It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beer thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
*Sighs*

Being away from the old Blighty for over 25 years now what i really miss is a decent warm pint of Tetleys special brew or a pint of Newcastle brown.

Otherwise "ACE" beer *winks* anyone remember 8 ace from VIZ? you bbbbunch offf ffffffffabulous ppppppeople! Hic

Nowadays i have gone all posh and only stick to a decent bottle of Bordeaux,Touraine or Languedoc red wine, with the occasional glass of pure malt whiskyjust before a meal

Respects (hic)

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by HumansEh

Darn it forgot about waggledance
a great great beer

Thats another great thing about beer you forget the good ones

Plus my last pub while I was there had around 25 different beers on every week, so thats a lot of beer I had to taste...you know for purely educational reasons

edit on 17-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

25 different beers a week!

Sir I doff my hat to your dedication to education. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it!

Luckily, the nature of Monkey is .................Irrepressible!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Right there with you.
Love a glass of waggledance

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hello,

Don't know what kind of ladies you go out with...but good luck with that

S

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Northern ones
I always get them on the real stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hello,

an eye opening statement that is, Mr monkey.

Thank you.

SS

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Last 2 ex wifes were from the south so I go for Northern ones now

My point is I have converted many a lady to decent real ale, they are not just bitters anymore with the vast amount of different hops you can get sweet light ales which the ladys seem to enjoy more.
The girls who came into my pubs often asked me "Boymonkey which will I like?" I rarely got it wrong.
edit on 17-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Northern ones
I always get them on the real stuff.

I hear you mate!
Couple o' northern lasses n' a dozen pints of brown.
Way-Hey good times!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Doe - The stuff that buys me beer
Ray - The guy that sells me beer
Me - The one who drinks the beer
Fa- - Along way to the beer
So - I'll have another beer
La - La la la la la beer
Tea - No thanks I'm drinking beer
That would leave me with no doe!!

Always loved that little ditty.

But to answer your question, Tecate, in an iced mug, with lime and salt. Nothing goes better with Enchiladas!

~OkieDokie
edit on 17-12-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Never heard that I like it

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you like a good Japanese Beer and if you also perhaps have a Kegerator at home than I would suggest that you consider K I R I N I C H I B A N... Here is why I LOVE this beer:

1. It is the lowest priced Quality Beer I can find in 1/4 KEG. $63 - About 84 Mugs.

2. It has a rich nutty flavor thats not too sweet but has a slighty buttery bitter finish.

3. It has a nice rich head and med amber color thats well rounded.

4. It is 6.9 % alcohol and among the highest % which means 1 Frosty Mug is perfect and $ goes farther.
No other Keg has 6.9% at this price and this high quality.

5. Its easily available at any Total Wine & More - www.totalwine.com...

I recently built my own Kegerator from a bartered sanyo mini fridge and it is the most awesome addition to the game room. NOTHING like a frosty fresh tapped cold one! I highly encourage you to consider getting a kegerator on CraigsList or a Sanyo Fridge but research well because there are many fridges that cannot handle 1/4 Kegs that are the short wide ones or tall skinny ones so beware! Also some fridges will freeze your beer so you have to be informed. Anyone that has any questions on this is welcome to contact me anytime for advice.

Blessings and Here's to a nice cold one! YAH BLESS AMERICA!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Now much depends on the house ales, but at my regular pub, my 'usual' is Copper Dragon's Copper Pippin, but if I am elsewhere I will gladly imbibe Black Sheep or Theakston's OP. BUT, there are some lovely guest beers that come around on occasion, Saltaire's Raspberry Blonde is very special indeed, and this summer I became partial to Greene King's St Edmunds.

For drinking at home, I don't mind Speckled Hen or Waggledance...but my favourite bottled beer is Well's Banana Bread Beer...it is what I would call a dessert beer
...nice for the odd couple or three, but you wouldn't want to get trollied on it. I like Abbots too on occasion.

I'll only really drink lager if they only have bitter on tap (heathens!)...but Peroni is jolly nice

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Hello,

Myself, I prefer a nice cold Heineken

If not, a rum&coke with a slice of lime.

Cheers
and happy holidays

SS

Have you tried Rum with Fentiman's Ginger Beer...and a slice of lime? Preferably Sailor Jerry's rum. That's what I have if I am feeling a bit poorly...it's medicinal don't you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join