It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunblane School Massacre....ended handgun rights in UK

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
he best part is, it is extremely unlikely they would pull a gun, not impossible, but highly improbable,

highly improbable I doubt very seriously, in this country anyway... and I am sure only the criminals have firearms in your country so don't try to play it off like you have a firearm free nation. Your media just chooses not to report on it to give you a false sense of security.

what am I on... nothing man, I just don't like you... simply because you advertise your nation, a nation which has trampled on the entire world and still acts self righteous supreme.

I believe UK is historically the cause more so of the worlds problems than they claim religion is...

nice chatting with you

edit on 17-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by woogleuk

the British have a very liberal way of turning the blind eye... Brits are the type of people to see a rape or a mugging taking place in an alley and instead of help they run and call the police.

their cowardice is unsurpassed.

Is that statement based on real hard facts or experience or your opinion?

the British women are directly responsible for what has become of their men... heck British women are tougher than their men in this day an age.

it is from experience and you can add British men (cause I love all women) to the list of things I dislike in this world... Canadian and Homosexuals reside just beneath on the list.

good day

wow.....us British women are so tough and yet we don't even need gun's or a man with a gun to accomplish it?

Judging off some of your other comments you seem to suffer from some serious misconceptions....we can all be guilty of that....but come on it's rather weak to buy into every stereotype.
A lot of unkind things are perceived about the American people all the world round, they are not without their stereotypes.....but I try to have my own mind on those matters.
You don't know a thing about me but based on where I live in the world you would make a judgement about what I am about?

And as for drawing to your conclusions about a whole nation of people via internet experiences ....errrm yes that's very wise

You might have distaste for the British people... but I happen to like the American people very much

And America gave us Spam....I can't fault a nation that gave us Spam....May God bless America for giving us the mystery meat!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

ha you women have persuasive ways... much admiration and respect.

I have been foruming online since atleast 1998, I have never met a British male which I like or who has not attacked me or my nation, and first I might add. So mow I just jump the gun because they are all so the same reading their comments.

no offense darlin' I'm not much the gentleman unless I am under the influence of a female

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Attention!

Address the topic...

Dunblane School Massacre....ended handgun rights in UK

...And not each other.

Any further OT's will result in post bans.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by KingIcarus
So? Less people get shot with handguns now. We haven't had a school shooting either.

It does still happen, of course, but when it does it's news because it's rare.

Suits us just fine.

Not that rare. In the US there was two in 2012, one in 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, two in 2001, one in 1999, two in 1998. Before then it gets a little rarer, it seems like it's becoming more and more common, as are massacres not in a school.

You don't see these types of massacres happening before the introduction of psychiatric medications into society (combined with the media and entertainment desensitizing violence).

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I can see some mental illnesses and media going hand in hand with some of these.

The problem is, how do you know if someone who appears to be mentally fine isn't just one day going to snap.

Again I refer back to the shooting that happened in my local area (West Cumbria, England), otherwise normal guy with no history of mental illness, just breaking due to stress and going out on a massacre with his legally owned guns.

I appreciate the fact that, unlike the UK, the people of the US don't to give up their firearms. But is there any need to own certain types of firearms?

Is it necessary to own so many?

In the case of self defense, can you not use a none lethal form of weapon that can be just as effective as a gun, just without the death, and potential massacres from people who suddenly go a bit mentally unbalanced?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asheliate

A nuclear weapon would be fine...because that bomb would not kill anyone unless armed to detonate, by a person.

But, the detonation might get them banned, so that would be a good thing.
edit on 17-12-2012 by MarshMallow_Snake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by SpearMint

Yes. The laws will stop nothing.

If americans passed such laws in the wake of events, one would still see killings 50 years after the fact.

Changing gun laws won't do a thing. The last time I checked, criminals don't follow laws.

"Oh, guns are illegal now? Well I was going to shoot up that school... there goes that idea down the toilet! I'll just sit at home and watch TV instead I guess."

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
In the case of self defense, can you not use a none lethal form of weapon that can be just as effective as a gun, just without the death, and potential massacres from people who suddenly go a bit mentally unbalanced?

there is somewhat an epidemic happening in China right now with attacks in their schools. Mass murderers don't need guns to kill people albeit you have a better chance of surviving a knife attack. Killers use IED's and airplanes and pretty much anything can be turned into a weapon of mass destruction, even an automobile which has been done by mad motorists.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
The last time I checked, criminals don't follow laws.

My God, I think you may be onto something, I was confused why there seemed to still be reports of murder, seeing as it's illegal and all. I'm sure as soon as I email the government pointing out your astounding observation they'll see how pointless that law is. You've certainly wrapped up this argument.

I can't believe I lived my life up to this point thinking that as soon as a law was passed, hang on a minute, do you think that same observation applies to any other laws too? I did hear reports of a robbery the other day but I thought there must have been some mistake. Why, this has put a whole new perspective on things, I suspect you'll go down in history for such a ground-breaking realisation.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So how many other rights have you lost since this happened?

Because I keep hearing about how you guys have some outrageous laws over there...

So what are the real ramifications of the handgun ban besides lower shootings?
You probably aren't even allowed to answer this.....
edit on 17-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by SpearMint

why are you conveniently forgetting that guns also SAVE ppl and more often than not.
how many cars do that ?

Ever heard of Ambulances?

and alcohol ?? yeah, sure, right.

Anti-Septic?

Good Strawman augument though.

??
??
ambulances are NOT cars.
they are not driven by the 'public at large'
ambulances do not save anyone ... the EMTs on board can and do.

so, you consume anti-septic, do ya ??
'round here, ppl get sent to padded rooms for such behavior.

i'd guess the pkg of straws were placed just beyond your reach, eh ?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Because I keep hearing about how you guys have some outrageous laws over there...

No ramifications....we didn't have a gun culture before or after the ban.....hardly anyone before the ban had a handgun anyway

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

No ramifications....we didn't have a gun culture before or after the ban.....hardly anyone before the ban had a handgun anyway

I'm talking about ramifications not relating to guns, but ramifications of not having an armed citizenry. It seems like every week there's a thread on this site with some outrageous laws limiting your freedom over there.

for the sake of example

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Great Britain is directly responsible for our laws over here...

I don't support guns, I am American and a conservative... I don't support banning them either.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join