It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Start Liquidating Death Row Inamtes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If your a convicted murderer or some other similarly hanus criminal...sitting in jail. Maybe it would set a good example to start putting these people down? Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Don't worry loser, they're gonna be liquidating you soon too. If you want to start killing murderers, you may as well go after your governments. I believe people have a right to live no matter how evil they are, they're there so they wont # around with the way society functions in a prominent way. So IMO it's time to start holding politicians accountable for their actions and affiliations with drug cartels, terrorist organizations, and other horrible # they're involved with.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
If your a convicted murderer or some other similarly hanus criminal...sitting in jail. Maybe it would set a good example to start putting these people down? Thoughts?

A good example of what? The death penalty has never been a real deterrent. If it had been, there would never have been "hanus" crimes in the first place.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Make em work and earn their keep even if it is turning granite blocks into chips for road surfaces etc and for some heinous crimes it would be better than letting someone take an easy route out with just a bullet in the head

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I do not agree with letting them off so easy, death is a release.
If we just kill them all off we can never understand why they have done those crimes.
Society has to take a small portion of blame.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Make em work and earn their keep even if it is turning granite blocks into chips for road surfaces etc and for some heinous crimes it would be better than letting someone take an easy route out with just a bullet in the head

Isn't this how much of the US privatised prison system works already? Lobbying for harder custodial sentences and then tendering out the captive work force to do work that regular Americans could do for a proper wage?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

hmmm......I don't know, people make mistakes you know.

Not only the people who end up behind bars but also the people who put them there.

So let agree on liquidating 'm but only if it is mutually agreed upon by both captor and captive.

Seems like the most fair approach.....

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Why did you come here then?

I could point out all of the ignorance in your post but you might get mad and report it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

While I support the death penalty in certain cases I think if we start systematically "liquidating" death row inmates in a rapid fashion it would be a big mistake. Not only would they be getting off too easy by being immediately put to death after the appeals process is completed, but there have actually been a few cases in which convicts have been exonerated shortly before their scheduled executions because of DNA evidence proving them not guilty of the crimes they were sentenced for. It is better for us to support a million guilty men for the rest of their natural lives than for one innocent man to be executed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Yeah op is the reason why I don't want to have offspring.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Also seeing that so many death row inmates have been freed due to DNA and such, I do not think the system works in actually finding the right person who did the crime.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hmmm... I think you have the right idea but there is one problem and it's a real real BIG one. I was just on a thread recently for this so the numbers are fresh in my mind... 18 men have been cleared off Death Row by DNA evidence. 18 men. Those are 18 instances that, without DNA checking? We would have executed innocent men.

Now, we're in a system that is based on the premise where it's better that 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man should be deprived of life or liberty. 18....of them..almost died for it.

I'd say we have some major major reforming to do in evidence standards and perhaps the basic guidelines which qualify the Death Sentence to be used at all. After all THAT is done and we KNOW we have guilty killers on Death Row? Then by all means...I'd even help. Let's "Clear the Row" and make space for new arrivals.

*Here are some names and cases. 141 have been released off Death Row on the basis of factual innocence...not just a reduction of charges...since the DP was reinstated in 1973. 18 were by DNA for absolute proof.

The Innocence List
edit on 17-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Link

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One problem with your scenario is, many inmates have been freed from prison since the ability to read and compare DNA has come along. How many on death row at present might be innocent?

Another problem is the system itself. If you start killing off inmates, the system is going to be looking to replace them with new inmates. No inmates, no funding. It's a horrible thing, but prisons are businesses.

ETA: Wrabbit! Stop that! We did it again.
Although I like yours better than mine.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I would like to suggest execution for those that don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' while we're at it. That's about as sensible as your opening gambit.

And I'm not sure what a hanus (sic) crime is so I can't comment if they should be put down or not. Or what an inamte is.

edit on 17-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I would like to think that you are referring to the redistribution of a crimal's wealth back into the society from which he or she has taken. However I am under the impression that you are referring to 'Put to death'. To what end!

a. To pay off (a debt, a claim, or an obligation); settle.
b. To settle the affairs of (a business firm, for example) by determining the liabilities and applying the assets to their discharge.
2. To convert (assets) into cash.
3. To put an end to; abolish.
4. To put to death; kill.

Could you clarify which meaning of 'Liquidated' you are attributing to Deat Row Inmates

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InitiumArietis

I hope the OP doesn't mean do this to them

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Surely then he'd have said liquidize?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Took me back to Judge Dredd comic days and the Recyc Plants
, I thank you

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I think 'liquidise' would make things more interesting!!! 'A soup of liquidated 'cereal' rapist with a hint of corn fed murderer and a baked politician on the side'

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Sorry yeah misread lol Not had any sleep for 27 hours due to my stupid work and I have to wait for a package I have to sign for....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join