posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:45 AM
Joe Biden wants "common ground" for gun control measures.....It is appeasement but then again politics is the art of compromise so here is what I
1) Universal background checks where guns have to be transferred thru either a local FFL (for a fee) OR the local Police (for free).
2) The ability to challenge with due process any denial (ie veterans who return and find that thru the NICS they cant buy a weapon and are not even
told why). As long as the government controls the background and approval process it could slowly start to tighten approvals (being a member of a
"conspiracy site" for example).
3) Registration for High Capacity Magazines defined as larger than the standard for the weapon (ie > 30 rds for an AR or AK platform; >20 rds for a
.308 platform; >18 rounds for a handgun; >20 rds for a shotgun magazine). In other words just the 50 and 100 rd drum mags.
4) Remove the restrictions on semi-auto assault shotguns classified as "Destructive Devices" requiring BATFE
5) Allow purchase and possession of new (not just grandfathered) full auto weapons if approved by BATFE.
6) A commitment by government to never confiscate weapons en masse from citizens. And any executive or legislative action to do so, directly or
indirectly (ie international treaties or UN directives) would be a treasonable offense for US members of government and null and void if
edit on 13-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)