It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not American, but I beg " America, dont let them take your guns !"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obdnar
reply to post by captiva

Do not fret, my Kilted brother, I am from the southern states, and we learned alot from the war of northern aggresion. Google Quantrill's raiders, ignore the propaganda, and realize how effective guerrilla warfare can be. Civil war II is coming We will not comply or surrender this time. 'William Wallace...Freedom..."

Just so long as you know how William Wallace ended up

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Thank you for this, my Scottish cousin.

I sometimes feel like we are all alone over here, and that the whole world is looking at us with contempt because of how we are portrayed. Sometimes we deserve it - sometimes we do not.

It is frustrating because the people for the good do not seek attention or approval, and therefore their stories and works usually go unheralded. It seems only the worst of things gain this level of world attention.

It makes me very happy and relieved to know there are some who see through it all. And many of us know that it is not just for ourselves that this issue is important - at this point, it really is for everyone in the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Whether you keep your guns or not wont change a darn thing in the end. A gun can protect you from others humans and animals but not from others things. I laugh when i read some people own 5 or more guns. As if it would make a difference
. Arrogant humans think their godly guns which are the pinnacle of humanity's greatness
will protect them from everything and will keep them alive? Things are gonna be even funnier than expected, the next year will truly be legendary in many ways.

But what do i know, i never owned a gun, maybe you can headshot a meteor with it? Or a solar flare? Or any cataclysmic events? And maybe can it affect beings out of this world too? Oops not more.

Such overconfidence in simple things that can only affect living bodies..? its gonna be a damn party real soon.

But the point is, there are bigger (greater) threats than the government.
edit on 18-12-2012 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

30 years ago you never heard the media talk about stuff like that. We knew it happened because of word of mouth. Now, since they want to create a "War on Guns" just like the "War on Drugs", they publicize it to sway people's opinions and get the general population to agree to amend the 2nd. The guns will go underground, run by the Cartel then they'll have a direct freed to the ATF so they can carry on business as usual but much more profitable. If you think this is absurd think about all the heroine the CIA sold to the US during the 80's to fund Ossama Bin Laden army against the Russians. They will do what they need to do even at the detriment of their own people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The best thing that could POSSIBLY happen to our country is armed resistance to a repeal of the Second Amendment. Right away you will see that your tiny little guns are no match for what the same people call "the greatest military in the world".

We could do with a few thousand less idiots with the mentality that think they can win that fight.

Heh.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Your comment shows me that you have given in and more than that, it shows me you know you have given in. I cant think of a more suitable quote to prove that bearing arms is needed..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Your comment shows me that you have given in and more than that, it shows me you know you have given in. I cant think of a more suitable quote to prove that bearing arms is needed..

Please.

The greatest revolutions in the modern age have happened without the use of violence.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There will be new gun legislation but the Democrats are not all against gun ownership and their base isn't either. If they go too far they will lose a huge portion of their base and you will see a Republican majority in both the House and Senate next election cycle. It will likely go like this. A ban on assault type weapons and ammo clips more than ten rounds. The weapons in America now will be exempt with a grandfather clause. This will give the public the perception that something was done. The problem is not just guns. It is a mental health issue. It is a media issue and it is a Hollywood issue. Unless all three are addressed it will not effect the problem. Places with the tightest gun control laws suffer the highest gun crime rates. Criminals are generally cowards and do not mess with anyone they think could be armed.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
There will be new gun legislation but the Democrats are not all against gun ownership and their base isn't either. If they go too far they will lose a huge portion of their base and you will see a Republican majority in both the House and Senate next election cycle. It will likely go like this. A ban on assault type weapons and ammo clips more than ten rounds. The weapons in America now will be exempt with a grandfather clause. This will give the public the perception that something was done. The problem is not just guns. It is a mental health issue. It is a media issue and it is a Hollywood issue. Unless all three are addressed it will not effect the problem. Places with the tightest gun control laws suffer the highest gun crime rates. Criminals are generally cowards and do not mess with anyone they think could be armed.

This isn't the case.

The states with the strictest gun control laws enjoy gun crime rates as low as those of Europe.
The states with the most lax views of gun control have gun related death rates HIGHER THAN AUTOMOBILE DEATHS.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Actually...how is that any different than me being pulled over?

Need to know basis...

Depends on who needs to know...right?

In most States people who carry guns in their car, especially those who have registered weapons and concealed carry permits, ARE required to inform an Officer that they have a firearm the second they are pulled over. It is the first thing they must do.

In my State, I am not required to register any firearm I own. I can keep a firearm in my car. I am not required to tell the Officer anything unless I have a concealed carry permit, which at that point I am required to register my firearm and inform an Officer.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
As we travel this road of lost freedoms and hidden government agendas, there is a thorn in the flesh of those who want to see us live in total servitude. They are using all their propaganda tools to create a "Problem. reaction, solution" scenario to have this thorn removed so they can continue their masterplan.

This thorn is the 2nd Amendment, our American cousins right to own a weapon. Dont let them change public opinion as you, whether you like it or not, are our last defense. I am Scottish and have noticed the media over here starting a campaign to sway opinion as to the sanity of your country allowing ownership of guns. The newspapers are full of it as is the local and national news.

Please hold fast...whether everyone is aware or not right now....we the world, need you to fight for your rights to carry arms.

Unfortunately I have had a family member gunned down in cold blood. I am a former US military war veteran who believes in civil liberties, but the stats don't lie. There are more guns than people in our country, and gun ownership does NOT prevent crime. The answer isn't as simple as taking guns away, but we have the most guns per capita and the most gun crimes per capita. Second Amendment rights are not more important than our children being slaughtered like sheep . The "FRAMERS" are not GODS to be worshipped... IT IS POSSIBLE THEY WERE WRONG..
edit on 18-12-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It most definitely is the case. Washington D.C. and Chicago have the highest gun crime in America.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

It most definitely is the case. Washington D.C. and Chicago have the highest gun crime in America.

You are tent poling your entire argument by the goings on in two metropolitan areas? From such a small statistical field your point doesn't have such merit. 2% of the nation is hardly statistically significant. It isn't even outside of the margin of error!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I swear I'm gonna make a gun Thread, too!

This is getting ridiculous

Why don't you make a marxism thread instead. You probably know a lot more about that subject.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by jerryznv
Actually...how is that any different than me being pulled over?

Need to know basis...

Depends on who needs to know...right?

In most States people who carry guns in their car, especially those who have registered weapons and concealed carry permits, ARE required to inform an Officer that they have a firearm the second they are pulled over. It is the first thing they must do.

In my State, I am not required to register any firearm I own. I can keep a firearm in my car. I am not required to tell the Officer anything unless I have a concealed carry permit, which at that point I am required to register my firearm and inform an Officer.

Here in New Mexico your vehicle is considered an extension of your domicile, so you can have concealed weapons anywhere in your car, permit or not. In fact, one time I was pulled over (and let go), I handed the cop my drivers license and CCW permit. He immediately handed the CCW back and said "I don't need to see this" and didn't even ask if I was carrying. I wish I could F&S that cop right now for actually knowing the law.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
I'm not an american either, but I cannot fathom how you Scots can call the Americans your "cousins". They are not. They dissidents and traitors of England. Furthermore, I think you Scots should separate from England. Why do you embrace them as your overlords?

From Wiki
"The 2010 US Community Census stated that 28.9 million American citizens claimed Scottish heritage"

From Scotland.org
"Scotland's current population is 5.2 million"

There are almost 6 times as many Scots living in the USA then Scotland. We are cousins, and neither culture liked being overlorded by England.

God Bless,
edit on 18-12-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Right on. Too many people seem naive, and think that the Constitution is antiquated. This is wrong. The Founding Fathers possessed great foresight, and included the 2nd amm. for a darn good reason, which is to allow people the means to resist a tyrannical government. Looking back throughout history, even recent history although too many people still do not know things the government has done, it is probable that even Americans may one day have to face factions of their own military and government in an armed conflict, and will need guns.

Firearms also act as a deterrent to the government, as it is more difficult to take away the rights of the citizenry when they can fight back. So this is partly why they want to take our firearms away. And how will they accomplish taking away our right to bear arms? They will simply perform operations that get the people into an uproar over guns. Those people who do not understand why we even have the right to bear arms. These false flag operations are being seen plastered all over the news just about every single day, and the government's own documents PROVE to us that they really do perform these false flag operations, and are quite willing to kill American citizens to get their mission accomplished...Which in this case is taking our guns away, thus taking away the majority of our power.

What incentive do those in power have to step-down in our democratic system, instead of going after more power? The fact that the people can fight back is what is stopping them. But once they have no armed opposition, there will be factions of our government who collude to gain more power, which ultimately means doing away with democracy, and installing a totalitarian regime. It is not even worth the risk, no matter how many shootings will be stopped. It is not the fault of the gun that some person goes out and kills people, rather it is the fault of the person. Why should all citizens be denied their Constitutional right to bear arms just because a small minority cannot handle themselves?

And this is not even mentioning personal protection. Who is going to protect those who have their houses broken into? You think the cops are going to get there that quickly? No, people need to be able to protect themselves. Take away guns and the criminals will still get them, since they don't obey the law...And then the citizenry who follows the law will be at an extreme disadvantage. I guarantee you that there are many more people who do things the legal way, and do not commit any crimes with their weapons, than there are who use their firearms illegally. How does anyone disagree with what our Founding Fathers, people who were much smarter than any of them, have set up for our country? It has worked pretty well up until this point, and the majority of the times it did not work are because of crooked elements of our government and its entities, and not because of any flaw in what they themselves created.

There were some things that have changed with the times, but the 2nd amm. is not one of those things that needs to be taken out. Taking us off the gold standard was another big mistake, yet the people did nothing. The government will always, at certain times, attempt to get away with whatever they feel they can get away with, and they will go after bigger and bigger things unless the people stand up and say no. And without weapons, when that big thing arrives, if the people only have their voices, then they will be able to do nothing to stop those in power.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Question: Do you see America as a reflection of your country?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Right on. Too many people seem naive, and think that the Constitution is antiquated. This is wrong. The Founding Fathers possessed great foresight, and included the 2nd amm. for a darn good reason, which is to allow people the means to resist a tyrannical government. Looking back throughout history, even recent history although too many people still do not know things the government has done, it is probable that even Americans may one day have to face factions of their own military and government in an armed conflict, and will need guns.

Firearms also act as a deterrent to the government, as it is more difficult to take away the rights of the citizenry when they can fight back. So this is partly why they want to take our firearms away. And how will they accomplish taking away our right to bear arms? They will simply perform operations that get the people into an uproar over guns. Those people who do not understand why we even have the right to bear arms. These false flag operations are being seen plastered all over the news just about every single day, and the government's own documents PROVE to us that they really do perform these false flag operations, and are quite willing to kill American citizens to get their mission accomplished...Which in this case is taking our guns away, thus taking away the majority of our power.

What incentive do those in power have to step-down in our democratic system, instead of going after more power? The fact that the people can fight back is what is stopping them. But once they have no armed opposition, there will be factions of our government who collude to gain more power, which ultimately means doing away with democracy, and installing a totalitarian regime. It is not even worth the risk, no matter how many shootings will be stopped. It is not the fault of the gun that some person goes out and kills people, rather it is the fault of the person. Why should all citizens be denied their Constitutional right to bear arms just because a small minority cannot handle themselves?

And this is not even mentioning personal protection. Who is going to protect those who have their houses broken into? You think the cops are going to get there that quickly? No, people need to be able to protect themselves. Take away guns and the criminals will still get them, since they don't obey the law...And then the citizenry who follows the law will be at an extreme disadvantage. I guarantee you that there are many more people who do things the legal way, and do not commit any crimes with their weapons, than there are who use their firearms illegally. How does anyone disagree with what our Founding Fathers, people who were much smarter than any of them, have set up for our country? It has worked pretty well up until this point, and the majority of the times it did not work are because of crooked elements of our government and its entities, and not because of any flaw in what they themselves created.

There were some things that have changed with the times, but the 2nd amm. is not one of those things that needs to be taken out. Taking us off the gold standard was another big mistake, yet the people did nothing. The government will always, at certain times, attempt to get away with whatever they feel they can get away with, and they will go after bigger and bigger things unless the people stand up and say no. And without weapons, when that big thing arrives, if the people only have their voices, then they will be able to do nothing to stop those in power.

Are you of the impression that the a minority of citizens armed with guns are going to be able to mount a successful offensive against the "Greatest Military in the World" on their home turf in a legal action against citizens that do not have the sophisticated tech and training that the Military has?

The United States has already had a civil war. It ended badly for the dissidents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join