It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Americans have children and own guns.....and are not buying in.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have five children. If my children were to be victims like those in the school shooting I would certainly feel the same way as the parents of those children.

Having said that it wouldnt move me one bit to change my 2nd amendment convictions. I and others, many others, are not going to allow the emotions of this event to shape a revision in our views. Knowing that millions have died over the ages fighting for freedom we cant let slip away from us these freedoms and these rights.

Further more I plan to pass down this understanding to my children as many others will do. I salute all who love freedom and the light of truth on this issue.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I agree.
The school shootings are monstrous, but we can't let the actions of a few, dictate the rules for us all.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is a social issue not a weapon issue.
Even if you took away every gun in the country someone could still walk in to a school with a sword, crossbow or baseball bat and cause this kind of tragedy.

We need to rethink school security. I think a more sensible solution is accepting that this will happen again as opposed to enacting laws which will have little to no effect on the problem.

We need to ensure that schools are suitably armed to defend themselves in such a tragic situation, the best way of doing so wold be to make sure each school had several teachers who had gun training and were allowed to carry in school.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

That's a hard thing to say as to whether or not you would change your mind on gun control if you child was murdered by a gun...would you mind change if your child got his hands on a gun and accidentally shot himself? Say it was locked up and through something like youtube he was able to get around the lock? This decision is so difficult because although I understand the right to have a weapon we are doing a terrible job keeping these guns either off of the streets in in the hands of some lunatics....

This gentleman was or is still a member of the NRA...
Link

I just looked at the faces of the kids that were killed and I can't imagine the pain that the family is feeling and the reminder of what this date will feel like for them the rest of their lives...it seems like their is no compromise so it's either all or nothing..I just hope what ever is done they beef up illegal handgun possession to be a bigger crime than it already is...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

You really think that the liberals in education are going to want their teachers to carry guns? Can you imagine what the union will expect in return...salary increases? I'm not sure what the answer is but it does primarily deal with mental instability...This will happen again and again and again but I hope to god it's not at my kids school...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Those who are driven to respond emotionally will almost completely lose their ability to respond rationally.

That is both the motive and the point. The events were tragic - do not make the mistake of buying the problem, cause, solution that is being presented by the politicians and MSM. The goal is to drive you to an emotional response. Once emotional, you are pliable and logic is what they tell you it is.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Sometimes emotion has to be injected...we have better drunk driving laws because emotion has helped drive the situation...we have a good amber alert system because the emotion but parents....one could argue that point for both sides as emotions are high...so what is the solution? How do you prevent your looney kids from getting their hands on a gun? How do you stop a looney parent from buying guns...that's the problem with no easy answer...when the next child or children is killed do we say "oh well, second amendment"?
edit on 17-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

agreed, perhaps we need to consider allowing MORE people to carry their legal firearms in social environments rather than selected "special" areas so we can counter lone gunmen.

It should become socially acceptable for a legal firearm to be taken everywhere you go. If more of us had guns these nuts wouldn't last 5 minutes in one of these sprees.

It is not enough to just have them at home anymore....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

LOL!
Thanks for at least putting your liberal beliefs out in the open... "Loony"...
To you, owning a gun is "looney".

Rather than getting into some pointless partisan debate, let me just respond with a simple concept: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!

I own guns. I am the ONLY one who can get to those guns. Want to know why? I'm PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE. Sadly, we've allowed liberals to remove even a cursory shred of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and have created a victim society where everything is someone else's fault. Then we encourage an emotional, not rational response, and we end up with this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... you're libel to trigger an irrational, purely emotional response from a liberal!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

honestly I don't think they would allow teacher to carry.

Quite simply the democrat response is predictable but more than that its terrifyingly naive it shows a complete lack of critical thinking. While there are many potential arguments that you could try using in gun control that are based in reason and logic this one is just absurd.

Until something is done about this though it will just continue, democrats need to wake up to the fact that this problem needs to be dealt with not used as an excuse to take away freedoms that are irreverent to the situation.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For me, this whole issue has opened my eyes to the effects of psychotropic drugs and the prevalence of homicidal, suicidal, and often both of these tendancies that results from their usage.

If you look at the recent cases of mass shootings, you almost always find that the shooter was on some form of psychotropic drug. In this case, I don't think they have released that info yet, as they have recently started keeping that information unavailable in these cases (big surprise).

However, If you start digging into psychotropics further, you will find yourself down a deep Pharma, FDA, and Psychiatric rabbit hole lined with money and the corpses of the guinea pigs they like to test their psychotropics on, which happen to be the public.

Isn't it interesting that Caucasians are the biggest user of psychotropics and in turn have been the ones most responsible for the these sorts of acts, yet, other ethnicities have the same if not a higher prevalence of mental illness?

That's the real conspiracy here.

edit on 17-12-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Good on you, we are doing the same with our children as well.

Been thinking hard about this all weekend and it occurred to me, access control (to the school) and infrastructure would be a much better place to be putting our thinking and dollars than gun control.

Take away guns, and the intelligent psychotic killer with a plan to do harm will simply move to the next-most-convenient way to do so. Take that away, and then they'll choose the next thing and so on and so forth.

Killers can be very creative as has been previously demonstrated.

Think about how much money is spent each year making sure bad guys can't get out of prisons. Guards, bars, alarms, perimeter fences, etc. .

Now think about how much is spent making sure they can't get IN to a school.

Think about how much money is spent on building infrastructure to minimize the possibility of a devastating fire taking lives. Sprinklers, alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, fire doors, exit signage, DRILLS, etc. We take fire very seriously.

Now think about how much is spent with regards to "active shooters" in our schools, which to me nowadays seems more likely to occur than three-alarm fires.

We seem to spend PLENTY making sure the police departments are all equipped with the latest in military gear, so when something does happen, they're sure to show up in armored cars body armor and all that.....after the fact, but ok at least they look cool and imposing while counting the bodies.

Seems to me that we could do much more on the front end and have a much better net effect of minimizing this horrific crap rather than blaming inanimate objects and imposing even more "feel good" legislation that will again have no effect.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

How do you stop a looney parent from buying guns...

How do you stop potential drunk drivers from buying cars. you cant you simply have to take it on faith and accept that some will slip through.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
On a somewhat related note wasnt there supposed to be some march on the NRA offices like two hours ago today?

Curious how it went but havent found any reports yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I need to mention something about a parent of the Columbine shootings, about 6 months after the shootings a father and mother of the girl that was praying when those POS shot her came to my sisters church and spoke. He said that no gun control would ever have prevented those boys from killing, he went on to say he was pressured by the media to give them an interview they wanted to hear, mainly that more gun laws would have prevented their daughter's death! He refused to blame the guns and and said it nobody said anything about the Propane 'bomb' they had or the fact that they could have used Molotov Cocktails and thrown these around which would have resulted in a lot more, horrible deaths!
The liberal media has no use for people that won't play their game!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

Sometimes emotion has to be injected...we have better drunk driving laws because emotion has helped drive the situation...we have a good amber alert system because the emotion but parents....one could argue that point for both sides as emotions are high...so what is the solution? How do you prevent your looney kids from getting their hands on a gun? How do you stop a looney parent from buying guns...that's the problem with no easy answer...when the next child or children is killed do we say "oh well, second amendment"?
edit on 17-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

We had 100s of children killed in gang related drive by shootings durring the craze.....and it still happens. Anyway just about zero was done in those days. Where were the libs when all those black children were being shot up? They were out casing the milita movement. Where was the Southern Poverty Law Center? Running after this white guy and that.....and they didnt give a hoot about black gangs because thye were not rasist? Is that it? Even though the killed and injured numbers due to gang killings was off the hook. The SPLC was out there telling the blacks to watch out for whitey......you know....inbetween the funeral services for your balck children killed by black gangs. 100s of children killed durring the 80s and 90s, if not 1000s.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I think we should start figuring out what is causing people to want to kill children and what we can do to make sure the children growing up today do not do the same thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I and my wife agree with you on this statement. Most drugs for depression and anti-social behavior have all the same side effects. Two of which are suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Why are we not hearing about these meds? I think we are hearing about them. We hear it in these tragic loss's of life. Aurora, SandyHook, VA. Tech, etc etc.

Big pharma isnt gonna let a little shooting bring down the bottom line. Plus as an added note. everytime they say the Manufacturer's of the guns used is just advertising for them for free. Watch the gun sales increase in this area rapidly.

Smells of fish.....medicated fish.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

How do you stop a looney parent from buying guns...

funny how you fail to worry about all those government agencies
that have been going on a gun buying spree weather service, irs, fema, etc.

or the even more monstrous child-killers in d.c.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join