It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridgefield schools in lockdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ridgefield schools in lockdown

www.ctpost.com

Ridgefield schools are in a lockdown after a report of a man with a rifle in the area.

There were reports of a man with a weapon near the Branchville train station. State and local police have been dispatched.

Ridgefield Superintendent Deborah Low has released a statement saying that town schools "have been put into lockdown."

"This is Ridgefield Superintendent Deborah Low with an important annoucement on Monday, December 17th at 9:00 AM. Due to a report of a possibly suspicious person in the Branchville Train Station area, all schools have been put into lockdown. Branchville Elem
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newstimes.com

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Another possible incident in CT?

Hopefully it's nothing but maybe we have a deranged copy cat on the loose or perhaps it is even somehow connected to the last shooting but I have no way of knowing for sure.

There are too many coincidences with the last shooting so I hope this is nothing at all, but if we have a copycat out there then things could get ugly.

I will update as more news is released.

Update...

This doesn't confirm anything, but it appears that it may have been a false alarm.

By 10 a.m., it appears the report is false, but police -- some in SWAT gear -- are still on the scene.

Police from Westport, Danbury, Bethel are assisting state and Ridgefield police.

www.ctpost.com...

www.ctpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/17/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is hunting season open?

And yes, I sure hope this isn't another 'school shooter' - but even if it isn't? It's achieved the same effect.

Hold onto your guns people - the end of the Second Amendment is near.

peace
edit on 17-12-2012 by silo13 because: clarification

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Everyones jumpy now.

Enter the "man with a gun" calls after people are seen with umbrellas and canes. It is rainy there right now.

Last week a section of the interstate here was shut down as troopers combed for a "man with a gun" that turned out to be some poor guy picking up his ski rack that fell off his car.

If it's long and thin call the cops.
edit on 17-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Or maybe there actually is a man with a gun who has been spotted.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The new catchphrase is 'lockdown'

That is what happens in jail....

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The schools better get a crew out there to tighten the screws on their "Gun Free Zone" signs. It's entirely possible that they're not sufficiently visible....

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
The new catchphrase is 'lockdown'

That is what happens in jail....

they want everyone to get used to the terms
it comes with living in a police state

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is hunting season here in GA and so far not a single incident of paranoia has hit us so far, but then again this is a very predominant pro gun state

I see people with rifles all the time around and my husband carry his gun with him all the time in the mall and restaurants so far nobody has looked at him and scream in terror

We are facing an agenda and I will not back on my perception of what is going, it is an agenda and the government wants everybody to start screaming at anybody that carries a gun to make their anti gun argument stick more.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have three kids in school and they have been practicing lockdowns at least since the Columbine tragedy. This isn't anything new. Everyone is going to be on edge now, just like they were after Columbine.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Strange how everyone is constantly living in fear. Just where they want you. Not every single human other than yourself is not trying to kill you. Sad as it may be for the news outlets that peddle this crap on a 24/7 cycle. Keeping this stuff on TV all day everyday is bound to cause copy cat scenarios. Which maybe what the media wants.

At some point people need to start moving on from this incident.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Strange how everyone is constantly living in fear. Just where they want you. Not every single human other than yourself is not trying to kill you. Sad as it may be for the news outlets that peddle this crap on a 24/7 cycle. Keeping this stuff on TV all day everyday is bound to cause copy cat scenarios. Which maybe what the media wants.

its not necessarily the media that wants it.
but those who control the media

ya always gotta look
behind that curtain

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

I wish that people will just do that and snap out of it, but see the media propaganda of giving the public what it sells and make profits like sex scandals and mass criminals is the one that is promoting the paranoia, that serve the government just fine in their pursue of more fire to launch their agendas.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Exactly.. Fear is weak.. You can grow from it, temper your emotions, and react rationally or you can be consumed by it.

My girlfriend worked in a movie theater when the batman shooting happened,
and now she works at a school, when the ct shooting happened.
She's not jumpy though.

She said she would beat the living crap out of anyone that would try to hurt her little kiddies. I believe her too as unrealistic as that sounds.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If it's long and thin call the cops.

The phrase better safe than sorry comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
I have three kids in school and they have been practicing lockdowns at least since the Columbine tragedy. This isn't anything new. Everyone is going to be on edge now, just like they were after Columbine.

What a way to grow up into an adult. Practicing lockdowns to be safe from rogue gunman.

We had fire drills in case of accidental fire.

That's pretty sad. Imoa

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

As much I can somewhat agree, say that to the parents and family/friends of those poor children that were slaughtered no less than 3 days ago...........

I do not mean to be harsh but I have lived something similar:

A gunman walked into my kids school back in April 2011Link (sorry...french link), they were locked down and surrounded by police and media and parents (ie me) had to wait in the school yard for over an hour only hearing others speculating that there were many dead.....I was NEVER that scared in my life, and luckily, there were NO shots fired on that day and everyone got to go home safe. So I can relate at least a little what those parents are going through although my kids were unharmed, I had no idea what to expect untill I held them in my arms.

To say get over it or as you put it"move on from this incident" only 3 days after the incident..... It is important to move on, but this is still VERY VERY fresh.....they need time.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Teye22 because: to add

edit on 17-12-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I completely agree. We only had fire drills when I was a kid in school. My kids actually brought up the lockdown drills after I spoke to them about the CT shootings. They told me they now see it as a way to keep them safe, they shouldn't even have to think about these things. I think that lockdown drills have been mandatory for many schools for a while now.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Is hunting season open?

And yes, I sure hope this isn't another 'school shooter' - but even if it isn't? It's achieved the same effect.

Hold onto your guns people - the end of the Second Amendment is near.

peace
edit on 17-12-2012 by silo13 because: clarification

That is what i was thinking? Possibly someone with extremely poor judgement rather than anything sinister? Hoping so anyway........

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A lot of folks here are sick. Why should people "get over it" 3 days later. Why shouldn't people see an umbrella and call the cops thinking it was a rifle a few days later after a massacre takes place near by. Human reaction to be a bit scared. No one wants this, this isn't some grand conspiracy to get our guns. I think some of you are void of human emotion. That is all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join