporter....blah blah blah...but gun owners are rabid.....had to use one once but was in fact shortsighted.....blah blah..although I saved myself once with a gun they should all be melted down.....ect ect"

The fact is they are coming to take guns, we are not paranoid or rabid, nor shortsighted. When you hear a gun control flapper listen well. The may say something like "my grandfather liked to hunt and took me hunting...tought me respect for guns.....but we live in a new time now"

The truth is "they" are scared. Gun sales are in the billions. Millions of americans are once again stocking up.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join