It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridgefield schools in lockdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

Hell -- we had fire drills and DNC drills in case of nuclear attack. There were guns *in* the schools and nobody got shot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Everyones jumpy now.

Enter the "man with a gun" calls after people are seen with umbrellas and canes. It is rainy there right now.

Last week a section of the interstate here was shut down as troopers combed for a "man with a gun" that turned out to be some poor guy picking up his ski rack that fell off his car.

If it's long and thin call the cops.
edit on 17-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

People are beyond jumpy.

I live far away from CT and my facebook newsfeed is plastered with post after post from Mothers who were scared to send their child to school today.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAranormal
There was also an incident of a gunman at a PA high school. They lockdown the school and the police swarmed.

Come to find out, it was just a man with an umbrella.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I hope this is the same kind of incident, rather a positive outcome.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I just walked in the front door , sat down at the computer and heard on fox news in the background something about a school on lockdown that turned out to be due to a man with an umbrella , and then I swear I heard that that man has been placed under arrest . I hope I missed something or heard it wrong .

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Are schools not always "locked"? Why wouldn't they be? And if they are, why is any extra action necessary?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

They've been calling it lockdown for years. . . But I never thought of it that way. I haven't been an avid "poster" on ATS, but have been reading for years. Magma, you always bring out good thinking material and I look forward to seeing your posts. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

You know, in this tiny Texas town that I reside in, the school has never been "locked up". My kids have been in this school since Kindergarten and I have ALWAYS been able to walk right in... any freaking door... any time of the school day! It's a way of living that these people are used to and they are taking safety for granted and all of our kids are being placed at a huge risk. When the kids go back to school in January, I will be making a big stink about this. We have been lucky so far and no one has been kidnapped and certainly nothing like what just occurred! But I will do whatever I can to ensure that I will never be able to walk into any door.
Pre-K through 12 is all on the same campus just lots of different buildings spread out in different areas.... There are MANY schools laid out this way in small rural areas. My oldest son graduated in a class of 56, just to give an idea of how small this is.
Anyway, thank you for your post. I will fight for change.
I've walked straight into the following areas without going into any of the offices to check-in, with no one questioning why I was there, passing little children in hallways... etc. This is horrible. All of it.

1. Pre-K hall
2. Kindergarten hall
3. 1st - 5th grade elementary halls
4. 6th - 8th grade middle school halls
5. Nurses office
6. Cafeteria (both when empty and filled to brim with kiddos)
7. Athletics Hall
8. Gymnasium (Girls AND boys. . .)
9. Band Hall
10. High school halls

There are probably more, but I can't think of them now... I became more and more amazed at how much I have been allowed to do over the last 9 years of living in this area.
Wow.

edit on 17-12-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: Created a post about this... I was curious... Thanks to sprtpilot for getting my mind creaking. . .

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
The schools better get a crew out there to tighten the screws on their "Gun Free Zone" signs. It's entirely possible that they're not sufficiently visible....

Sarcastic much? I hope so! I certainly am every chance I get.

If you are serious. . .

Well, I can guarantee you that those crazed people with weapons don't give a damn if a sign is hanging up saying

"GUN FREE ZONE"

But, yes... I'm sure this is sarcasm. It's just that I've seen many people posting this same idea, in different words, and some of them imply absolute seriousness!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by CINY8

Hell -- we had fire drills and DNC drills in case of nuclear attack. There were guns *in* the schools and nobody got shot.

I remember them. Looking back now the duck and cover, don't look at the flash, etc. seems kind of stupid. If we were close to the blast it wouldn't have made a difference. I think the fire drills were OK because we helped mop the wooden floors every Friday with oil to keep dust down next week. I remember folks bringing guns to school to go hunting in the evening.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

or you know people are extra paranoid and cautious due to fridays events...

Can you blame them?

Yes, the media took advantage of this story in it's typical fashion which does not help t he situation, but the event did happen no matter the circumstances behind it and as another member said on page one "better safe than sorry".

My intention of posting this news was not to turn this into a gun debate, and I'm not saying that you have done this, but I was under the impression that there may have been a situation unfolding and wanted to share the news with my fellow ATS members. Thankfully it appears that it was a false alarm from a paranoid woman who believed she saw something.

Maybe we will never know, but at least nothing happened.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
The new catchphrase is 'lockdown'

That is what happens in jail....

Ironically the schools are very similar to the prison system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join