It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not American, but I beg " America, dont let them take your guns !"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dredge
Here is the issue:

For every legally licensed gun in the U.S. there are probably 5 unlicensed guns. Almost everyone I know owns one or more guns. Many people also know how to get unlicensed weapons if needed. There are also several people I know who can actually MAKE guns and bullets in their homes if required. The only way that guns will be taken away from U.S. citizens is by doing what Germany did in WW2 and convince people to turn in their neighbors. However, even that will not really work because those willing to turn in their neighbors wouldn't have guns so it would be a bad choice on their part.

I believe there should be processes in place to own guns, but reactionary policies based on tragedies only lead to bigger problems. No, teachers should not have guns in schools. Yes, citizens absolutely should be able to own guns. No, the NRA is not responsible for any gun related crimes. When applying common sense to the situation, a logical, reasonable solution can be found. The problem is people allow their emotions to trump logic in situations like this one. The only thing people should worry about right now is those directly affected by this tragedy. Politics can wait.

- Dredge

Do you realize that not every state conducts gun licensing or registration?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Gun Ownwership UP Crime DOWN
www.washingtontimes.com...
so much for that...........
excerpt from link to WT.

Gun manufacturing is the one private-sector industry “doing fine” on Mr. Obama’s watch. Sturm, Ruger & Co. sold 1 million firearms in the first quarter of 2012 - an amazing 50 percent increase from the first quarter of 2011. The jump was so steep that the company stopped accepting orders from March to May to catch up with demand for its products.

Last month, Smith & Wesson announced a firearm-order backlog of approximately $439 million by the end of April, up 135 percent from the same quarter in 2011. Sales in that period were up 28 percent from 2011 and 14 percent over its own predictions to investors. NSSF estimates the industry is responsible for approximately 180,000 jobs and has an annual impact on the U.S. economy of $28 billion.

Mr. Obama could honestly take credit for this jobs program, economic boost and the reduction in violent crime that has followed the spike in gun ownership on his watch. Instead, he’s silent about his greatest positive accomplishment.

Emily Miller is a senior editor for the Opinion pages at The Washington

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I believe that disarming the US citizens will take a lot more trauma bonding.....
and predict that if thats what its going to take...thats what they will get....
Perhaps the serious spread of CCW permits to even larger numbers.....
could further reduce the crime stats....??

In my opinion, there is a limit to what kind of protections an average citizen can expect from their law enforcement at all levels....
Beynd this point of reasonable policing levels....
It is incumbent on the individual to be prepared to protect his own life or the lives of others as best he or she may......
From these statistics disrming would be foolish......
edit on 17-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Thank you for taking notice to our plight. I had no idea of the media in other countries using this to push their agenda as well.

I'm glad you've taken the time to understand. And thank you for caring. God Bless You....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I will copy the sentiment that I put on my facebook:

If THAT is your first and only concern, is the political implications of this, then maybe you don't deserve to keep your guns.
I didn't know the definition of a gun nut till today.

Whoa! Really? Have you not seen the Anti gun propaganda feed on every channel? Of course it's the first thing we pro-gunners worry about! It's instantly attacked everytime a wierdo does something stupid! It's a simple natural reaction to a forthcoming attack!

Shame on the media that went straight to blaming guns while they were still reporting the death of a bunch of kids!

Who really used this tragedy to sell propaganda? The pro-gunners? i think not..

I beg you to change your mind and rethink the scenario.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Lol, Makes ya wonder... Are the employees and CEO's and investers voting Obama because of this reaction that he's gonna take their guns? Lol....Hmmmmm

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They sure as hell aint getting mine. I have to say this to all on here who see's this thread. It;s a fact that 7 out of 10 Americans own more than one firearm. There's 330 million Americans, that;s a hell of a lot of firepower in the hands of the populace. Exactly which Government Agency is going to be tasked with rounding up all these firearms?

Which ever agency it is, they better be really damn big, with numbers in the hundreds of thousands. If you take the guns in one state or city folks will simply hide their firearms away. I see no way to take our firearms. They may make it hard to get them in the future. But taking what we allready have is simply asking for Americans to implode. And implode we will.

This is all to familular. early 90's 1st trade center bombing... Tried to pass Patriot Act died in the vote... Not enough carnage at the Towers with just 6 deaths. A while later...Oklahoma city.... Who died there mostly? Children.... Got some of that Patriot Act passed after that... Then the grand finally 911.... Then we screamed for them to pass the rest of the Patriot Act that is ripping us of our cival liberties. It was fear stuffed down our throats and we swallowed it. Now we are choking on the aftermath.

I guess Aurora was not enough death and carnage and fear. Trust me my Scottish friend my avatar express's my sentiments on the subject. I am a resposable gun owner and gun advocate. And yea as some would say a gun nut. Just as some collect cars, sports cards, thimbles, I look at is as a long term investment in my future and the future of my family.

As far as that little document we call The Constitution. I carry a pocket copy for anybody that needs a good read. As a side note: I would bet that within a week All gun sales in the Conn area will increase over ten fold. Just as in Aurora.
Hell I may go buy me a new one tomorrow. Wife allways asks me " How many guns do we need? " I allways answer " just one more"
edit on 17-12-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm confused, don't know much about gun ownership. Excuse my ignorance.

I thought they couldn't come along and take any guns you already have acquired legally.
Thought they could be looking to make it harder to get one.

Would you lose your right to bear arms? I suppose that might mean they can make you turn them in?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

As far as that little document we call The Constitution. I carry a pocket copy for anybody that needs a good read. As a side note: I would bet that within a week All gun sales in the Conn area will increase over ten fold. Just as in Aurora.
Hell I may go buy me a new one tomorrow. Wife allways asks me " How many guns do we need? " I allways answer " just one more"
edit on 17-12-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

I'm a Hippy Democrat and I wish I had 100 guns.
I don't own any, but if this goes down I am sure at least 10 different people would be leaving me with a couple presents.

"Just one more" haha I like it. That's exactly the right amount. :lol

A Personal Thank You to Captiva.. At least some of you people in your toothless societies get it. I just realized that could come off as a dumb joke, but I am talking about guns, and I am not kidding.

Imagine the American revolution without guns...
No seriously imagine it... Yea...I couldn't do it either.

So many are brainwashed to the fact that the America they knew is Gone. They are coming for us. As an American who used to be anti gun times 11, I can assure you, this time around, the hippies will Bite, not Bark.

When ever I see their agenda I know I must do the opposite. They are turning me into a warrior. It's their choice not mine, but I die a free man.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Historical fact: Take away the guns and the genocide starts. But there are other ways to do the genocide. If you total up the stats about 860 people died last Friday from needless surgery, doctors mistakes, and prescription drugs use. That's happening everyday... Add to that all the supressed cures that have been around forever and you got yourself a couple million people a year dying at the hands of our benevolent government approved medical/pharmaceutical/insurance industry. And the silence was deafening...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

I imagine those would fall under 'unregistered' then? No, I am not familiar with every state's process for gun ownership, but the point being that for every gun the government can track easily, there are many they can't.

- Dredge

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do you know how many weapons are out there right now?
Those weapons that are already owned and held by Americans?
They can pry our guns from our cold dead hands. Another failed attempt by the media and Government (shadow) to test our rights.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I'm confused, don't know much about gun ownership. Excuse my ignorance.

I thought they couldn't come along and take any guns you already have acquired legally.
Thought they could be looking to make it harder to get one.

Would you lose your right to bear arms? I suppose that might mean they can make you turn them in?

excused.
That is the spin they put on it yes. That's always the spin. A criminal knocks on your door, you open it. He sticks his foot in the door, and now the door cannot be closed. You struggle, it's a battle of wills, but the door never closes, it just get's opened wider. Eventually you pay this criminal to keep the other criminals out and systematically he lets a few in every year to make sure we know he is protecting us from something...

Or we could just NOT let him in.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The MSM and the gov around the world are watching the US closely after this sad tragedy. I believe that the news are using propaganda to get all nations to bully the US public into giving in their guns by psy-ops that way the cops won't need to come and take your guns. Mind control the people into thinking that people with guns are terrorists. I also heard on msm that they are also talking about banning video games and movies as they say are killing simulations for real life war. As I said that it'll be nation against nation people against people. Non-gun people bullying the people with guns. They will use family and friends to persuade you to hand in your guns. Good luck out there and don't give in your freedoms. x

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I appreciate your concern. What people need to remember and understand is the erosion of our rights moves very slowly. They get chipped away as different opportunities arise. I think it's understood at this point that although guns altogether won't be banned this time around, some will, including ways to purchase, ammo amount, etc.

And as normal life continues, more events will take place and as time goes by, the next generations will become more and more hammered with anti-gun propaganda, as to make it easier to ban them altogether one day. They will be burdened with more crimes/murders/massacres, what have you.

And as they get more and more impatient with citizens and their 2nd amendment right, there will come a day when we see something worse than the Sandy Hook massacre. I think we all know that, especially if no substantial progress is made in favor of the gun control community after Sandy Hook.

I think this post from Thunder heart woman says it perfectly for me:

It doesn't make any sense to remove guns because one nut job goes out and does something wrong. Take away guns, someone is going to find a way to kill. You could walk around the corner and meet up with an IUD or having someone rip your face off with their teeth. Taking guns away is treating the symptom, not the problem.

Why should I lose my gun, because a nut goes to a school and decides to kill people? I shouldn't.

And when the United States government starts getting serious and laying down THEIR arms, and stops selling them off to other countries where other people get killed..... when Obama stops ordering drone strikes that kills entire families, including innocent children all at once....MAYBE just maybe I'll back you on a national AWB.

Hey leaders, you know, you, who runs around with armed security .... tell your guards to lay down their arms too, if we're going with a ban on guns. YOU lead the way. Right? Why should just the average citizen have to hand their arms over?

Signed,

Responsible, sane, gun owner and parent

We just can't trust the government, we just can't do it. Stay vigilant.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Do not fret, my Kilted brother, I am from the southern states, and we learned alot from the war of northern aggresion. Google Quantrill's raiders, ignore the propaganda, and realize how effective guerrilla warfare can be. Civil war II is coming We will not comply or surrender this time. 'William Wallace...Freedom..."

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

You are right. Obama and a lot of Americans that are still in love with him believe (well I don't know if he actually believes it or has an agenda) in this we are the world progressiveness. If the UN and all our western friends started on us, there are a lot of people that would think they were doing something good, like a favor they could brag to next time they pop in a hostel on their backpacking tour.

I think it's interesting, and I admit, I like that a non American is sticking up for the 2nd. Haha ironically, it probably feels the same as it would if I was unpacking my backpack in a hostel in Europe and a foreigner patted me on the back and said "it's really cool that your country finally got with the times and got rid of those killing machines" or whatever non sense.

The reality is we are protected against tyranny at the moment. Some people are so comfortable that they aren't aware that a 100 million strong army, even dormant, still has an effect on the plans of others. I know that sounds a little crazy or extreme, and I am not one of the people that believe a rebellion is going to happen or is even necessary (i still think we can do it through the libertarian party and Ron Paul/Gary Johnsons ideals, am I naive?), but eh.. it's not a bad back up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Lol..
The smoking party gave me a laugh. Not at your expense, it's just unusual/unheard of to me. When was this, what decade?

edit on 18-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar

Originally posted by captiva
As we travel this road of lost freedoms and hidden government agendas, there is a thorn in the flesh of those who want to see us live in total servitude. They are using all their propaganda tools to create a "Problem. reaction, solution" scenario to have this thorn removed so they can continue their masterplan.

This thorn is the 2nd Amendment, our American cousins right to own a weapon. Dont let them change public opinion as you, whether you like it or not, are our last defense. I am Scottish and have noticed the media over here starting a campaign to sway opinion as to the sanity of your country allowing ownership of guns. The newspapers are full of it as is the local and national news.

Please hold fast...whether everyone is aware or not right now....we the world, need you to fight for your rights to carry arms.
I'm not an american either, but I cannot fathom how you Scots can call the Americans your "cousins". They are not. They dissidents and traitors of England. Furthermore, I think you Scots should separate from England. Why do you embrace them as your overlords?

I find it amusing that you think Americans are dissidents and traitors of England when the majority of the population isn't even from England NOR any of the countries the Queen of England governs. My roots are from Germany and Holland to name a few. What makes you think we should be kissing her ring when she is not the Queen of our ancestor's homeland. England may have been the first country people left in droves to find and found a new country but it was NOT the only one that settled here NOR are people who hail from England a majority in this country. Let a man see truth and stop trying to cover his eyes because you can't. Just because he chooses to support the right to protect ourselves with our own arms doesn't mean he is a traitor to anyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Thank you one and all for your contributions to this thread...some points.

The fact that the US has a very strong bartering tool, the 2nd am is important to everyone and has nothing to do with political party favouritism. To be honest Ive never understood the US voting system anyway. One system of lies and cheating is the same as the rest world wide.

I dont for the life of me understand why anyone would want their governers, people in power or law enforcement to be more armed than themselves...that is a flaw in our nature that needs addressed. Unfortunatly for some it is too late, myself as a Scotsman being one of those who didnt see the wood for the trees when gun ownership was made illegal here in the UK.

Finally a question to those, especially those Americans who are arguing the removal of guns stance..... Would you really want to take a club or knife to a gun fight ????? because thats what your government wants you to do...illogical.

Respects

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

And the anti-gun crowd is like a bunch of scared little girls who want their mommy, the government, to bring them their teddy...

Where was the government when those kids needed to be protected? How about the people in the movie theater in Colorado? at Columbine?

No thanks, I'll take my guns over the government's empty rhetoric any day.

MOLON LABE!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join