It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all schools should be cancelled this Friday.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Where I live there are kids/ college kids who will be out before this coming Friday anyways. I started my break last week so I don't have to worry about skipping class that day. I don't believe that the world will end on Friday but some people rather be safe then sorry.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Extra security in some of schools in the Chicago burbs:

chicago.cbslocal.com...

"Earlier Thursday, the district warned parents and students in a posting on its website about “student initiated rumors about school violence occurring on or before December 21st.”

The district believes the rumors are linked somehow to the Mayan calendar “doomsday” talk surrounding Dec. 21. Administrators say they’re working with local Oswego police and that security will be heightened at both high schools starting Friday."
edit on December 18th 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I wasn't that worried about the 21st until my 8 year old son came home today with a picture that he drew at school. It was a picture of a black spaceship with a little black person inside. Above the spaceship were the words Alien Invasion and underneath the spaceship were a line of little people like figures. They were all different colors, blue, red, orange, green and purple. I asked him why he drew it and he said because "that is what is going to happen on Friday".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I value education too...which is why I stayed home as many days as I possibly could when i was in HS / Elem.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Maybe my youngsters school already has thought ahead on the Mayan calender and even world affairs because they are being let out on the day prior.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
We're not likely to suffer a school shooting in the UK (though I'm not saying it can't happen), and my sons school is impossible to get into unless they recognise you as a parent. Second to this, all doors open from the inwards out, they're all locked from the inside and you can't open them from outside.

Further to this; I have my own reasons to not wanting him to be in school Friday.
It's that "just in case something bad does happen" regarding 21/12/2012. If there is a massive world ending event (which I know logically there won't be), I would want to die with my son, not separately from him.

This is all well and good but the school who got attacked had all of these security features as well - the kid shot/broke through one of the windows in the school and walked through.

If you say so. Since no-one really knows how he got in, it's not really worth arguing about at this time is it? Some have said he was known at the school, and was let in...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
well I plan on keeping my kids home on the 21st. I figure its just a half day anyways, I have been planning on keeping them home that day now for over a month so why change my plans. What is the sense in sending a kid to school on that 1/2 day before Christmas vacation all they do in the class rooms is watch movies, or play games, they don't do any work.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My kids are staying home Friday and that has been the plan for a very long time now! I know of quite a few people who are taking off work and keeping their kids home on the 21st, however ALL of them are doing so as a precaution not because they believe anything "epic" is going to happen, but simply for the reasons we are discussing here; better to be safe than sorry, period, end of discussion!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am keeping my younger kids home on friday...they are in 1st grade. My older son is a senior, and I am letting him make his own decision, and he has chosen to go to school.

As for me, well, I am working, but, I don't have to go far to get home. But I do plan on staying away from the public as much as possible to avoid the loonies.

I wonder how many drunk driver deaths there will be Friday night/Saturday morning for those going to the "end of the world" bash parties?

Ban alcohol being served in public places!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
We're not likely to suffer a school shooting in the UK (though I'm not saying it can't happen), and my sons school is impossible to get into unless they recognise you as a parent. Second to this, all doors open from the inwards out, they're all locked from the inside and you can't open them from outside.

Further to this; I have my own reasons to not wanting him to be in school Friday.
It's that "just in case something bad does happen" regarding 21/12/2012. If there is a massive world ending event (which I know logically there won't be), I would want to die with my son, not separately from him.

The School in Newtown was locked up in similar fashion. This boy shot out the windows of the door and reached his hand in and opened the door. You are only as secure as the intruder is smart.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I think the kids will be okay going to school. The end of the world is supposed to happen at 11:11pm universal time. Most of us will be home then.

It does make me nervous about copy-cat killers, though.
What is universal time? When its 11:11 for me its 10:11 for those directly west of me and its well later to the east but since I am on the coast going east you wont get to people again for a few time zones across the Atlantic. So 11:11 comes at different times on the planet depending on where you live.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Personally, I would let all students out of school until after New Years. This would give all States time to up-grade security. I would also throw in GPS Watches to keep track of them both at school and at home. Maybe some-kind of panic button on Watch or Cell Phones. I would bullet proff all glass in buildings or have something to pull down over them to protect the structure from entry. I would create an emergency exit with steel door to some kind of protected area. I would create someway to lock-down certain areas. I would not allow anyone in that was not suppose to be there. As for this horrible incident- I would tear down the school. I would re-build.

Our children are all that we have!! We must protect them!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Many, or most, schools in this area have added armed security for this entire week. We are within a 40 minute radius of S.H.E.S. I hope to never have to see this again in my lifetime, or my childrens' lifetime, but I would rather see the "crazy" people try to do something this week, while the gaurds are there. Maybe we can weed out a few of the nuts here and now.
edit on 18-12-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Most schools here are still in session Friday, last school day before the holiday break. Keep your kids home and close whether school is open or not, and spend the time in reflection, maybe, to whatever moves you most about this tragedy, and all that's going on in the world. I'm going to.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My kids are off Friday, if they weren't they wouldn't be going to school anyway. There are too many crazy people, a lot of these crazy people believe something bad or good will happen on Friday. If nothing happens I will have an extra days with my kids, but ya never know maybe the Mayans were right!! In any case I would rather die with my kids than away from them. My hubby has to work on Friday I hate that he has to work, but luckily I met everyone he works with and no one seemed too crazy!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Honestly, I think that's a very good idea. I don't think they will do it, but they probably should. Too many people go too crazy over things like this, and we have already seen some of that (maybe) playing out. I plan to stay home.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have thought about keeping my kids home, but I can't get off of work, I can't find anyone to watch them for me, and they have only a 1/2 day. I hadn't really been too terribly concerned about that, till I read this post, and it really drove home how many normal folks are worried about a copy cat, and I saw a news flash or broadcast where they are already talking about 0 tolerance for copy cat killings of this nature. So makes me go hmmm... if the normals of the population are concidering this, wth are the crazies concidering? And what do they think 0 tolerance will do to thwart a suicidal gun toting maniac?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This kid was about to break the record of victims in a school shooting planned for December 21st

Police selzed his weapon after threat

www.godlikeproductions.com...
edit on 19-12-2012 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I will be working, caring for animals is my job. Honestly, I can't think of a better way to go; caring for the loving creatures on earth. (I don't have family here)

Awe!! Yes I agree :-)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chefc14
Unfortunately I agree. I hated letting my kids go to school. I think the 21st paranoia is too much for some people. Heck, look at what the heavens gate cult did over a comet. Who knows what we are liable to see. Mass suicides wouldn't surprise me either.

Between you and Boncho, that's the 2nd mention of the 'Heaven's Gate' cult in a short while.

Weird.

No comets about are there?

On topic:

I agree.

Although Friday is (most probably) going to be a normal day in most respects, there are a lot of people who think it's doomsday, the rapture, the return of Annunaki, invasion by malevolent/benevolent ET's, time for a flood or take your pick...there are BOUND to be at least a handful of them who 'want to spare the kids the misery of being killed in a horrific event...by horrifically killing them beforehand (yeah, i know).

edit on 19-12-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join