It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Americans have children and own guns.....and are not buying in.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So what happens when one of your 5 children turn out to be the PERP..... something you people just don't even comprehend..... I find your attitude a joke
The mind just didn't seem to be engaged when creating your thread....and yet you own a gun
go figure

edit on 18-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
So what happens when one of your 5 children turn out to be the PERP..... something you people just don't even comprehend..... I find your attitude a joke
The mind just didn't seem to be engaged when creating your thread....and yet you own a gun
go figure

Well one is a college grad and another is about to be. The grad has her carry permit and works in the court system. The other may end up in law enforcment. All have respect for guns and are not going to be perps anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

go figure

Well one is a college grad and another is about to be. The grad has her carry permit and works in the court system. The other may end up in law enforcment. All have respect for guns and are not going to be perps anyway.

So your kids are the example of every kid in America that has access to Guns via their Parents Fear
.... There's a thing I like to call, "The Bigger Picture". You and your children are not the only example of every child or family in the US.
Here's a for instance.... what if one of your children was publicly humiliated during his/her time in school
The trauma of the event eating away at his/her sanity until one day he popped, took one of your guns that you had lovingly taught him/her to use with deadly accuracy and went off on a revenge killing spree....
The fact is all you and your family are is............. LUCKY...... plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
This is a social issue not a weapon issue.
Even if you took away every gun in the country someone could still walk in to a school with a sword, crossbow or baseball bat and cause this kind of tragedy.

What happened at Sandy Hook would not have happened if he had a baseball bat instead of a gun

As for swords, if they can kill dozens of people in this manner they should be banned also. It's much harder to kill with a sword than a gun though, for both psychological and physical reasons.

Your argument is weak.

Originally posted by monkofmimir

We need to ensure that schools are suitably armed to defend themselves in such a tragic situation, the best way of doing so wold be to make sure each school had several teachers who had gun training and were allowed to carry in school.

Cue "kid gets hold of teacher's gun and shoots classmate" and "teacher flips at unruly kids and opens fire" headlines in 3...2...1. When that happens, your response will be..."arm the kids too! guns all round!".
edit on 18-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakshowfatty

reply to post by Logarock

edit on 17-12-2012 by freakshowfatty because: (no reason given)

The kid who shot up Sandy Hook killed himself, so him being harmed would unlikely be a deterrant.

The solution is no access to guns in the first place. In other countries, neither sign exists, because it's accepted that kids are generally safe from guns at school. The fact you need either of those signs is evidence of a major problem with the system and mentality of people in the US.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

go figure

So your kids are the example of every kid in America that has access to Guns via their Parents Fear
.... There's a thing I like to call, "The Bigger Picture". You and your children are not the only example of every child or family in the US.
Here's a for instance.... what if one of your children was publicly humiliated during his/her time in school
The trauma of the event eating away at his/her sanity until one day he popped, took one of your guns that you had lovingly taught him/her to use with deadly accuracy and went off on a revenge killing spree....
The fact is all you and your family are is............. LUCKY...... plain and simple.

You yourself are a nut job. Would love to see your kids.

And yea my kids are not like everybody that why they know how to protect themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Hump, even if teachers had guns there would be measures to keep them locked up. There are also guns out there that will only shoot after some code is used to activate ect ect. Be sure that teachers wouldnt be walking around packing like the old west. This should go without saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

The kid who shot up Sandy Hook killed himself, so him being harmed would unlikely be a deterrant.

Well we can say that the shooter was certain that he would not run into anyone that would harm him. He must have known that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My kids are all grown up and both of them are top in their chosen field..... and I didn't have to teach them how to use a Gun either.... Typical attitude when you can't gain the higher ground resort to insults... quite Ridiculous.
Oh and to add my 3rd daughter being my stepdaughter is currently doing her Criminal Psychology Degree.......

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Hump, even if teachers had guns there would be measures to keep them locked up. There are also guns out there that will only shoot after some code is used to activate ect ect. Be sure that teachers wouldnt be walking around packing like the old west. This should go without saying.

Locked up guns with codes that need to be used to activate them, being used by teachers who are not completely comfortable with using guns, in a life or death situation, is not going to help a lot if a lunatic bursts in and opens fire on everyone, in my opinion.

Much better to make sure the lunatic is not armed in the first place, or at least make it difficult for random nerds who play computer games all day, to get hold of them. It works pretty well elsewhere, you know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

My kids are all grown up and both of them are top in their chosen field..... and I didn't have to teach them how to use a Gun either.... Typical attitude when you can't gain the higher ground resort to insults... quite Ridiculous.

I consider your top post on this page an insult. You just have to believe or hope that one of my children would fail in some large way so you cant say I told you so.

I dont have any fear that my kids would be perps. Not perfect mind you but not perps.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well we can say that the shooter was certain that he would not run into anyone that would harm him. He must have known that.

You're trying to apply reason to a nutter who clearly wasn't using any in the first place. I don't think he'd have cared what some sign said, he wanted to die. He would have known the police probably would have shot him when they got there, anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Locked up guns with codes that need to be used to activate them, being used by teachers who are not completely comfortable with using guns, in a life or death situation, is not going to help a lot if a lunatic bursts in and opens fire on everyone, in my opinion.

Much better to make sure the lunatic is not armed in the first place, or at least make it difficult for random nerds who play computer games all day, to get hold of them. It works pretty well elsewhere, you know.

Well yea man, you wouldnt want teachers not trained and uncomfortable.....that goes with saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't agree with this more guns will help to reduce Sandy hook like incidents theory.

How is adding more fuel to the fire going to put it out? Every one of these incidents ends with the killer offing himself, so why would armed teachers, or armed students, or anyone else armed with anything stop the perp from attempting to off as many innocent people as he can before he gets offed himself? I can't see armed teachers or anyone else for that matter deterring someone disturbed enough to have decided to kill 20 little kids and himself. The only thing they would probably be scared of is being caught and arrested and spending the rest of their lives in jail.

And how many accidental deaths are caused every year by kids playing with guns? That's sure as heck going to go up relative to the amount of guns isn't it?

edit on 18-12-2012 by gman1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Actually I merely implied that your mind wasn't engaged ACTUALLY ... there's a difference between an insult and a hypothisis of not using ones brain at the time.
If you can't see my point then I truly wish I hadn't have bothered with commonsense... Your country is lost anyways, argue the fact with me in 2037....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You're trying to apply reason to a nutter who clearly wasn't using any in the first place. I don't think he'd have cared what some sign said, he wanted to die. He would have known the police probably would have shot him when they got there, anyway.

This sort of nut was a very special sort of nut. Nuters can be very reasoning even if nuts. He had to know he was a wolf amoung the lambs. Silence of the Lambs. Look at the unabomber.....a total intelligent nut. He knew how to hide himself untill his work was through. He ran a sound plan....but he was nuts.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Actually I merely implied that your mind wasn't engaged ACTUALLY ... there's a difference between an insult and a hypothisis of not using ones brain at the time.
If you can't see my point then I truly wish I hadn't have bothered with commonsense... Your country is lost anyways, argue the fact with me in 2037....

Well you didnt really make a point that was understandable. Your statment is based on ideas you have that are not made clear to the reader. You may have a point but I cant tell. How can the reader understand what you mean by "mind not engaged", ref to op, without some qualification?

As it is I had to wait for you to make several posts to bird dog what I thought you were saying......which ended up being totaly subjective.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I agree.
The school shootings are monstrous, but we can't let the actions of a few, dictate the rules for us all.

Sure you can - if you want to be dictator.

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gman1972
I don't agree with this more guns will help to reduce Sandy hook like incidents theory.

How is adding more fuel to the fire going to put it out? Every one of these incidents ends with the killer offing himself, so why would armed teachers, or armed students, or anyone else armed with anything stop the perp from attempting to off as many innocent people as he can before he gets offed himself? I can't see armed teachers or anyone else for that matter deterring someone disturbed enough to have decided to kill 20 little kids and himself. The only thing they would probably be scared of is being caught and arrested and spending the rest of their lives in jail.

And how many accidental deaths are caused every year by kids playing with guns? That's sure as heck going to go up relative to the amount of guns isn't it?

edit on 18-12-2012 by gman1972 because: (no reason given)

So you are calling guns the fule of this fire. You might be right as I saw a gun walking down the road the other day, on its way to a fire.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

The answer to your question is that these people are cowards! Plain and simple. They pick the easiest, weakest target and prey on them. Just like a mugger or any other criminal, they look for the weak and thin them out of the herds. This was a tragedy. How about a solid sheep dog movement? Allow law abiding citizens, willing to undergo pysch evals, and have proper training, be deputized and allowed to carry. if 1 in 20 people were are and knew how to user their firearm, I bet crime would plummett.

There always have been and there always will be animals among the humans. They need to be tamed or destroyed. You don't do that with flowers and candy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join