It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coo-eee, its my shout at the bar.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
G'day

Thought I'd say a big hello to all the fine Blokes and Shelias here at ATS.

A special thanks to the BTS - Avatar Creations people for giving instructions on the first page - it made easy work for my missus to work out how to put up this fine caricature of me and bluey.

A little bit about me.

I saw something strange when I was about 25 years old back in 1990 out near Laverton in West Australia. I reckon it was a UFO, strange lights, darting all over the place for about 10 minutes one night at about 3am in the morning. Me and two other mates witnessed the whole thing. I've sort of been curious ever since.

My daughter recently bought me a computer and the missus is stoked because now all of you have to put up with me and she reckons she won't have to listen to me raving on all the bloody time.

Anyway, I like beer, I'm a carnivore and I don't like idiots.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Your shout? Any single malt, and make it a triple. Neat.

Hello.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hello,

welcome to ATS, tons of different forums and topics to explore.

Here's a great link that should be able to help you with most of your posting / thread making questions : Frequently Asked Questions

Good luck and have fun

SS

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Here you go mate, single malt, triple shot and I took the ice out for ya.

In fact, take the whole bottle, it could get messy if I keep pouring.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Welcome to the party, There are many wise intelligent individuals here, also just as many idiots, hope you have enough beer and burgers to compensate and make your time enjoyable here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Thanks mate, I like the welcome.
straight back at ya.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Thanks Spike, I have had a good read of a lot of stuff here prior to and since joining, but I'm a bit forgetful so that should come in real handy I reckon.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

That's funny, I have a mate we call the dirty donkey but his wife gets upset when we bring up the reason he got that name.

Yep - plenty of food and drink here.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Destiny.

I hope you have been good for Santa this year, although I hear coal fetches a good price these days.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Welcome Strewth!
I'm a fellow "newbie" like yourself, however unlike you I have yet to figure out how to put an avatar on my page. Nice job! Also wondered why so many choose not to include location on their page.
Oh well back on topic, Welcome to one of the most enjoyable and thought provoking sites on the net today! IMHO that is.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tiremanken

Hello, within this link lies the answer to your question >>> LINK

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tiremanken

The missus did mine - she is the computer wizz.

She read that thread "BTS - Avatar Creations", apparently the instructions are all on the first page of it.

Anyway give it a go and cheers for the welcome mate

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

G'day back to ya,
ya missus did a bonza job on the pic, and i'm think'n you'd be right about her be'n happy your not yapp'n at her ear all day now you have the you beaut computer to tap away on.

i'm a bludging housewife with not much to do now since me back gave way work'n in the take away shop for years.
Me hubby's a Digger, we have two kids one works up in Darwin the other one spends her time yap'n to her mates.

I think ya could be onto summ'n about those UFO's being real n all.

So anyway nice meet'n ya and have fun read'n all the ATS chatter.

While ya read'n, have a gander at this web site here, Its got all the ATS radio shows dated way back for ya to listen to.

ATS Live Radio Shows

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks mate. I was up in Darwin just recently actually, I have a mate who lives in Catherine. I love that place. It would have to have the best fishing in the world and all the folks are very happy (compared to the other major cities).

Gee that's one specky Avatar you have there, I feel a little under dressed in your presence.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Strewth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

G'day mate.

Fellow West Aussie here.

You and I are going to be mates - simple.

Beer - check
Meat - check.
Zero Tolerance for idiots - check.
Wife smarter that me - check

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

That's really good to know. It appears there are a few Aussies on ATS waving the flag, this is a good thing.

Glad you and I tick all of the boxes too, that'll come in handy.

Cheers mate.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good Day

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

<<   2  3 >>

join