It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not American, but I beg " America, dont let them take your guns !"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

This isn't the case.

The states with the strictest gun control laws enjoy gun crime rates as low as those of Europe.
The states with the most lax views of gun control have gun related death rates HIGHER THAN AUTOMOBILE DEATHS.

Ya, like in Switzerland

May want to factor in the violent crime rates with that assessment. UK violent crimes per 100,000 - 2, 034; US violent crimes per 100,000 - 466.

Most violent country in Europe

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by captiva

Well you should go live with the crazy gun swingers then..

Just because YOU can handle a assault weapon under your bed.. don´t mean your friends friend can..

The gun owners are like crying teenagers at the moment worried the big boogeyman will come and take teddy away

Lets see... Ban Guns because everyone who owns a gun is a criminal; or, allow guns and punish those who misuse them to intentionally hurt others. Which sounds better? One allows for the government to overstep its constitutional authority and criminalize those who have guns; even responsible gun owners who do not have a criminal history. The other goes after the perpetrators while not criminalizing law abiding citizens in the process.

I seriously question the mental capacity for critical thinking in some of you people...
edit on 18-12-2012 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I'm genuinely curious if the same people who on the gun bashing threads say 'You're not American so your opinion doesn't count' will say the same here.

I wonder.

Oh and also 'Yay another gun thread'. I'm going to post this now in every gun thread.
edit on 17-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

When you're the shiniest turd on top of sh#t mountain, everyone wants a piece of you. I understand that, I accept it. But quit trying to explain to us what our Constitution means and meant by the second amendment. We're not stupid, and it becomes a bit insulting when foreigners seem to think their delusional opinion about our second amendment is relevant to the discussion.
edit on 18-12-2012 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Some of us won't cave. I know it sounds all macho and cliche, But I won't be giving up any of my firearms. I purchased them legally, I have all the relevant licensing and payed all the fees. These guns are mine. The government has already taken quite enough from me. They will take no more. Period. I am not stupid. I know what this means, to be the one who says NO. I will be totally alone, most likely. And therefore I will die alone. But at least I will die free...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I am Brit living in America and i used to think they were insane for having guns and in the hands of the wrong person is as we have seen deadly.
But after looking through history i have to agree with you that American gun owners are our last rights to freedom and i'll give you a few examples of why.
Guns were banned in Nuremburg in 1936.........and then came Adolf Hitler.
Pol pot banned guns before the year zero started and well well we can see a pattern here.
I agree that there should be no guns absolutely in America but it includes all the Police and all the military as well and only then will some gun owners hand over their weapons.
But we all know that Governments are the biggest mass killers of populations of all time,it's called Democide,262 000 000 people were murdered in the 20th century alone and that's just China Russia Germany and Cambodia.
If we have no way to defend ourselves then history shows somebody like lenin,Pol Pot,Hitler or even iddy Amin will rise to power and we will be exterminated.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-12-2012 by southbeach because: One too many digits

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It is a crying shame that children are dead. But the real question is why? Some will say it is because of guns, but that wouldn't be true. That wouldn't be a complete answer in any case. Guns are no more than tools, like knives or hammers. What happened is a crazy person gained access to firearms, and did something crazy with them.. That should be no surprise to anyone. There are some 100 million or so gun owners in this country, they have hurt no one. It is not the gun, it is the person behind it...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

The gun owners are like crying teenagers at the moment worried the big boogeyman will come and take teddy away

Do you suppose those were the sentiments of those people who had their guns taken away by Stalin, Castro, Pol Pot, Mao, and Hitler? In each case, the people were then rounded up and executed. Do you also suppose all of those people didn't have second thoughts?

Yes, it can happen in the US. The current administration has been pointing at various groups of citizens and hollering "Terrorists". There is a lot of political hatred being fomented in the US right now.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Check out FEMA CAMPS, RFID on page 1000 of our new health care bill. SETI discovery of UFO's heading towards Earth on you-tube. HARRP and Artificial Telepathy used as a War tactic for mind control. We cant afford to pay our rent and buy food and gas. Jobs are hard to come buy, and don't pay well. We may be forced to pay for health care we don't want. I don't have any guns but my friends do. How do we stop them from taking them?? We cant count on the military and police to protect us!! The American Dream no-longer exist and I feel it may get worse. We have people creating Tent Cities to live in because they cannot do not make enough money to have a home. Personally, I'm looking for another country to move to!! Do you have any room there?? What are the rules in you're country? Oh, I forgot to mention, they are taxing us beyond reason, and you never really own anything. Is there anywhere in this world that you can actually own you're own home and no-one can take it from you. If you cant pay the taxes on you're land and home in this country, the Government will take it. In the end, you grow old and get sick and have to sale everything to pay the hospital. Then you get dis-credited and someone takes over all you're belongings and throws you in a rest home.

Please tell me life is better there!! Amy in NC
edit on 18-12-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Here is a thought!

I am an ex-felon...and not legally supposed to own a firearm!

But do I?

It would be a safe bet to say I do own one!

Who's going to come take it?

Can't legally own it...probably not registered then!

Hmmmm...makes a whole new discussion for disarming America!

Star. You touched a single giant nerve, and not just with me. The color of
law has respositioned gun ownership to so many conditional factors now
that almost nobody in the country can acquire them legally... at least in
my neck of the woods. It doesn't matter if you're a felon or not.. misdemeanors
with 'other or extra issues' have made a majority of the public legally prohibited
from owning them. If somebody with an agenda, for example, calls you emotionally
or mentally challenged you're done for: and for life.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Will you guys come and help us when our own country turns on its own people?? Do you know that you have to register to even call out of this country. I still haven't been able to do that. I was going to call Russia just to hear them talk. I love their language!! Anyway, Thank GOD for the internet!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
has anyone told the OP to shut-up yet? I certainly hope so.

the popularity of this thread stands as testament to the double-standard-as-a-way-of-life that runs inversely proportional to critical thinking in modern society.

or, in other words, if thread title was:

"I'm not American, but GET RID OF 'EM"

the result would've been 0 flags, 0 stars, and 10 pages of "mind yer own business".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I saw on the news people handing their guns over, we had the same in the Uk a gun amnesty and knifes and everyone handed them over and now we have nothing to defend ourselves with against the state.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
As we travel this road of lost freedoms and hidden government agendas, there is a thorn in the flesh of those who want to see us live in total servitude. They are using all their propaganda tools to create a "Problem. reaction, solution" scenario to have this thorn removed so they can continue their masterplan.

This thorn is the 2nd Amendment, our American cousins right to own a weapon. Dont let them change public opinion as you, whether you like it or not, are our last defense. I am Scottish and have noticed the media over here starting a campaign to sway opinion as to the sanity of your country allowing ownership of guns. The newspapers are full of it as is the local and national news.

Please hold fast...whether everyone is aware or not right now....we the world, need you to fight for your rights to carry arms.

I second this comment,do not allow this to happen,the world needs the USA to be strong and to represent global freedom.Force the JFK murderers to be held accountable in totality and America will be healed,the crime has already been solved online,it looks like a coup de tat happened,DO NOT allow your government to take your guns.It may not even be your government.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
has anyone told the OP to shut-up yet? I certainly hope so.

the popularity of this thread stands as testament to the double-standard-as-a-way-of-life that runs inversely proportional to critical thinking in modern society.

or, in other words, if thread title was:

"I'm not American, but GET RID OF 'EM"

the result would've been 0 flags, 0 stars, and 10 pages of "mind yer own business".

Why would you tell me to "Shut up" ?....My opinion is mine and your mindset of telling someone to shut up because you dont agree with it is the reason why the right to own guns is so important. Regarding asking if someone else has told me to shut up yet?.... You should be a politician. Lets see.. Disagree with a viewpoint, silence it and get others to do your dirty work for you. ....you tick all the boxes. If you have to tell someone to "Shut up" youve lost before you started.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
NRA shill activity is on a sharp increase...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

May want to factor in the violent crime rates with that assessment. UK violent crimes per 100,000 - 2, 034; US violent crimes per 100,000 - 466.

Those laughable Home Secretary stats posted by the Daily Mail are meaningless. Other figures say UK has 1/4 the murders per capita compared to the US, yet manages nearly 5 times as much violent crime overall? Yes that makes complete sense and is not erroneous at all.

Luxembourg 565 per 100,000, the US 466 and Australia 92? Do they honestly expect anyone to believe the UK had 1.1 million violent crimes in a year whereas Australia had just 26,000?

Where's that other set of fraudulent stats that claimed Australia had 30,000 more violent crimes a year since they "banned guns"?

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

The Tories said Labour had presided over a decade of spiralling violence.

The figures, compiled by the Tories...

That about says it all.

edit on 19/12/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I second this comment,do not allow this to happen,the world needs the USA to be strong and to represent global freedom
reply to post by one4all

Is that meant to be funny?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The US has the largest % of gun violence, and by far the largest amount of gun owners in the world.. Militia rights have given Southern Slave owners the opportunity to fight to keep black people enslaved. That is the big accomplishment of the second amendment. The god of GUN can no longer be worshipped in the US. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THE NRA OR THE WHITE SUPREMIST CROWD TELLING US THEY HAVE TO HAVE 1Million+ AR-15's a YEAR ANYMORE.. Thats the white elephant in the room...
edit on 19-12-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

From an email I got this am:

Hunter's with guns

Interesting slant on things

The world's largest army...America's hunters!
I had never thought about this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales
in just a handful of states
and arrived at a striking
conclusion:

There
were over 600,000 hunters
this season in the state of Wisconsin.
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last
several months,
Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth
largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran.

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
the woods of a single American state,
Wisconsin, to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the
750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan's
700,000 hunters,
all of whom
have now returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters
in West Virginia
and it literally establishes the fact
that the hunters of those four
states alone would comprise the
largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number
of hunters in the other
46 states.
It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe
from foreign invasion
with that kind of home-grown
firepower .

Hunting....
it's not just
a way to fill the freezer..
It's a matter of
national security.

That's why all enemies,
foreign and domestic,
want to see us
disarmed.

Food for thought,
when next we
consider gun control.
-------------------------------------
Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions
that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers,
the question would still remain...
what army of

2 million
would want to face
30, 40, 50 million armed citizens.

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join