It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not American, but I beg " America, dont let them take your guns !"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Here is a thought!

I am an ex-felon...and not legally supposed to own a firearm!

But do I?

It would be a safe bet to say I do own one!

Who's going to come take it?

Can't legally own it...probably not registered then!

Hmmmm...makes a whole new discussion for disarming America!

Yes it does indeed, they would have to go door to door and search every appartment, home, garage, and woodshed in the country. That would take a lot of manpower and manhours to do.
Even then they would no doubt miss quite a few.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Here is a thought!

But do I?

Exactly. If there is one thing that history has taught us, it is that making something MORE illegal ALWAYS results in criminals stopping their criminal ways.

It worked for drugs.

It worked for drunk drivers.

It worked for .............

Oh, wait

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

Agreed, cause the "War on Drugs" definitely stopped drug flow in America and stopped crime rate right? Prohibition never works...EVER...simple.

If we agree to a "War on Guns", it will just be a repeat of the Prohibition of Alcohol and the Drug War now
edit on 17-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I spent a few years working in China. Every few months they would run a newspaper article about how great communism was. They would point out how China had no AIDS cases because they had banned drug use and homosexuality decades before. I don't know what the AIDS rate was in China, but I do know that at the time, China had more drug treatment centers than any other nation (also touted in different newspaper articles).

This begs the obvious question: If drugs are banned, and there is no drug use in China, why do you have more drug treatment centers than any other nation?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

Yes but then again, almost noboy in my country got guns (I don't know anyone even), after they got banned for personal use/defence.
1st, it's of course not that easy (you must go illegal route), second, no need.

I would buy a gun probaly when I could when it's easy and nomal/accepted.

Not for personal defence but just it's kinda nice to have one. Then I can for fun have a weapon, play with it and if I knew most people had one arround me, sure it would make me feel a bit safer? (just in case!!, you never know!).

So, maybe it's like smoking kinda after all. When I was young, and my parents had a party, they put all different brand of cigarrattes on the table for the guests and everyone was smoking inside the same room and nobody was complaining about smoke (well maybe 1 but it was an exception, he would have gotten weird eyes most likely back then, complaining).
Those same people with ''weird eyes'', judging that guy who was complaining in the above example, got the biggest mouth now, when smoking in the same room of them (after they quit and have become anti smoking!).

So what's normal? It's not normal to own a gun over here, in the US it is.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I will copy the sentiment that I put on my facebook:

I am going to make an unpopular statement.
I am a gun rights advocate. BUT...
Children are dead. There are teachers who did amazing things. there are heroes, there are adults who risked and gave their lives to protect the students. The teachers managed to act amazingly in this situation, moving kids to safe places, and keep them calm and together with reading and coloring.
Instead of understanding why this happened. Instead of reflecting on the heroism of teachers and staff who acted in the heat of a terrifying act, instead of reflecting on how this sort of thing can be improved on or even stopped, the gun nuts start crying to not take away their guns.
If THAT is your first and only concern, is the political implications of this, then maybe you don't deserve to keep your guns.
I didn't know the definition of a gun nut till today.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't own a gun but i am surrounded by them daily. They are as common as flies where i live. We don't have gun crime here. We have hunting and fishing and self defense. We don't have gangs, we have breakins/theft but no gun violence to speak of. Banning guns is a very scary thought. More than likely ending in a Civil War. It would not go well irregardless. You would not find many in the south laying down for it i can assure you. Lets hope common sense prevails and 2013 will be a better year for society.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I don't own a gun but i am surrounded by them daily. They are as common as flies where i live. We don't have gun crime here. We have hunting and fishing and self defense. We don't have gangs, we have breakins/theft but no gun violence to speak of. Banning guns is a very scary thought. More than likely ending in a Civil War. It would not go well irregardless. You would not find many in the south laying down for it i can assure you. Lets hope common sense prevails and 2013 will be a better year for society.

Yes I agree, right now it would be just mission impossible to ban guns in the US.
Even with Obama giving the best speech.. and right now guns should be secundary (how ironic), when the fiscal cliff gets near (his focus should be there).
Imagine that paranoid mom going crazy about fiscall doom and her son killing him, is like the government or president being all focused on guns right now, when something else becomes their end. If the US would go broke, with all those people having guns right now, Mad Max?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here is the issue:

For every legally licensed gun in the U.S. there are probably 5 unlicensed guns. Almost everyone I know owns one or more guns. Many people also know how to get unlicensed weapons if needed. There are also several people I know who can actually MAKE guns and bullets in their homes if required. The only way that guns will be taken away from U.S. citizens is by doing what Germany did in WW2 and convince people to turn in their neighbors. However, even that will not really work because those willing to turn in their neighbors wouldn't have guns so it would be a bad choice on their part.

I believe there should be processes in place to own guns, but reactionary policies based on tragedies only lead to bigger problems. No, teachers should not have guns in schools. Yes, citizens absolutely should be able to own guns. No, the NRA is not responsible for any gun related crimes. When applying common sense to the situation, a logical, reasonable solution can be found. The problem is people allow their emotions to trump logic in situations like this one. The only thing people should worry about right now is those directly affected by this tragedy. Politics can wait.

- Dredge

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Here is a thought!

But do I?

The point you make is one many people over look. There are many unregistered firearms out there. Felons are not able to own guns, but that also does not mean that they don't own them. This is one of the points gun advocates try to make when we say, "If you make guns illegal, the only people who will have them are the criminals".

In my State, no one is required to register a firearm. I can even keep one in my car for self defense. If I am pulled over, I am not required to inform the Officer that I have a gun. He is actually on a need to know basis.

Even if the Government makes guns illegal, they can not collect them all. There are many many people who own guns that are simply not registered. Some are criminals. Some are like myself, law abiding citizens. You would never have any idea I am armed unless you attempted to break into my home, my car, or attack me. If a person were to find out I am armed, it would already be too late for them.

I am sure some are familiar with the saying, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I am pulled over, I am not required to inform the Officer that I have a gun. He is actually on a need to know basis.

Actually...how is that any different than me being pulled over?

Need to know basis...

Depends on who needs to know...right?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm bloody sure, TPTB most gunrighters are so afraid of will never take their weapons away.

I come to that conclusion, because I've got the strange feeling, that TPTB that are used to set the world on fire, are the same ones that sell weapons.

War is their business, and a ban of weapon would kill their business.

They are not interested in disarming the american people (if the really were, that would have happened a long time ago, I think at the latest in 1913).

No, if one day TPTB may decide, that the american people are disposable, TPTB will fill them up with such a paranoia, that they'll just shoot down each other in the biggest shootout this earth has ever seen.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

You seem like a whiny teenager in all these threads bashing gun owners. Get over yourself already. Guns aren't going anywhere, deal with it. Bashing people only makes you seem like a D.B

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike

You seem like a whiny teenager in all these threads bashing gun owners. Get over yourself already. Guns aren't going anywhere, deal with it. Bashing people only makes you seem like a D.B

Come on...let's not be "D.B." too....it's up for discussion!

And are you so sure that guns aren't going anywhere?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
As we travel this road of lost freedoms and hidden government agendas, there is a thorn in the flesh of those who want to see us live in total servitude. They are using all their propaganda tools to create a "Problem. reaction, solution" scenario to have this thorn removed so they can continue their masterplan.

This thorn is the 2nd Amendment, our American cousins right to own a weapon. Dont let them change public opinion as you, whether you like it or not, are our last defense. I am Scottish and have noticed the media over here starting a campaign to sway opinion as to the sanity of your country allowing ownership of guns. The newspapers are full of it as is the local and national news.

Please hold fast...whether everyone is aware or not right now....we the world, need you to fight for your rights to carry arms.
I'm not an american either, but I cannot fathom how you Scots can call the Americans your "cousins". They are not. They dissidents and traitors of England. Furthermore, I think you Scots should separate from England. Why do you embrace them as your overlords?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have to wonder, have you ever been assaulted when you were completely defenseless and alone in the dark which left you in the hospital with injuries severe enough for you to be stuck in a bed for three days and wounds that would take days and years to heal? Just curious. OR had it happened to a little sister or a person you love who is weaker than you?

I guess I would find it hard that if you were standing there next to them while some creep held a gun at them, and you are there with your cell phone... good luck reaching the police. Is it so hard to see how a handgun in the RIGHT hands here is a GOOD thing?
edit on 17-12-2012 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Everyone should listen to the great William Cooper.

In this video, he predicts the 9/11 false flag but he also talks about one of the agendas behind such a false flag, which is to strip us of our freedom and our guns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Though I have to say I can understand a revolver or two, maybe even a regular hunting rifle or shotgun but an assault rifle? What does a mother of two need with an assault rifle?
edit on 17-12-2012 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This post got all messed up so I'm deleting it.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join